Windows 10: Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full

Discus and support Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Instead of Deleting OST files, I renamed them Drive was full, so I deleted my old ost files and now there is plenty of space on my hard drive but on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DonMurray, Jul 30, 2021.

1. DonMurray Win User

Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full

Instead of Deleting OST files, I renamed them Drive was full, so I deleted my old ost files and now there is plenty of space on my hard drive but on this computer, But outlook won't download my mail anymore on this computer. it will on the other computers - I need to somehow let outlook know that I have enough space.

:)

DonMurray, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Eberwurz Win User

recover a .ost file

Chances are you already wrote a new .ost file in the original location. Rename the new .ost file to *previousfilename*.ost.bak01

Windows will warn you about breaking the file but ignore that. You can undo that later by simply removing .bak01.

Afterwards when you are sure there is not a proper .ost file in place try again to restore the deleted .ost file.

Eberwurz, Jul 30, 2021
  3. recover a .ost file

Earlier today i deleted my .ost file from Appdata microsoft outlook on my c drive .

I was having problems with sync issues in outlook 800cccd2-0-0-733 terminated in error .

i went to troubleshoot and help and it suggested deleting the .ost file for my email address and then to restart outlook to allow a new ost to be created.

I deleted it as instructed and now all my contacts and emails and folders are gone.

I have tried many times to contact you and earlier i got to this point then it said experiencing technical issues at microsoft help and cut me off.

Please please help.

kind regards Sally

SALLYDOWLER, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full

Why are OST files not to be shadowed

I don't want to delete the ost file. I want to delete the key in the registry which lists the ost file as one not to be shadowed.

PoulsboMike, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full

1. Instead of Deleting OST files I renamed them- Drive was full - Similar Threads - Instead Deleting OST

2. My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...: My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on windows 11. I have tried emptying the recycle bin, running storage sense, placing all my files online only on one drive, and using disk clean up. I can some times get another 1 or 2 GB,...
  3. My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on...: My C drive remains full even after I delete files, or move them to an external drive on windows 11. I have tried emptying the recycle bin, running storage sense, placing all my files online only on one drive, and using disk clean up. I can some times get another 1 or 2 GB,...
  4. OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File: Toady am represent a wonderful Software for the conversion of inaccessible and disconnected OST files into Outlook PST files. keep your eyes in the post, i am revealing the name of Superlative Software- PDS OST to PST Converter. It's very reliable for non tech users because...
  5. recover a .ost file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover a .ost file: Earlier today i deleted my .ost file from Appdata microsoft outlook on my c drive . I was having problems with sync issues in outlook 800cccd2-0-0-733 terminated in error . i went to troubleshoot and help and it suggested deleting the .ost file for my email address and...
  6. my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them

my os drive is full by temporary files that i cant delet them: my C drive is full by temporary files that I cant delete them in setting page show that i have 140GB temperary files but after clicking show just less then 100MB and there is no effect by removing please help me to solve the problem...
  7. Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted files instead of uninstalling files now hard drive full: HI, My son listened to bad advise and has been deleting files instead of uninstalling them to remove them from his computer. Now his hard drive is full and he doesn't have enough stuff listed on there that would fill it up. So when he deleted them instead of uninstalling...
  8. file will not sync, be deleted, or renamed

file will not sync, be deleted, or renamed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have found the location of the folder but it still will not let me delete or rename, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-will-not-sync-be-deleted-or-renamed/3ac31aa9-c9c9-49d7-863f-c161a50477cf"
  9. Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst: I upgraded to Win10/Office 2016 from Win7/Office 2013. At the same time, I changed my web mail (Gmail) from POP3 to IMAP. Since the upgrade, Outlook creates *.ost data files instead of *.pst data files. As far as I am able to determine, *.ost files are a product of or are...
  10. Batch Rename Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Rename Deletes Files: Hey all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night, and I've been playing around with the new File Explorer. One thing I tried was the batch rename function (by which I mean just selecting multiple files and clicking "rename"). I quickly realized that it behaves differently...