Windows 10: “ instead of @

Discus and support “ instead of @ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just bought a new laptop and started the set-up process. Unfortunately I chose UK English as my preferred keyboard set-up and so I have a “ instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nettie M, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Nettie M Win User

“ instead of @

Just bought a new laptop and started the set-up process. Unfortunately I chose UK English as my preferred keyboard set-up and so I have a “ instead of @ on the number 2 key. On reading why this is and seeing suggestions on changing to US English, I cant even log in to Microsoft with my email to make the necessary changes. Any suggestions as to how I can go back and alter it so I can log in? HP Laptop has Windows 10 installed by the way. Any help much appreciated as I want to get it up and running with MS Office. Cheers!

:)

Nettie M, Nov 2, 2019
  2. AFW
    afw Win User

1st timer, need help checking if the parts match up with each other...

This is the list i suggested on another thread ...
    $773- MIR $30 = $743 (you can get the 1GB GTX460 instead of the one listed in this)

“ instead of @ Build.jpg

3. OFFICIAL   Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Review)

there is something wrong with suggested for you list on npu page. clicking on picture of dd:da review from suggested for you list leads to perormance analysis instead of review. hovering mouse over it shows in status bar correct link to review but clicking on picture reloads analysis.
    links from reviews&articles page works fine.

edit: link from home page of npu sends you to analysis instead of review as well.

ne6togadno, Nov 2, 2019
  4. “ instead of @

Office And Light Gaming Build

There's nothing wrong with the build, but I have some suggestions to, IMHO, make it better:
    • You list a 550 watt PSU, but you have a 51 watt CPU and a GPU that pulls 120 watts at the max. In other words, your system will pull under 200 watts at maximum load, which it sounds like will be rarely. PSU's are most efficient between 50-80%, and even at max load, this system won't reach 50%. Suggest a PSU 400 watts or less, like the Seasonic G-360.
    • RAM's really cheap. Suggest getting 16 GB instead.

thebluebumblebee, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

“ instead of @

1. “ instead of @ - Similar Threads - “ instead

2. I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...: My less than symbol is now ;My greater than symbol is now :My and symbol is now / and my at symbol is now "My computer was working just fine yesterday and the day before. I went to work, I came home, and now my symbols on my HP laptop keyboard are mixed up, but just some of...
  3. I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...: My less than symbol is now ;My greater than symbol is now :My and symbol is now / and my at symbol is now "My computer was working just fine yesterday and the day before. I went to work, I came home, and now my symbols on my HP laptop keyboard are mixed up, but just some of...
  4. I try to type the at symbol you use for email addresses and it gives me this " instead. My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to have F11 be for full screen mode instead of "Block Recording Mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have F11 be for full screen mode instead of "Block Recording Mode": My computer Windows 11 somehow switch for the F11 key is now toggling on and off "Block Screen Recording" when it used to move my computer to full screen. How do I get it to go back to being for full screen?...
  6. How to have F11 be for full screen mode instead of "Block Recording Mode"

How to have F11 be for full screen mode instead of "Block Recording Mode": My computer Windows 11 somehow switch for the F11 key is now toggling on and off "Block Screen Recording" when it used to move my computer to full screen. How do I get it to go back to being for full screen?...
  7. When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...: Hello, In any game i play, FPS, Driving Sim, Platformer, and i try to use the S key and A or D to move backwards, my character will stop moving entirely. im not sure whats going on or how to fix this issue....
  8. When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...

When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...: Hello, In any game i play, FPS, Driving Sim, Platformer, and i try to use the S key and A or D to move backwards, my character will stop moving entirely. im not sure whats going on or how to fix this issue....
  9. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...: I am using a tool that generates popups from a callcenter product website for a customer.Its ment to show a windows popup on specific events.Problem is, the popup behaviour is very unreliable, and i couldnt find ways to control it. Sometimes it shows as a popup in the corner...
  10. How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i force specific notifications to always show a popup instead of silently going into...: I am using a tool that generates popups from a callcenter product website for a customer.Its ment to show a windows popup on specific events.Problem is, the popup behaviour is very unreliable, and i couldnt find ways to control it. Sometimes it shows as a popup in the corner...