Windows 10: Instlling iTunes under Windows 10 running in Windows 7 compaatible mode

Discus and support Instlling iTunes under Windows 10 running in Windows 7 compaatible mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running a Windows 10 machine using Windows 7 compatibility mode. Am trying to install the latest version of iTunes but keep getting errors. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RandiFriedman, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Instlling iTunes under Windows 10 running in Windows 7 compaatible mode

I am running a Windows 10 machine using Windows 7 compatibility mode. Am trying to install the latest version of iTunes but keep getting errors. I have uninstalled the version of iTunes that came with the machine (12.5.3.17) and have tried a fresh install. Do I use the process for Windows 7 or Windows 10?

:)

RandiFriedman, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Instlling iTunes under Windows 10 running in Windows 7 compaatible mode

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Instlling iTunes under Windows 10 running in Windows 7 compaatible mode

1. Instlling iTunes under Windows 10 running in Windows 7 compaatible mode - Similar Threads - Instlling iTunes under

2. how to update itunes on windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update itunes on windows 7?: how to updATE ITUNES in windows 7?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-itunes-on-windows-7/b271a0d7-dac0-4dca-892e-741291072e52
  3. how to update itunes on windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to update itunes on windows 7?: how to updATE ITUNES in windows 7?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-itunes-on-windows-7/b271a0d7-dac0-4dca-892e-741291072e52
  4. Internet Explorer 10 download and instlled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer 10 download and instlled: Internet Explorer 10 download & installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-10-download-and-instlled/eae18ff8-6544-4985-bc76-d7d17ef56bae
  5. Running iTunes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running iTunes on Windows 10: Running itues on Windows 10 has been flawless for years. Then, a series of issues: Computer doesn't recognize iPod, will not sync, iTunes won't let me edit some settings, etc. The iPods will charge fine, when plugged into USB, a folder opens. Identical problems on two...
  6. Itunes in Windows 10

Itunes in Windows 10: I downloaded the iTunes app from the Microsoft Store. The app will not automatically open when my iPhone is connected, even though the settings in iTunes should allow it. Has anyone else had this problem?...
  7. Application not working under Windows 10 (is working under Windows 7)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application not working under Windows 10 (is working under Windows 7): I use an application under both Windows 7 and Windows 10. The application can be started from a website (which uses Java WebStart - it uses a .JNLP file) or stand-alone. On Windows 7 both options are working, on Windows 10 only the stand-alone start is working. This is my...
  8. itunes on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    itunes on windows 10: I tried to upgrade my iTunes, It said to uninstall the old one first. when I did that it had an error and said to delete it manually. It wouldn't delete some of it and the I got a message saying if you don't delete in a certain order it will mess up. Now I can't uninstall...
  9. Windows 10 and iTunes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and iTunes: I have a large 22,000+ music library. I have just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my new pc has two hard drives, all my music is on drive D. I changed the path on iTunes to the new location but although the tracks have appeared, most of them say that iTunes cannot...
  10. Make SnippingTool under Windows 10 work as under Windows 7

Make SnippingTool under Windows 10 work as under Windows 7: I've been using Windows Snipping Tool since Windows 7 to quickly capture screenshots of parts of the screen. But now on Windows 10 it doesn't work the same way. Say, when I click its icon, on Windows 7 the Snipping Tool would let me select the region to make a snapshot...