Windows 10: Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

Discus and support Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I recently started playing a bit of online poker (Governor of poker 3) via firefox quantum browser and I notice it makes my laptop fan whir up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ouroboros72, May 16, 2018.

1. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

Hi,

I recently started playing a bit of online poker (Governor of poker 3) via firefox quantum browser and I notice it makes my laptop fan whir up a lot which I thought was strange as I have a fairly high spec machine and the game seems fairly basic.

I have an i7 quad core processor with 16GB RAM.

Having Checked task manager I see it's the GPU which is mostly running at in excess of 80%, and its solely using the integrated intel GPU and not the dedicated nvidia GPU at all.

I wondered if it would be better if the dedicated graphics was being used and if so how to make firefox do that.

Or perhaps it's just normal.

Having googled around it seems that getting to the bottom of what your machine is doing by way of GPU usage and whether it's switching when appropriate is a bit of an enigma, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

ouroboros72, May 16, 2018

2. AMD DEDICATED MEMORY

MY pavilion notebook has integrated as well as dedicated graphics.

integrated intel hd 4400

dedicated amd radeon 8670m 2gb

..now the question is ,dedicated memory showing only 128 mb ie. integrated graphics....why not amd memory.

share system memory should be 1.7 gb and dedicated should be 2 gb ...i dont know what is wrong ..all drivers are installed correctly and uptodate.both gpu driver are ok.

total memory used to be arround 3.7 gb

Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query [​IMG]

stonehuntar, May 16, 2018
  3. pooltaxi1 Win User
    Windows 10 Won't use NVIDIA GPU, Uses Integrated Graphics Instead! (LAPTOP)

I have a similar (same) problem with my ASUS laptop.

My Laptop: ASUS F550L laptop

SPECS:

Windows: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500MQ CPU @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Integrated GPU: ?

DirectX Version: ?

I have tried the steps listed above but they did not resolve the problem.

I have attempted to download an updated driver but my driver was reported as 'up to date'.

What do I do now?

pooltaxi1, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query

1. Integrated vs Dedicated GPU Query - Similar Threads - Integrated Dedicated GPU

2. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  3. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  4. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  6. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop: My laptop is asus tuf A15 using ryzen 7 4800h and Nvdia 3050. It seems that if i connect my external display to the only hdmi available in the laptop it will connect to the integrated GPU and therefore the settings will be in the amd software only and wouldn't show in the...
  7. How to connect external display to the dedicated GPU instead of integrated GPU in laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  9. Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings

Integrated GPU being used instead of dedicated GPU regardless of settings: My applications won't properly use my dedicated graphics card. This has been an ongoing issue for a while, but I don't recall for how long. There's a similar thread of someone that has had the same issue but it didn't resolve anything for me. My computer specs are here in a...
  10. Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 treats dedicated GPU as the integrated one: Hello, I've a PC with an AMD A4-5000 APU and an integrated Radeon HD 8330 GPU plus a discrete Radeon HD 8600M GPU which I don't know if it's a 8630, 8670 or 8690. Now, when I install the drivers from AMD, both GPU drivers installs correctly, but for some reason Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo ideapad130 display not recognized