Windows 10: Insufficient permissions

Discus and support Insufficient permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI I ]am having an issue with my computer. Whenever I try and move something on my desktop, save something, print to PDF or download I get an error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mango_71, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Mango_71 Win User

Insufficient permissions

HI

I ]am having an issue with my computer. Whenever I try and move something on my desktop, save something, print to PDF or download I get an error "insufficient permissions". I am the administrator and the only person to use my computer, but it asks for administrator permission. What and why is this happening? Can someone please assist me in fixing this...

Cheers

:)

Mango_71, Aug 13, 2019

2. I can't open pictures. Insufficient permission

To take ownership of a file or folder, follow these steps:

• Right click flash drive.
    • Click Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Click Edit tab.
    • Add (user name you want to assign).
    • Select Full permission. If issue still persist, change the ownership in the permission.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 13, 2019
  3. INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS error message on Windows 10

Original Title: raj

AFTER DOWNLOADING WINDOWS 10, IAM NOT ABLE TO OPEN THE FILE - I NEED TO JUST OPEN THE FILE AND NOT TO SAVE WHEN EARLIER IN WINDOWS 7 I WAS JUST ABLE TO DOWNLOAD AND OPEN.

ACTUALLY IT DIRECTLY WANTS TO SAVE THE FILE TO A PARTICULAR LOCATION - BUT AFTER SELECTING, IT JUST SHOWS AS INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS. ITS REALLY ANNOYING, WHERE IAM NOT ABLE TO DOWNLAD ANY FILE AND ALSO THE FILES WHICH ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED, THEY TOO ARE
    DIRECTLY GOING ON SAVING MODE, AND THEN IT SHOWS INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS.

PLEASE ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO.

I HAVE TRIED TO SAVE THE DOWNLOAD ON OTHER LOCATIONS TOO, BUT AGAIN IT SHOWS AS INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS.

rajeshkhanna_MS, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Insufficient permissions

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Insufficient permissions

1. Insufficient permissions - Similar Threads - Insufficient permissions

2. PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge: I need help with printing a PDF which opens albeit locked.Problem is printing; no error message; just information message as followsThe document could not be printed kindly use our help page to troubleshoot.If you continue to face this issue kindly reach out to adobe support...
  3. PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image? stopgap measure - use Edge: I need help with printing a PDF which opens albeit locked.Problem is printing; no error message; just information message as followsThe document could not be printed kindly use our help page to troubleshoot.If you continue to face this issue kindly reach out to adobe support...
  4. PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF print issue - Insufficient data for image?: I need help with printing a PDF which opens albeit locked.Problem is printing; no error message; just information message as followsThe document could not be printed kindly use our help page to troubleshoot.If you continue to face this issue kindly reach out to adobe support...
  5. Why am I getting an insufficient privileges to access Start Menu 10 directory on domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting an insufficient privileges to access Start Menu 10 directory on domain...: Good day,I'm trying to install an application on my Windows 11 workstation using an .msi file. On my machine my user is a member of the Administrator group. During the setup process I get the following error message:"The installer has insufficient privileges to access this...
  6. Why am I getting an insufficient privileges to access Start Menu 10 directory on domain...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting an insufficient privileges to access Start Menu 10 directory on domain...: Good day,I'm trying to install an application on my Windows 11 workstation using an .msi file. On my machine my user is a member of the Administrator group. During the setup process I get the following error message:"The installer has insufficient privileges to access this...
  7. Insufficient permissions issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insufficient permissions issue: Hi, I am having an issue with my computer. Whenever I try and move something on my desktop, save something, print to PDF or download I get an error "insufficient permissions". I am the administrator and the only person to use my computer, but it asks for administrator...
  8. INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS error message on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    INSUFFICIENT PERMISSIONS error message on Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Edition: I am the owner and sole user of this computer. I was unable to install Adobe Reader DC and 9.1. My User Account Control is set at lowest. My workaround was to add 'Everyone' with 'Full Control' to the 'Program Files (x86) Directory'. THIS IS...
  9. Insufficient permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Insufficient permissions: Recently Chrome stopped downloading files with a "Failed Insufficient permissions" message. I tried Firefox with the same result. I tried Opera and it worked... for a while, then it produced the same message. Same for Internet Explorer and Edge. I have run out of browsers and...
  10. UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...: I disabled UAC, so why am I STILL being denied access on MY machine?!??! What would it take to STOP being denied access on MY machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-disabled-why-am-i-still-receiving-you-need/46a162b2-5f3d-404c-affa-fb8fe0751141"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. insufficient permissions windows 10