Windows 10: Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update

Discus and support Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying for a solution for more than 2 years the best answer I could get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ganesh CDevulapalli, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update

I have been trying for a solution for more than 2 years the best answer I could get washttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-usbvid1bcfpid2c55mi0069e1e39c00000-requires/96fdd181-91a8-41bb-aa48-e909594a1cb8but in the response Chris does not specify which folder it is in Windows..or is he referring to Registry Entries?I believe ChrisSkinner has solved it , only if he could add an update specifically which folder he is referring to, is it in c:\Windows and the exact folder structure or within Registry?I have checked the privacy settings , USB webcam from my monitor works p

:)

Ganesh CDevulapalli, Sep 5, 2021
  2. RockArnie Win User

HP Integrated webcam not detected and unknown UBS device - Windows 10

Hello,

I have recently performed clean windows 10 reinstall on HP elitebook 840 G5. The integrated webcam was working post windows reinstall, however it stopped working soon after windows automatic updates, etc. I tried to reinstall the driver in device manager but the webcam icon was frozen, so I removed the device and restarted the device and the integrated webcam device did not reinstall and is no longer visible in device manager. However under UBS controllers, an 'unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)' is visible. I have tried to run all the troubleshoot options, however the webcam doesn't show anymore. I suppose these 2 things are linked? Would appreciate any suggestion to address this problem. Thanks!

RockArnie, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Integrated Webcam on Gateway NVS10P07u not working in Windows 10

Hi Albert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the driver for webcam from the manufacturer website or by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Expand the driver for webcam.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Flerovium Win User

Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update

Integrated webcam suddenly pixelated

Hello,

Recently I've been struggling using my integrated webcam on my Windows 10 laptop.

When booting up the laptop, the camera works as normal. However, if the camera is active as I tilt the laptop screen forwards or backwards, it becomes disabled for a second with error message <ActiveCameraUnplugged>. When the camera turns on again, it's
    highly pixelated and will not return to normal until I reboot.

Since this is fixed when rebooting, I suspect this is a software issue, but I haven't been able to fix it.

Device information

• Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop
    • Integrated webcam: Realtek DMFT - RGB

I have already tried the following

• Uninstall the integrated webcam driver (from device manager) and restart the machine
    • Ensuring Windows is updated
    • Ensuring Dell update is updated

Any help is appreciated!

Flerovium, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update

1. Integrated Webcam stops working after windows update - Similar Threads - Integrated Webcam stops

2. Integrated webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam not working: Hi, I'm trying to prepare Zoom for an interview tomorrow, and it turns out my laptop camera isn't working. I initially tested it on Zoom and saw that the camera wasn't responding to anything, i.e., there was no image. So I looked into Camera Settings and saw the related...
  3. Integrated webcam stopped working for almost no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam stopped working for almost no reason.: Hello,Long story short, I was playing a little bit with Unity the game engine trying to extract my webcam's data and send it to an homemade python server using a very simple protocol basically for each new frame, I get a PNG from the raw pixels of the webcam, I split them I...
  4. Integrated webcam stopped working for almost no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam stopped working for almost no reason.: Hello,Long story short, I was playing a little bit with Unity the game engine trying to extract my webcam's data and send it to an homemade python server using a very simple protocol basically for each new frame, I get a PNG from the raw pixels of the webcam, I split them I...
  5. Integrated Webcam not working after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Webcam not working after last Windows update: My webcam stopped working after the last Windows update. I have tried lots of things to fix it, but nothing seems to work. I have uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them. I have gone to my OEM website and downloaded drivers from there. Everything seems to be intact....
  6. Integrated webcam is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated webcam is not working: My integrated webcam is not working properly like it works for 5-10 minutes and then it shows camera not attached properly. I had reset the camera app and updated the camera drivers too but still it doesn't work. I have an dell Vostro 3568. Please help! submitted by...
  7. Integrated Webcam Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated Webcam Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi, After updating my laptop to Windows 10, the integrated webcam had stopped working. I tried all the troubleshooting instructions I could find on google and youtube, such as checking the privacy setting and checking for driver update on device manager, but no success so...
  8. Integrated Webcam not working

Integrated Webcam not working: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 OS - Windows 10 No physical hardware damage on camera Windows update done Device Manager - Camera name shows "USB Boot" Webcam Drivers updated, uninstalled, reinstalled Dell supported all device...
  9. Integrated webcam not working

Integrated webcam not working: Hi, Up until 2 weeks ago, the Webcam worked, all of a sudden, it is not I have followed all steps on the prior blogs, including uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager, with no luck Error message is as below [ATTACH] I would appreciate any assistance...
  10. Integrated Webcam Not Working

Integrated Webcam Not Working: Device USB\VID_0C45&PID_6705&MI_00\6&31b23481&0&0000 requires further installation. My Camera stopped working and I can not figure out what to do next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-not-working/0f077551-ec28-4085-a85f-14930ac4713f