Windows 10: Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype

Discus and support Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey y'all, Yesterday I went ahead and installed Skype onto my laptop so that I could talk to some relatives of mine. Well, after the call disconnected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Erikpetro, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Erikpetro Win User

Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype

Hey y'all,

Yesterday I went ahead and installed Skype onto my laptop so that I could talk to some relatives of mine. Well, after the call disconnected because of my bad Wifi, I used another PC that has an ethernet connection. I had left my laptop to idle, and when I came back to it, I noticed that the speakers were no longer working. I can put the volume up and down, but nothing happens.

I then tried my wired headphones, those work on this laptop, even my bluetooth speakers work just fine, its only the integrated speakers that dont.

After updating everything I could, the speakers still don't work. I tried reinstalling the drivers, that didnt fix it. I am now severly frustrated, but also curious, as I do recall seeing a post on here from a year or so ago, where another person had the exact same issue.

I dont know if skype actually caused this, or if it was windows 10, but either way I'd like to fix it.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Erikpetro, Sep 24, 2020
  2. iamjim Win User

Speaker is muted in Skype

I just checked. It's turned on for Skype.

Since I posted I find the speaker also doesn't work in Premiere Elements but this program is not on the list.

iamjim, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Integrated Skype app Error 0xA2000008

MY first and only suggestion is that you actually take a little time to read and understand the question before jumping in with a useless response.

THIS IS THE INTEGRATED SKYPE VIDEO + MESSAGE APPLICATION.

There is no known way to uninstall SKYPE VIDEO + MESSAGE application as it is INTEGRATED

anonymous-two, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype

1. Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype - Similar Threads - Integrated Laptop Speakers

2. Are my speakers broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my speakers broken: How do I fix my speakers they are popping and crackle please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-my-speakers-broken/6326b53d-2e5f-4218-81e8-b3293def55fd
  3. Are my speakers broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are my speakers broken: How do I fix my speakers they are popping and crackle please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-my-speakers-broken/6326b53d-2e5f-4218-81e8-b3293def55fd
  4. Speaker is muted in Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  5. Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?

in Cortana
    Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?: I had Skype connected to Cortana through linked accounts until 2 weeks ago. Now it is not working anymore. The issue I have is that when I click on Skype and try to add it I get an error and when I have asked different support people they say skype calling using Cortana is no...
  6. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype: I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please....
  7. OneDrive is now integrated with Skype

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive is now integrated with Skype: Skype users can now share links to files and folders they want to collaborate on in a chat using the OneDrive extension for Skype. Available in all markets, languages, and platforms except Mac and Linux, the latest version of Skype now also supports OneDrive—enabling you to...
  8. Internal speakers not found after using bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal speakers not found after using bluetooth speakers: I listened to bluetooth speakers and after i turned them off, Lenover laptop does not detect speakers. i checked the drivers and removed the bluetooth spaeaker in bluetooth settings, restarted. still no speakers found....
  9. Toshiba integrated webcam - camera app error and skype says in use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba integrated webcam - camera app error and skype says in use: Good morning all, My spare laptop, a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5285 , which is on the latest build of WI win 10. I had finally decided to try out skype, because of the people integration, and setup my wife and daughter on this system, it was actually beneficial as now she...
  10. Skype integration for Slack now available for preview

in Windows 10 News
    Skype integration for Slack now available for preview: At Skype, we are committed to breaking down communication barriers and getting the world talking. This is why we make Skype available on multiple platforms and continue to explore more ways to help you stay connected. Today we’re releasing a preview version of Skype...