Windows 10: Integrated camera doesn't work on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop

Discus and support Integrated camera doesn't work on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A W10 update disaster resulted in a professional rebuild. Since then I have recently noticed that my intergrated camera does not work with Skype, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Geoff Sh, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Geoff Sh Win User

Integrated camera doesn't work on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop

A W10 update disaster resulted in a professional rebuild. Since then I have recently noticed that my intergrated camera does not work with Skype, or indeed anything else. W10 settings confirm it is On and that various apps including Skype have access to it. But Skype simply reports no device found. I have a Lenovo Yoga 510 laptop.

:)

Geoff Sh, Apr 16, 2019
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 16, 2019
  3. integrated camera not working Windows 10 Lenovo

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad and recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. My integrated Camera is not working. I have checked the drivers and they are all updated + the device manager says the camera is working. I have selected "allow camera to work with all
    apps" so it isn't that either. Anyone have a solution for this? I am baffled. Thank you

saythaimassage, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Integrated camera doesn't work on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop

integrated laptop camera not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that laptop camera is not working.

This could be due to hardware conflicts.

Do you get any error code or error messages?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to install/update the drivers for integrated webcam from the device manager. Kindly refer the below given link to do so:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode
    and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Integrated camera doesn't work on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop

1. Integrated camera doesn't work on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - Integrated camera doesn't

2. Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work: Hello,for some quite time my camera doesn't work. I already install new driver but it still isn't working properly. I work on Windows 11, 64 version. I have no idea what can be wrong....
  3. Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated camera in laptop doesn't work: Hello,for some quite time my camera doesn't work. I already install new driver but it still isn't working properly. I work on Windows 11, 64 version. I have no idea what can be wrong....
  4. My integrated camera isn't working on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My integrated camera isn't working on my windows 10 laptop: It wont show up in my device manager at all, I tried resetting it, and it's permissions. Then I tried looking in the hidden devices, and even manually installing it, but it won't show up. It was working fine previously, so what can I do?...
  5. My integrated camera isn't working on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My integrated camera isn't working on my windows 10 laptop: It wont show up in my device manager at all, I tried resetting it, and it's permissions. Then I tried looking in the hidden devices, and even manually installing it, but it won't show up. It was working fine previously, so what can I do?...
  6. Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11: Both my husband and I have Lenovo laptops S340-15IIL Touch Laptop ideapad - Type 81WW and IdeaPad 5i and after the latest windows update our integrated cameras do not work in any apps or programs. We have tried all the troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers,...
  7. Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11

Lenovo Integrated Camera Not Working with Windows 11: Both my husband and I have Lenovo laptops S340-15IIL Touch Laptop ideapad - Type 81WW and IdeaPad 5i and after the latest windows update our integrated cameras do not work in any apps or programs. We have tried all the troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers,...
  8. My Lenovo Laptop's Integrated Camera is not working

My Lenovo Laptop's Integrated Camera is not working: For all apps, including the laptop's basic camera app, a grey screen with a "No Camera" icon is displayed in place of the video feed. The light next to the camera still illuminates when I attempt to use my camera, but nothing can be seen on my screen or other persons' screens...
  9. Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo

Integrated Camera does not work Lenovo: This happened last year, after a Windows update and after hours of struggling, I was able to fix it with a Windows update. Noticed the same problem last week. Camera goes on can see the light next to the camera, but apps camera, teams, zoom shows no image. I uninstalled...
  10. my laptop integrated camera is not working

my laptop integrated camera is not working: I have brought a new laptop recently ,everything worked fine but few days ago the camera stopped working, there is a camera symbol with / over it. there isn't any error message when opened . I tried updating the drivers ,uninstalling the drivers and re-installing it ,I also...