Windows 10: Integrated Camera not operational

Discus and support Integrated Camera not operational in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running the 64-bit Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E6430. This laptop has an integrated webcam and microphone. This webcam and mic has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jack_hectic, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Integrated Camera not operational

Hello,

I'm running the 64-bit Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E6430. This laptop has an integrated webcam and microphone. This webcam and mic has never worked properly, and recently my USB webcam broke beyond repair.

I don't have money for a new webcam of software.

I need a fix that utilizes the tools I have at my disposal and any free software from Microsoft, Dell, or a third party.

Because really, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY TO MAKE SOMETHING I ALREADY OWN FUNCTION THE WAY IT IS INTENDED.

This kind of thing makes me furious.

THINGS I'VE TRIED:

Searching around in "Device Manager" - Had to enable "Show hidden devices" and something shows up under "Imaging Devices." It's "QuickCam for Notebooks Pro." -.- that's my old webcam, the broken one. It features a (Code 45), for device not connected.

Checking every driver I can possibly think of and updating them. Nothing.

SupportAssist - Went to troubleshooting, and troubleshooting specific devices, and there is no camera there.

Downloading, unzipping, and installing "Dell Webcam Center" - AHA! Now my computer actually recognizes that it does indeed have an integrated webcam! hooray! It's there in "Device Manager," after "Show hidden devices," there's a "Cameras" tab now and an "Integrated Webcam" under that. Was that there before? Not sure, but it seems like progress-

(Code 45), not connected... >.< I CAN SEE IT! IT'S RIGHT THERE! IT'S BUILT IN TO THE MACHINE! HOW IS IT NOT CONNECTED WHEN IT'S BUILT INTO THE MACHINE!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-

Well at least SupportAssist now recognizes that is has a Mic. But all the buttons are greyed out on the interactive test, and a prompt came up before reminding me to make sure my microphone is connected. You know, the microphone built into the laptop.

I guess Windows10 is like a toddler running around a server room feverishly unplugging things for fun. That's about the general impression I get from this operating system. Windows 10, I've only used you for a little over a month, but our time together has been pushing me to Linux harder than any other experience in my life.

Boy I hope this subreddit isn't just a place for Windows 10 worship. Here I come in with "Your God is a lie and nothing will save you!" I guess every church needs a doubting Thomas.

Help make me a true believer! Integrated Camera not operational ;) Good Luuuuck...

submitted by /u/jack_hectic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jack_hectic, Jan 29, 2021

2. Problem with Lenovo integrated camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to driver corruption issue. Kindly follow the below given steps to
    troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Integrated Camera does not display color

Hi KBrownUNF, thank you for reaching out to us. My name is Jayson, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community and a user just like you. I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you have issue with your integrated laptop camera in greyscale. Might I suggest that you check this link, it is having a different issue with yours but the procedure to fix is just the same. I suggest you follow the steps listed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also if this is the first time that you are using the webcam, can you check maybe there is a sticker/plastic in front of the camera.

Let me know if this works and I'll be happy to help you to fix this.

JaysonEstimos, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Integrated Camera not operational

integrated laptop camera not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that laptop camera is not working.

This could be due to hardware conflicts.

Do you get any error code or error messages?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to install/update the drivers for integrated webcam from the device manager. Kindly refer the below given link to do so:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode
    and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Integrated Camera not operational

1. Integrated Camera not operational - Similar Threads - Integrated Camera operational

2. Camera operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera operation: When I turn on my camera app I just get a black background which does not allow me to take a photograph. I am using Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-operation/741a7bd2-060d-48c3-b0ff-455f9340a2da
  3. Camera operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera operation: When I turn on my camera app I just get a black background which does not allow me to take a photograph. I am using Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-operation/741a7bd2-060d-48c3-b0ff-455f9340a2da
  4. integrated camera drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated camera drivers: How to install webcam on windows 8.1 pro driver not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera-drivers/93476228-d723-4a87-b277-312468bea7f9
  5. Camera not operating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not operating: I used my camera yesterday and today for Zoom and Microsoft Classroom meetings and it worked fine. Tonight I signed into a Zoom meeting and the camera would not work WHEN IT WAS TURNED ON! When I turned it off, the familiar icon appeared of the camera with a red line...
  6. Integrated camera

Integrated camera: I am trying to use ZOOM latest version the integrated camera does not show up in my window. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera/9b4cb072-a16d-43e0-82a3-9ed1bb3039dc
  7. Integrated Camera <MediaCaptureFailedEvent>

Integrated Camera <MediaCaptureFailedEvent>: I am facing an issue while using my laptop's camera. I have recently bought a new laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad S540. Initially the camera was working perfect. Then the issue started with the below message. Error Code: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptireFailedEvent>0x8007001F Apart from...
  8. integrated webcam not operating

integrated webcam not operating: Integrated webcam on Dell Inspiron 15R isn't operating and Device Manager cannot find it. How do I re-install it, get it to work? Can't to any teleworking!!!!!!...
  9. integrated webcam not operating

integrated webcam not operating: How do I reinstall my integrated webcam? Device manager cannot find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-not-operating/94d35de5-92e1-4d62-98f0-8b45938524ff
  10. Camera is not operational

Camera is not operational: The Windows store says the Camera is installed. on launching Camera App gives the error code 0X00F4244 the Camera is not installed. I can find no conflicts in device manager. Device manager does not show the camera s installed. I followed the steps posted to repair this. None...