Windows 10: insufficient system resources exist to complete the api

Discus and support insufficient system resources exist to complete the api in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is driving me nuts, just what is "insufficient system resources exist to complete the api"? My PC is an i7 with 16gb ramm, the mobo is Z97 OC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZippyDSMlee, Sep 20, 2018.

1. insufficient system resources exist to complete the api

This is driving me nuts, just what is "insufficient system resources exist to complete the api"? My PC is an i7 with 16gb ramm, the mobo is Z97 OC Formula(could it be intel usb 3.0 management?). It started up just after I put in the 5th USB hard drive, so I have 3 hubs for better power distribution, 5 USB 3.0 HDs plugged into a 7 port usb 3.0 hub and 5 devices (mouse, KB(logitechg19 with color lcd, and hub so it acts as 3 devices), hub with phone, xbox controller, and a small hub for random usb sticks)

Right now I can only have about 8-9 devices plugged in at once without an issue add another device and that device gives an api error, I unplug it and another device plug that one back in and it works fine, this is happening on all ports which leads me to think its a windows issue. Would a pcie USB 3.0 card help any? If the problem is specific to the motherboard then a USB card in theory should bypass that issue.

I've restarted, pulled all devices restarted, installed all devices one at a time nothing is work it almost feels like windose assigned the same hardware ID to a few devices and can only run one of those at a time.

I am at my witts end dealing with this.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Sep 20, 2018

2. Insufficient system resources exist to complete error

Old title: system resource

Hello Texmason,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Are you referring to the error message "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API" or "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"?

Is your User Profile relates to Microsoft account or Local account?

Follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main
      User Profile folder where the desired files or folders are located (such as Documents, Pictures, or Installation folder etc. ). You can open the properties of a particular folder by
      Right-clicking on it and select Properties from context menu.

• Go to the Security tab and click
      Advanced.

• Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click
      Ok. Reboot the PC and check if problems till occurs.

Do refer the
    which address the same issue and check if it helps. As the steps mentioned in the post will applies for Windows 10 too.

Note: Steps mentioned in the referred post indicates you to modify the registry values. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 20, 2018
  3. richtz Win User
    This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. windows 10

Working on computer today, windows 10, mouse and keyboard stopped working out of the blue. tried to remove and re-install drivers and get the following message. Any suggestions? This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to
    complete the API

richtz, Sep 20, 2018
  4. texmason Win User

insufficient system resources exist to complete the api

Insufficient system resources exist to complete error

i get Insufficient system resources exist to complete in windows 10 when trying to open an installation folder

texmason, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

insufficient system resources exist to complete the api

1. insufficient system resources exist to complete the api - Similar Threads - insufficient system resources

2. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....: This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. with Nvidia Geforce Tesla K80.can I reallocate resources I remember doing this in Win 95?...
  3. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....: This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. with Nvidia Geforce Tesla K80.can I reallocate resources I remember doing this in Win 95?...
  4. What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?: My sound drive is not working . Only Showing this error.How to solve this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-insufficient-system-resources-exist-to/fcc5dca9-df41-42aa-866a-13030bd170ef
  5. What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?: My sound drive is not working . Only Showing this error.How to solve this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-insufficient-system-resources-exist-to/fcc5dca9-df41-42aa-866a-13030bd170ef
  6. What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?

7. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.: I'm having this problem with a MIDI keyboard Thomann DP-50. On my pc with windows 10 the error doesn't show up and it works fine. When I connected it to my windows 10 Laptop however, this error occurred. I now have a different laptop with windows 11 and the error is still...
  8. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.: I'm having this problem with a MIDI keyboard Thomann DP-50. On my pc with windows 10 the error doesn't show up and it works fine. When I connected it to my windows 10 Laptop however, this error occurred. I now have a different laptop with windows 11 and the error is still...
  9. STM32 ST Link - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

STM32 ST Link - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API: Hello everyone, I have a microcontroller based on the STM32 chip. When I plug it in my Lenovo L340 It recognizes "USB Composite Device" but shows error code 10 "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API". When I connect it on my PC, everything works fine. I...
  10. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API: I am trying to get my DJ Controllers Behringer CMD Studio 2a and Hercules DJ Control mp3 e2 LE to work on my notebook HP Pavilion 15-ec0140ng, running Windows 10 x64 with latest updates with no luck. I did install the latest drivers and Windows obviously detects the device as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. insufficient system resources exist to complete the api com port limit