Windows 10: Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown

Discus and support Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop runs on W10 home version 21h1. The antivirus I am currently using is Windows defender and Power Sleep option I have set to never.Few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NandagopalH, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown

Hi, My laptop runs on W10 home version 21h1. The antivirus I am currently using is Windows defender and Power Sleep option I have set to never.Few months ago I installed ccleaner and accidentally deleted few registry. After which I am facing restart shutdown problem .No matter what changes I make like update, installing / uninstalling a programme followed by Clicking Restart, the icon keeps spinning and Laptop brand name it appears and suddenly with a blick sound system shutdown. Anybody help me regarding this.

:)

NandagopalH, Sep 1, 2021
  2. drpet23 Win User

Pc restart instead of shutdown after brief powerloss.

When powerloss ( 1 second ) ( due to switch of electric fuse ) is very brief pc will restart or shutdown. ?

My pc get restarted instead of shutdown.Any ideas?

I ask because i have in bios option AC Power Loss POWER OFF.

When i manually cut power for longer time pc will not boot itself when power back, because i have AC POWER LOSS POWER OFF in bios.
    But few days ago when power due to switch of electric fuse was off only for 1 second pc restarts instead of shutdown.

drpet23, Sep 1, 2021
  3. little cat, Sep 1, 2021
  4. drpet23 Win User

Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown

Pc restart instead of shutdown after brief powerloss.

Hello. Fast question. I dont know why it happened.

In my house powerloss ( 1 second? ) was very brief ,then pc rebooted instead of shutdown.

My pc get restarted instead of shutdown.Any ideas?

I ask because i have in bios option AC Power Loss POWER OFF.

Corsair 750RM and Asus Z170-P

drpet23, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown

1. Instead of Restart my W10 will shutdown - Similar Threads - Instead Restart W10

2. Shutdown does restart instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown does restart instead: When I select the shutdown option, my computer restarts instead. I'm using Win11 Pro on an HP Envy x360 laptop.It will shutdown if I use the shutdown command in a terminal window.Any ideas how to address this or what to look at?Thanks!...
  3. Shutdown does restart instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown does restart instead: When I select the shutdown option, my computer restarts instead. I'm using Win11 Pro on an HP Envy x360 laptop.It will shutdown if I use the shutdown command in a terminal window.Any ideas how to address this or what to look at?Thanks!...
  4. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  5. Laptop restarts instead of shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop restarts instead of shutdown: This issue started back a long time ago maybe 5-6 months after I installed a windows update. Then whenever I shutdown my laptop it gets restarted. I did a search to find a solution but it didn't worked for me. Sol-Disabling the fast startup option I have reported...
  6. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  7. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  8. My surface pro 3 restart instead of shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My surface pro 3 restart instead of shutdown: Hello, my Surface pro 3 since ~2 weeks restart instead shutdown. Here is what i tried: 1. Disabling Fast Startup 2. Disable in Device Manager wifi card Wake up on pattern match. Waiting for help :)...
  9. Sleep instead of Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep instead of Shutdown: I have a desktop computer running Windows 10. It has been working with no problems. Recently it stopped shutting down. When shutdown is selected, it appears to shutdown, the monitor reports the video signal is lost and the lights go off on the PC. However it you touch...
  10. Making W10 **SHUTDOWN** Instead of HIbernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Making W10 **SHUTDOWN** Instead of HIbernating: How can I make Windows 10 shutdown instead of hibernating? Everytime I shutdown, then turn my PC back on, I have to do a hard reboot because VeraCrypt gets all confused. 48965