Windows 10: Integrated Bluetooth module stopped working

Discus and support Integrated Bluetooth module stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus A550VX that comes with built in Bluetooth functionality like most laptops. At some point yesterday, I lost all Bluetooth functionality,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toma David, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Integrated Bluetooth module stopped working

I have an Asus A550VX that comes with built in Bluetooth functionality like most laptops. At some point yesterday, I lost all Bluetooth functionality, which is inconvenient

I can not connect my headphones to bluetooth because it can not see them

The Adaptor Asus usb see the headphones and connect to them but laptop dont do anything

Integrated Bluetooth module stopped working 7c29a345-ce57-4277-81cb-1d8f3eeaf224?upload=true.png

:)

Toma David, Dec 15, 2018
  2. theSpirea Win User

Integrated Bluetooth module stopped working

see https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...th-module-stopped-working/m-p/6578635#M148605

I have a an HP Spectre x360 that comes with built in Bluetooth functionality like most laptops. At some point yesterday, I lost all Bluetooth functionality, which is inconvenient as I have only 1 standard USB port and now
    have to use it solely for a mouse. The symptoms are as follows:

- The "Bluetooth and Other Devices" window in Settings cannot detect or even begin a search for Bluetooth devices.

- The Bluetooth Troubleshooter returns that the device does not have Bluetooth capability, which is obviously not the case.

- In Device Manager, I need to select View -> Show Hidden Devices to even see the Bluetooth Drivers and the Bluetooth Network Adapters. They are greyed out and display "Currently, this hardware device is not connected
    to the computer. (Code 45)"
    in the status window.

- In Device Manager, Under USB controllers, there is an "Unknown USB Device (Device Desriptor Request Failed)."

- The Network Adapter troubleshooter returns nothing, and the Hardware Troubleshooter finds the Unknown USB Error.

The issue persists after reinstalling the OS. All Windows and HP Updates (Both Recommended and Critical) (Including BIOS) have been installed. I have reinstalled all pertinent Drivers in the Device Manager. In addition, I
    have set all local services regarding Bluetooth and USB to start automatically on startup and rebooted, to no avail.

theSpirea, Dec 15, 2018
  3. BCOL49 Win User
    Bluetooth Module stops Code 43 after reboot

Bluetooth Module 10.0.1.1 (2015-06-27) provided by Qualcomm Atheros Communications stops working with Code 43 on my ASUS Eee Slate EP121 after a system boot or restart from hibernate.

If in Device Manager I uninstall the driver module (checking Delete the driver software for this device), and then from the Action drop down select Scan for hardware changes, after a few seconds the drivers module is reinstalled and Bluetooth is active and
    working fine.

If my EP121 is shutdown or put into either hibernate or sleep mode, on subsequent startup after about 30 seconds the Bluetooth Module stops because the device has reported problems (Code 43).

This appears to be a driver initialization issue. As I indicated it works fine if I uninstall the driver and then reinstall it again. It just seems to mess up when starting once it is already installed.

Any suggestions to fix would be appreciated.

Cheers

Bill

BCOL49, Dec 15, 2018
  4. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Integrated Bluetooth module stopped working - Similar Threads - Integrated Bluetooth module

2. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  3. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  4. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: Hi, so I've had my lenovo laptop running windows 10 for years now, has never let me down. However, I've noticed in the past few months that my bluetooth would randomly disconnect on occasion and the only way I could fix it was by restarting my laptop. Now its disconnected...
  5. Bluetooth module error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth module error: bluetooth generic adapter Windows has stopped this device because it reported a problem. Code 43 [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-module-error/dffb7548-1f85-4114-8e48-faced7f5fb54
  6. Bluetooth stopped working

Bluetooth stopped working: So recently I've been having a ton of trouble with Bluetooth for some reason, having constant interruptions and frequently having to run the troubleshooter just to be able to connect my Xbox One Wireless controller. While this has been frustrating, it's something I was okay...
  7. Bluetooth Stopped Working

Bluetooth Stopped Working: hi, my Bluetooth was not working. laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Suddenly few months ago my Bluetooth started working and used it to connect my headphones and devices but suddenly after using it for 2-3 weeks it again stopped working. when I go to Bluetooth settings there...
  8. Bluetooth Module Problem

Bluetooth Module Problem: My PC : ACER Travelmate P253 : Windows 10 pro 64bit ver. 1909 I cannot access the 'Bluetooth Settings' option in Control Panel - clicking on the Icon does nothing.... The Bluetooth option does not appear in the Action Centre window. Bluetooth has worked on this laptop some...
  9. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth stopped working: Bluetooth adapter is turned on, my PC detects it but the Bluetooth is not working. What’s the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stopped-working/71b8bb27-e8a9-48e9-aa75-1fcd3747fab2
  10. Integrated mouse and keyboard stopped working

Integrated mouse and keyboard stopped working: My computer is a 4 year old Dell inspiration 15 3000 series laptop. I've been very careful with it: It's never been dropped, had any water damage, and I don't leave it on for long periods of time. It's stable; it doesn't typically crash. This afternoon the screen went black...