Windows 10: Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen

Discus and support Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Lenovo's integrated webcam is not working. When I launch the camera app, the camera light turns on but the image remains black, and when I close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/winterstorm813, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen

My Lenovo's integrated webcam is not working. When I launch the camera app, the camera light turns on but the image remains black, and when I close the camera app, the light remains on indefinitely. Because of this, I don't even know if the camera was truly "on" in the first place. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how it can be fixed?

I've restarted my laptop multiple times already, uninstalled/reinstalled camera drivers, tried using other applications (Skype, Discord), used the F8 key to enable the camera, and turned off antivirus software. This issue has happened before, but the camera randomly worked again, so I didn't pay any mind to it, but it's happening again now. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

submitted by /u/winterstorm813
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/winterstorm813, Dec 8, 2020
  2. yucat Win User

Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen

Hello, I recently bought a webcam (Logitech C615) for my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and the audio/sound works. However, it only shows a black screen on any application (camera, Discord, Logitech Camera settings, etc.) I tried updating the drivers, uninstalling,
    rebooting, checking the camera privacy settings, and all but it doesn't change. I also heard the antivirus software might be the cause (mine is McAfee) but there doesn't seem to be anything. My integrated webcam works, but not this USB webcam. What are some
    steps I should take? Thank you!

Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen ed8d6170-e97a-4620-8589-26fb5cece4df?upload=true.jpg

yucat, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. My laptop webcam used to work perfectly. But I swap hard-drives (i use it on 2 different PC's) because I keep my personal data on it. The hard-drive has Windows 10 installed and is working. I open the camera app and
    the webcam shows up and works, I go to google chrome (Desktop App) and on webcamtest and it works there too. But when I open Zoom, the webcam light turns on but shows a black screen. The privacy settings are all turned on, camera work fine, drivers are updated
    but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do I've tried everything. (I told about the hard-drive because it could be a problem too). Any solution to this?

IbrahimPlays, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Flerovium Win User

Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen

Integrated webcam suddenly pixelated

Hello,

Recently I've been struggling using my integrated webcam on my Windows 10 laptop.

When booting up the laptop, the camera works as normal. However, if the camera is active as I tilt the laptop screen forwards or backwards, it becomes disabled for a second with error message <ActiveCameraUnplugged>. When the camera turns on again, it's
    highly pixelated and will not return to normal until I reboot.

Since this is fixed when rebooting, I suspect this is a software issue, but I haven't been able to fix it.

Device information

• Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop
    • Integrated webcam: Realtek DMFT - RGB

I have already tried the following

• Uninstall the integrated webcam driver (from device manager) and restart the machine
    • Ensuring Windows is updated
    • Ensuring Dell update is updated

Any help is appreciated!

Flerovium, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen

1. Integrated webcam "on" but shows black screen - Similar Threads - Integrated webcam shows

2. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  3. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  4. integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    integrated webcam: integrated webcam will not work after upgrading to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam/6169524e-044a-46c8-83ae-e34378f08f2f
  5. My webcam is showing black screen on browsers

My webcam is showing black screen on browsers: My camera application is working fine. I had the black screen problem on Zoom but I solved it by following "Zoom Settings -> Video -> Advanced, Setting Video Capturing Method to Media Foundation". I experienced no problem on Skype.However, it shows black screen on all...
  6. Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen

Webcam works on Dell laptop but shows a black screen: Hello, I recently bought a webcam Logitech C615 for my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and the audio/sound works. However, it only shows a black screen on any application camera, Discord, Logitech Camera settings, etc. I tried updating the drivers, uninstalling, rebooting, checking...
  7. Integrated webcam

Integrated webcam: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 500 series 2 in 1 and am no computer geek. I have a recurring integrated camera issue where I manage to fix it but then a day or two later it reoccurs. It starts with code 0xA00F4244 showing on the camera app with either the camera not showing in...
  8. Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps

Integrated Laptop Webcam Showing Black Screen In Apps: Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. My laptop webcam used to work perfectly. But I swap hard-drives i use it on 2 different PC's because I keep my personal data on it. The hard-drive has Windows 10 installed and is working. I open the camera app and the webcam shows up and...
  9. integrated webcam

integrated webcam: I have an HP 15 ac 103na laptop. When I try to open camera or virtual webcam I am told it cannot We can't find hour camera. Have tried for three days now everything correct re apps. Any help appreciated....
  10. Black screen in webcam

Black screen in webcam: Good day! I am the owner of a laptop MSI GL73 8RC. There are no problems, for lack of one, in the built-in Windows applications, like Skype, the camera, instead of the image I get a black screen (although the indicator on the webcam lights up), and in the application the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 dell integrated webcam black screen