Windows 10: Integrated webcam is not working

Discus and support Integrated webcam is not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My integrated webcam is not working properly like it works for 5-10 minutes and then it shows camera not attached properly. I had reset the camera app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bishal37, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Integrated webcam is not working

My integrated webcam is not working properly like it works for 5-10 minutes and then it shows camera not attached properly. I had reset the camera app and updated the camera drivers too but still it doesn't work. I have an dell Vostro 3568. Please help!

submitted by /u/Bishal37
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bishal37, Oct 15, 2020

2. Integrated webcam not working

Hello,

0xA00F4244 error code may be caused by an antivirus software that's blocking the camera or it could be an outdated webcam driver. Follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Method 2: Check for an outdated webcam driver.

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select
      Properties
    • Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes
      stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
    • If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

Method 3: Roll back your webcam driver.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose
      Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
    • After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Method 4: Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall >
      Delete the driver software for this device
      , and then select OK.
    • In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select
      Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If your webcam still doesn’t work, try looking for help on the webcam manufacturer’s website.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Integrated Webcam on Gateway NVS10P07u not working in Windows 10

Hi Albert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the driver for webcam from the manufacturer website or by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Expand the driver for webcam.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Bob119M Win User

Integrated webcam is not working

My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,

My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager, is not operating onDell Inspiron R 53537. How do I reinstall Integrated Webcam?

Bob119M, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Integrated webcam is not working

1. Integrated webcam is not working - Similar Threads - Integrated webcam working

2. Integrated webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam not working: Hi, I'm trying to prepare Zoom for an interview tomorrow, and it turns out my laptop camera isn't working. I initially tested it on Zoom and saw that the camera wasn't responding to anything, i.e., there was no image. So I looked into Camera Settings and saw the related...
  3. Integrated webcam not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam not working: Hi, I'm trying to prepare Zoom for an interview tomorrow, and it turns out my laptop camera isn't working. I initially tested it on Zoom and saw that the camera wasn't responding to anything, i.e., there was no image. So I looked into Camera Settings and saw the related...
  4. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  5. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  6. Integrated Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Webcam not working: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 OS - Windows 10 No physical hardware damage on camera Windows update done Device Manager - Camera name shows "USB Boot" Webcam Drivers updated, uninstalled, reinstalled Dell supported all device...
  7. integrated webcam

integrated webcam: I have an HP 15 ac 103na laptop. When I try to open camera or virtual webcam I am told it cannot We can't find hour camera. Have tried for three days now everything correct re apps. Any help appreciated....
  8. Integrated webcam not working

Integrated webcam not working: Hi, Up until 2 weeks ago, the Webcam worked, all of a sudden, it is not I have followed all steps on the prior blogs, including uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager, with no luck Error message is as below [ATTACH] I would appreciate any assistance...
  9. Integrated Webcam Not Working

Integrated Webcam Not Working: Device USB\VID_0C45&PID_6705&MI_00\6&31b23481&0&0000 requires further installation. My Camera stopped working and I can not figure out what to do next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-not-working/0f077551-ec28-4085-a85f-14930ac4713f
  10. integrated webcam inconsistently working

integrated webcam inconsistently working: On my new laptop, my integrated webcam works for Google Hangouts but not for another online chat site. When I attempt to "check my equipment" with the site, the site recognizes my camera for a split second and then disconnects. Any ideas?...