Windows 10: Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done

Discus and support Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the GPU plugged in, and it's showing up in task manager. Going to Nvidia Control Panel like everyone said to, the button to select default GPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Loopa Moopa, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done

I have the GPU plugged in, and it's showing up in task manager. Going to Nvidia Control Panel like everyone said to, the button to select default GPU is not an option. I have restarted my pc, and gone into display settings and set it to high performance, but it won't work. I just updated my computer, and it was working before but suddenly its not being used. I also recently very carefully moved my pc a couple feet so I had to unplug the power source, but that shouldn't affect it. The GPUs light is on, but fans not spinning I have a RTX 3070 ti and it's plugged into my power source and moth

:)

Loopa Moopa, Jul 18, 2022
  2. JulianKik Win User

Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, Jul 18, 2022
  3. StelPhra Win User
    GPU promblem

I cant use my dedicated GPU I already did some steps for it to work but the utilization stays at zero and the integrated GPU is the one I'm using rn, sorry me has bad grammar

StelPhra, Jul 18, 2022
  4. Bardocc Win User

Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done

How to use dedicated GPU for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

Hello,

I have an issue with the game. It always uses the integrated GPU which is a Intel HD Graphics 630 instead of my dedicated GPU which is a GTX 1050.

How can i set my dedicated GPU as default whenever i launch Minecraft ?

Bardocc, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done

1. Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done - Similar Threads - Integrated GPU being

2. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  3. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  5. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  6. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used over Dedicated GPU despite everything I've done: I have the GPU plugged in, and it's showing up in task manager. Going to Nvidia Control Panel like everyone said to, the button to select default GPU is not an option. I have restarted my pc, and gone into display settings and set it to high performance, but it won't work. I...
  8. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  9. Cant use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use dedicated gpu: Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this [ATTACH] I had no clue what to do so I tied...
  10. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query: Hi, I recently started playing a bit of online poker (Governor of poker 3) via firefox quantum browser and I notice it makes my laptop fan whir up a lot which I thought was strange as I have a fairly high spec machine and the game seems fairly basic. I have an i7 quad core...