Windows 10: Instead of sleeping, computer shows picture?

Discus and support Instead of sleeping, computer shows picture? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,When I put windows 10 to sleep, it does not sleep, but shows one of the those landscape pictures it shows when turning on???The only way I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by abpc555, Jun 11, 2021.

1. abpc555 Win User

Instead of sleeping, computer shows picture?

Hello,When I put windows 10 to sleep, it does not sleep, but shows one of the those landscape pictures it shows when turning on???The only way I can put to sleep is if I then press the space bar, then it prompts me for a password, then, on the lower right of the screen, I can put to sleep and it works.Thanks.

:)

abpc555, Jun 11, 2021

2. Lock Screen showing default picture instead of Windows Spotlight

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it didn't work either.

I followed all the steps but still a default picture is showing instead of the windows spotlight.

Ricardo Abi Zeid, Jun 11, 2021
  3. OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, Jun 11, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Instead of sleeping, computer shows picture? - Similar Threads - Instead sleeping computer

2. in desktop computer global internet option is nsof showing instead of pc picture is showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in desktop computer global internet option is nsof showing instead of pc picture is showing...: in desktop computer global internet option is not showing instead of pc picture is showing with red cross on it. I want to activate Windows but without Internet it is not possible...please guide. And desktop computer can be connected to mobile hotshot or I need to buy...
  3. in desktop computer global internet option is nsof showing instead of pc picture is showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in desktop computer global internet option is nsof showing instead of pc picture is showing...: in desktop computer global internet option is not showing instead of pc picture is showing with red cross on it. I want to activate Windows but without Internet it is not possible...please guide. And desktop computer can be connected to mobile hotshot or I need to buy...
  4. in desktop computer global internet option is nsof showing instead of pc picture is showing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The pictures show a glitch photo instead of the real photo!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The pictures show a glitch photo instead of the real photo!!: Good Evening, I have a big problem here when I try to send the screenshots on WhatsApp web or telegram or paste it somewhere social the screen it shows a glitch photo instead of the real photo. https://i.imgur.com/VzTfBTp.png submitted by /u/iTady74 [link]...
  6. Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shutsdown Instead of Sleeps: I've been having this problem where my machine will hard shutdown instead of sleep. I'm running: Windows 10 Home ASUS Prime B350 Plus Mobo Ryzen 1700X I've seen this issue with some googling and I've tried the following fixes: Updated to the most recent BIOS v5602...
  7. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  8. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  9. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  10. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping: Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.) Suggestions? Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version...