Windows 10: Insufficient Memory Space to do a Factory Reset

Discus and support Insufficient Memory Space to do a Factory Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop I have replaced and no longer use. I replaced it because it only came with a 32gb hard drive and about 20gb was already filled up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tomm0128, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Tomm0128 Win User

Insufficient Memory Space to do a Factory Reset

I have a laptop I have replaced and no longer use. I replaced it because it only came with a 32gb hard drive and about 20gb was already filled up with factory software that is essential to make the computer function.

I tried to reset to factory settings, and I got an error saying there is not enough memory... "Not enough memory"... to delete everything...

So, I deleted absolutely everything possible from the computer and was still met with the same error message. Somehow I actually LOST memory space by deleting programs and files and doing multiple disk cleanups.

I was finally able to get just enough space to try and do the factory reset and now I got an message saying it encountered a problem and can't reset. I looked into it, couldn't find anything, and somehow lost memory space again. There is absolutely nothing on the computer, and somehow there is still 24gb of the 27gb available full. Every time I delete something or do a cleanup and remove the temporary files created, the memory space gets smaller... I was a 22.3gb available when I started doing the cleanup.

I'm ready to just use this laptop as a coaster cause that's all it's good for at this point; can't use it for anything cause there's not enough space and can't wipe it to sell it cause there's not enough space.

:)

Tomm0128, Feb 12, 2020
  2. doccon71 Win User

Insufficient memory to reset to factory settings

Want to restore to factory settings in Windows 10 but it keeps telling me there is insufficient space on the C drive and I need to delete things - have deleted everything I can! Still need another 1.5GB. The temporary files say there is 4GB there but when
    I click on them there is only a few MB there to delete. Have cleaned the hard drive and deleted every app on the list given to me in the "add or remove programs" section of settings. There are no documents / photos / videos etc. What can I do?! Any help appreciated.
    I've probably deleted "Apps" that were vital to this computer working!

doccon71, Feb 12, 2020
  3. doccon71 Win User
    Insufficient memory to reset to factory settings

Thanks for your advice

Tried your other strategies link but it appears to lead to an "error" page.

Tried your last option as you said this was the best install - ufortunately it starts with installing the media creation tool and unfortunately I need another 8GB of memory to do this! More than I need to do the factory reset. So sadly this won't work either

How can I get rid of these temporary files (taking up nearly 4GB of space) that I just cant seem to access. It seems to suggest it is due to a pending updates and preview builds

doccon71, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Insufficient Memory Space to do a Factory Reset

insufficient memory windows 10

I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Though the computer shows 14.6GB of free space, it says there is insufficient memory to download apps of 2GB. Suggestions?

AdamPurdum, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Insufficient Memory Space to do a Factory Reset

1. Insufficient Memory Space to do a Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Insufficient Memory Space

2. Insufficient Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Memory Problem: I run backups across my network to a dedicated PC. I use a simple batch file with xcopy and /e /y /d switches. One of my folders has now grown to be 769GB, with 36438 files and the program now crashes on an Insufficient Memory error. I checked the page file and found it to be...
  3. Insufficient Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insufficient Memory Problem: I run backups across my network to a dedicated PC. I use a simple batch file with xcopy and /e /y /d switches. One of my folders has now grown to be 769GB, with 36438 files and the program now crashes on an Insufficient Memory error. I checked the page file and found it to be...
  4. how to fix "insufficient memory or disc space...font"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix "insufficient memory or disc space...font": how to fix "insufficient memory or disc space...font" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-insufficient-memory-or-disc-spacefont/c457351a-c040-41f6-802e-d88be3cadc82
  5. Insufficient memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insufficient memory: I am running an xcopy in a batch file from a folder on the c drive to a folder on an external hard drive. The program finds the correct drives, folders and files and starts the xcopy. This runs for a short while and then crashes with an "Insufficient Memory" error. The PC...
  6. insufficient memory

insufficient memory: I don`t have memory in the computer and the apps don´t work. How can i move some of the things that are occupying the memory on to a memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insufficient-memory/bc0fc3f9-943b-4484-88b8-d463486f176d
  7. Insufficient Memory

Insufficient Memory: I have 867 GB out of 915 GB free. Using Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. Installed Turbo Tax 2019 no problem and created two tax files. Now when I try to open either file, I get a message stating "Insufficient memory or resources to complete this operation..."...
  8. Insufficient Memory or disc space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Insufficient Memory or disc space: Hi - I continue to get the same printer error. Working in Windows 10, on a basic word document. I have an inkjet printer which is frequently fine printing until my computer comes up with this error "insufficient memory or disc space. Word cannot display the requested...
  9. Not enough space to do a factory reset?

Not enough space to do a factory reset?: I bought a laptop off of a friend and it still needed to be restored back to factory. Its an HP stream 14 . whe I try to restore it , I get a message saying not enough space. I went a deleted everything I possibly could including the old account manually. it needed updated...
  10. No Space For A Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Space For A Factory Reset: Hello, I need help! So i'm pretty sure I Have A Virus And Windows Defender Has Been Disabled... I Can't Find FREE Anti-virus For 1GB Storage (That Are FREE and not PRICE) So i tried to factory reset (Obviously It Didn't Work :( ) Here Are Some Details: Virus Takes Up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows insufficient memory space