Windows 10: Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

Discus and support Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. My laptop webcam used to work perfectly. But I swap hard-drives i use it on 2 different PC's because I keep my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IbrahimPlays, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. My laptop webcam used to work perfectly. But I swap hard-drives i use it on 2 different PC's because I keep my personal data on it. The hard-drive has Windows 10 installed and is working. I open the camera app and the webcam shows up and works, I go to google chrome Desktop App and on webcamtest and it works there too. But when I open Zoom, the webcam light turns on but shows a black screen. The privacy settings are all turned on, camera work fine, drivers are updated but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do I've tried everything. I told about the hard-drive because it could be a problem too. Any solution to this?

:)

IbrahimPlays, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Saxhen Win User

Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows
    apps. Skype also says "Some other app is using the webcam currently" or something like that. Yet no other app/site was using it at the time of the error.

The drivers are up to date, both apps have permission to use the camera and mic... Kinda weird, can't seem to find a solution for this.

Saxhen, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

Asus X550JK with Windows 10, issues with any webcam.

Hello, I have an issue with my laptop. Using any type of webcam (the laptop integrated webcam or other USB webcams) my laptop recognizes them, as they are visible both in Device Manager and in Skype's list of devices. Nevertheless both Skype, Camera, Teams
    or any other conference app show a black screen and nothing else.

Since the webcams I tried work fine on other PCs, any idea on how I can solve this issue?

Thanks

gabri.casa, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

1. Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps - Similar Threads - Integrated Laptop Webcam

2. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  3. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  4. My webcam is showing black screen on browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My webcam is showing black screen on browsers: My camera application is working fine. I had the black screen problem on Zoom but I solved it by following "Zoom Settings -> Video -> Advanced, Setting Video Capturing Method to Media Foundation". I experienced no problem on Skype.However, it shows black screen on all...
  5. Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen: My Lenovo's integrated webcam is not working. When I launch the camera app, the camera light turns on but the image remains black, and when I close the camera app, the light remains on indefinitely. Because of this, I don't even know if the camera was truly "on" in the first...
  6. Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen

Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen: Hello, I recently bought a webcam Logitech C615 for my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and the audio/sound works. However, it only shows a black screen on any application camera, Discord, Logitech Camera settings, etc. I tried updating the drivers, uninstalling, rebooting, checking...
  7. Integrated webcam

Integrated webcam: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 500 series 2 in 1 and am no computer geek. I have a recurring integrated camera issue where I manage to fix it but then a day or two later it reoccurs. It starts with code 0xA00F4244 showing on the camera app with either the camera not showing in...
  8. integrated webcam

integrated webcam: I have an HP 15 ac 103na laptop. When I try to open camera or virtual webcam I am told it cannot We can't find hour camera. Have tried for three days now everything correct re apps. Any help appreciated....
  9. Black screen in webcam

Black screen in webcam: Good day! I am the owner of a laptop MSI GL73 8RC. There are no problems, for lack of one, in the built-in Windows applications, like Skype, the camera, instead of the image I get a black screen (although the indicator on the webcam lights up), and in the application the...
  10. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...