Windows 10: Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just noticed that my Integrated Webcam is no longer showing up as a device in the Device Manager. According to MSI the GT70 used the default windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElleryWong, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update

I just noticed that my Integrated Webcam is no longer showing up as a device in the Device Manager. According to MSI the GT70 used the default windows WebCam drivers so there are no drivers I can download to reload it.

Attempted the following already with no improvements:

1. Scanning for Hardware changes yield nothing.

2. Nothing listed under imaging devices.

3. No Hardware Troubleshooter anymore.

4. Tried re-registering the Camera App via Powershell (Admin)

Will be uninstalling every update at this point.

:)

ElleryWong, Apr 10, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Integrated webcam listed as hidden device in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop running Windows 10. A few days ago, the built-in webcam stopped working completely. Programs like Skype, OBS, and TestWebCam all fail to detect it.

Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update 7qmHc.png

At first, the camera appeared to be missing from Device Manager. However, after selecting View → Show hidden devices, I found my Integrated Webcam listed under Imaging Devices.

Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update 9GAW2.png

I have tried all the steps from Dell's official troubleshooting guide:

Steven M. Vascellaro, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Hicsy Win User

Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update

Integrated webcam listed as hidden device in Device Manager

First thing: Check BIOS

F12 on boot... System Configuration > Miscellaneous Devices > Enable Camera.

I have 35 of the the 13" ones. The commenters are correct that it is not normal for it to disable in device manager.
    I just got powershell to sweep the office DELL's:

• 15 listed the webcam as "imaging device".
    • 20 listed as "Integrated Webcam".
    • none disabled.

In fact, a quick visual shows that 4 users have a post-it stuck over it, so there maybe not be hardware/software key to disable it either... I usually re-format the DELLs to vanilla Windows 10 as soon as they hit my desk - all functions work... it will install as "Integrated Webcam" instead:

Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update YyOqR.png

You have done most of the right steps to check/resolve so far but I will re-iterate them here

1. Ensure winver is 1709
    There was an issue just before Windows 12-month anniversary update called "webcam-gate" that blocked many 3rd party webcams. This shouldn't affect you as you are using the generic imaging-device drivers... but it's a no brainer to do the latest Windows 10 update anyway. The Creator's Update (v1709) solves a few other issues with "Exclusive mode" (where 1 app takes control of a device and no others can see it) so ensure you are up-to-date first.

2. Dell's PC diagnostics on boot (F12)
    After the first set of tests (~7 minutes) you can say "no" to additional RAM tests... and then be presented with a results screen. It will indicate if Webcam was skipped or tested. please confirm.

3. Check events for that driver
    Back in Windows, open device manager
    Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update [​IMG]
    +x or right-click start and select "device manager"... double-click your device in question... choose tab "Events". You are looking for events where it started happening. Maybe a power event, or an insufficient resources clash. (you will need to scroll through a bunch of "device install requested" events from your recent tests.

4. (Software Option) eat fresh
    Uninstall it, (deleting the drivers) and try and get it to install usbvideo.inf_amd64_06d8dbf36a7321ac. This will make it pick up as a webcam, rather than imaging device. Failing that: Fresh install of Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. The only thing from DELL you probably need is the DELL Update tool - and maybe DELL Software Delivery, if you want it to put that bloatware back on there (There are better free options, DELL just gets paid to shovel that onto your PC, which in turn keeps your purchase cost down... that's the only reason it's there). You don't need help+support. That is just a re-badged version of software called "PC-Doctor" and it allegedly causes issues with some PC-Security vendors (can provide sources if asked).

4. (Hardware Option) Check connectivity as per comments
    This one takes a bit of guts, but it might be a fix (maybe you want to do software options first):

• Check USB Connector for Webcam

Before you start this - know that you WILL lose the magnets that help hold the lid closed. They are held in by hot-snot and will flick out easily. You can pop them back in loose, or just chuck them out.
    Flip over the PC undo the 10 screws on the backplate and pop it off, disconnect the battery and hold the power-button on the laptop to drain any residual electricity within. The internal USB ports are tiny. The webcam is top-right corner from memory. but just check those 2-3 ribbon cables are clipped in snug. The wide one is Video, the tiny one is webcam, and the medium one (~5mm wide) is the Windows button. If you have a touchscreen model I think it terminates there too.

• Pop open the screen.

See that ugly rubber seal running the edge of the screen? Stick a
    spudger (or plastic knife/wedge) between that and the plastic shell
    and pop it off carefully. Workshop manual says to un-bolt the 4
    hinge-anchors within the actual chassis first... but if you call them
    they say don't bother. just click that case off and check the cable
    running up to the webcam is still OK, and connected at both ends.

Hicsy, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update

1. Integrated Webcam No longer showing in Device Manager after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Integrated Webcam longer

2. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  3. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  4. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager

Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager: I have lost my BT capability on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Gaming mobo. The BT device no longer shows in DM. This is what I have tried: - reinstall drivers - flash different BIOS, i.e. revert to previous version - use rapr.exe to remove old BT drivers and reinstall - looked in...
  6. Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager

Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager: Hello, I was in a google meet when my webcam completely shut down and stopped working. I have an integrated webcam and have already looked at a fair amount of the similar threads to this to try and solve the issue but nothing has worked so far. I have a Samsung Notebook 5 and...
  7. Integrated Webcam Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated Webcam Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi, After updating my laptop to Windows 10, the integrated webcam had stopped working. I tried all the troubleshooting instructions I could find on google and youtube, such as checking the privacy setting and checking for driver update on device manager, but no success so...
  8. Webcam no longer in Device Manager/Not Found after latest Windows update

Webcam no longer in Device Manager/Not Found after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update, my internal webcam is no longer found on any video app and is no longer in Device Manager so I cannot access the driver. Error code 0xA00F4244 I have been finding this has been a very common problem with the latest update yet I have seen...
  9. My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,

My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,: My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager, is not operating onDell Inspiron R 53537. How do I reinstall Integrated Webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-integrated-webcam-is-not-listed-in-device/d9feb144-2ef4-4173-b395-bdccfd009366
  10. Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager: I have a Sager NP8275-S (Clevo P170SM) laptop running Windows 10 and the integrated webcam is not getting detected by the machine. I tried to look at the state of the drivers on device manager, but not only was the device not showing up in "Sound, video and game controllers",...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webcam hidden device manager

2. integrated webcam not shown in device manager

3. integrated webcam driver not reappearing device manager

4. integrated webcam is no longer listed in device manager,
  5. webcam no longer in device manager,
  6. camera always hidden in device manager,
  7. integrated webcam not displayed in device mnager and windows 10,
  8. webcam no longer showing in device manager,
  9. device manager for webcam,
  10. no integrated camera in device menager,
  11. integrated camera not listed on device,