Windows 10: Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo

Discus and support Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This happened last year, after a Windows update and after hours of struggling, I was able to fix it with a Windows update. Noticed the same problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LorraineJoubert, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo

This happened last year, after a Windows update and after hours of struggling, I was able to fix it with a Windows update.

Noticed the same problem last week. Camera goes on can see the light next to the camera, but apps camera, teams, zoom shows no image.

I uninstalled the camera and rebooted the laptop Lenovo. I updated the driver latest driver installed, but downloaded and re-installed the driver. This did not solve the problem.

Searched for and installed Windows Update - solved problem. Until yesterday - again no camera. Repeated previous process, but there is no Windows Update. This is no longer funny. The only solutions I could find on Google, is the steps I took above.

I allowed Norton to give access to everything that asks to access my camera except Chrome

Windows security settings allow zoom, teams and camera to access the camera.

I closed Teams while being on Zoom. Zoom closes when done with meeting.

This does not seem to be a Lenovo problem but a Windows issue.

Please help. As we are in Lockdown, I am working from home.

:)

LorraineJoubert, Mar 31, 2020

2. Problem with Lenovo integrated camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to driver corruption issue. Kindly follow the below given steps to
    troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 31, 2020
  3. archy628 Win User
    Integrated camera for Lenovo Thinkpad suddenly stopped working

Hi - I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with Windows 10. The computer has an integrated webcam which recently and mysteriously stopped working. I've looked at all the forums and questions online and I can't figure out how to get this to start working again.

The webcam was working fine the other day in the middle of a Skype call, then it turned off on its own. I turned it back on, it stayed on for 10-20 seconds, this happened 3-4 times, until it turned off and the option to turn the camera feed back on through
    Skype disappeared. Other apps (Facebook Video Call, the Windows Camera App) didn't work either and said that the camera couldn't be found.

Here's what I've tried:

- Went to Settings > Privacy > Camera and made sure the "Let Apps Use My Camera" setting was turned on (it was).

- Used the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, which suggested I restart (obviously didn't work)

- Downloaded and installed the Integrated Camera Driver from the Lenovo website for the T450s (Integrated Camera Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad T450, T450s - DE), then restarted

- Went to the Device Manager to try and uninstall/reinstall the driver; tried to look for Integrated Camera under Imaging Devices but Imaging Devices wasn't there. Went to View > turned on "Show hidden devices." Imaging Devices showed up, and under it was
    the Integrated Camera but it was greyed out. Right click > Uninstall, restart computer, went back to Device Manager but this time the Integrated Camera was gone even when "Show hidden devices" was turned on. Tried to re-install the driver from the Lenovo Website
    again, but this time once the files were extracted and the actual installation was about to start, I got an error message that said "Warning: No Appropriate Driver to be installed."

I got nothing at this point. Can anyone help? This was an expensive computer and Lenovo is a reputable brand - I at least expect their webcam to work. My only other thought is that somehow the camera's wiring got disconnected inside the frame?

archy628, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo

integrated camera not working Windows 10 Lenovo

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad and recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. My integrated Camera is not working. I have checked the drivers and they are all updated + the device manager says the camera is working. I have selected "allow camera to work with all
    apps" so it isn't that either. Anyone have a solution for this? I am baffled. Thank you

saythaimassage, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo

1. Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo - Similar Threads - Integrated Camera does

2. integrated camera does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated camera does not work: My integrated camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera-does-not-work/ccf7418f-9d5f-47f3-bc54-883e38999b7e
  3. integrated camera does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    integrated camera does not work: My integrated camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera-does-not-work/ccf7418f-9d5f-47f3-bc54-883e38999b7e
  4. Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11: Both my husband and I have Lenovo laptops S340-15IIL Touch Laptop ideapad - Type 81WW and IdeaPad 5i and after the latest windows update our integrated cameras do not work in any apps or programs. We have tried all the troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers,...
  5. Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11

Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11: Both my husband and I have Lenovo laptops S340-15IIL Touch Laptop ideapad - Type 81WW and IdeaPad 5i and after the latest windows update our integrated cameras do not work in any apps or programs. We have tried all the troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers,...
  6. Integrated Camera at Lenovo x240 with W10 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Camera at Lenovo x240 with W10 does not work: All the sofware is on date. Drivers are on date. Device manager says working and actualizedCam is allowed to be used.But 0xA00F4271 MediaCaptuerdEvent 0x800706BE is happening....
  7. Integrated Camera at Lenovo x240 with W10 does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated Camera at Lenovo x240 with W10 does not work: All the sofware is on date. Drivers are on date. Device manager says working and actualizedCam is allowed to be used.But 0xA00F4271 MediaCaptuerdEvent 0x800706BE is happening....
  8. Integrated Camera at Lenovo x240 with W10 does not work

9. My Lenovo Laptop's Integrated Camera is not working

My Lenovo Laptop's Integrated Camera is not working: For all apps, including the laptop's basic camera app, a grey screen with a "No Camera" icon is displayed in place of the video feed. The light next to the camera still illuminates when I attempt to use my camera, but nothing can be seen on my screen or other persons' screens...
  10. Integrated Camera does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Camera does not work: The integrated camera on my Lenovo is no longer working on my system Windows 10. I have checked for updates, etc. I have also checked the permissions at my settings - they are all "ON". I have to use a USB Webcam which is inconvenient as I have ZOOM meetings in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo camera no appropriate driver to be installed