Windows 10: Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

Discus and support Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As per the title: It's now 2021, videoconferencing is a reality of day to day life for many people, others do podcasting and videocasting. We've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CigarSurgeon, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

As per the title:

It's now 2021, videoconferencing is a reality of day to day life for many people, others do podcasting and videocasting. We've had an integrated mute speakers function in Windows for some time, and you can utilize this via multimedia keyboards or assign hotkey functionality to it.

The same function does not exist for microphones, and it's long past due. I don't want to install third party applications to bridge a functional gap in Windows.

Microsoft, please add this simple capability to Windows.

:)

CigarSurgeon, Jan 5, 2021
  2. tomseys Win User

Strange problem with a 2.1 speaker set and its mute function

I just tried the mute function on the soundsticks while showing my friend something on them and the speakers mute function is now working perfectly. I guess they must be sensitive to something that changed. Anyway, he's happy with it because it is a very fast way to put the sound off if necessary, even if it does involve a little reaching.

tomseys, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Cassie B Win User
    muting microphone

Same issue. Windows 10 mutes the microphone only for Google Hangouts.
    I found it muted when I go to Sounds and I unmute but still doesn't work.

Troubleshooted from the sound icon and the mute issue didn't even come up as an issue.

Searched on microphone in search and then troubleshooted it from there (the troubleshooting looked different from there) and it came up that the microphone had been muted and was fixed. And guess what? I could use my microphone again.

I have found it will just mute itself again for no reason that I can find out.

Cassie B, Jan 5, 2021
  4. mahahual Win User

Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function

1. Integrated Windows mute microphone function, similar to mute speakers function - Similar Threads - Integrated mute microphone

2. After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 20H2 special function key won't mute microphone: Hey, so I have Lenovo IdeaPad laptop and I had Win 1909 everything was working smoothly but Microsoft started pushing the 20H2 update so I was forced to install it. After installation my mic was not working at all I ran the troubleshooter and somehow my mic was muted and it...
  3. Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assign "Push-to-mute" function to a button/key?: Hi! I need to have a push-to-mute ability (not a toggle) for my microphone(s) that I would call from a mouse button. I know about Autohotkey so it could be part of the solution. But I can't find a software capable of muting during a keypress. I've only found programs...
  4. Microphone mute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mute: I have been trying to use my microphone for online meetings and it says my mic is muted in my setting I went to my settings and found that it was mutes and it wouldn't let me unmutes, when I click the icon to unmute it, it will not mute in control panel microphone properties...
  5. Muted Microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muted Microphone: My microphone is muted and I do not know how to unmute it. All of my drivers are updated, all of my security permissions are set that it can be accessed and my microphone is active. When I run Troubleshooter, it says my microphone is muted, but doesn't provide a reason...
  6. speakers muting

speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  7. Microphone muted

Microphone muted: Don't matter how many times I have restarted my computer, I have reset it also. I can not unmute the mic in the microphone settings. I have spent hours looking at ways to fix it but it doesn't seem like many others have had the same problem. I have sat here and clicked it a...
  8. Microphone Muted

Microphone Muted: I have a HP Envy all in one computer that is running Windows 10. My computer is updated to the latest version of Windows and I have gone to the HP support website to make sure I have the latest audio drivers for my computer. After the latest update to Windows 10 my...
  9. muting microphone

muting microphone: why does my microphone keep muting itself after every restart? [img] 4293
  10. Strange problem with a 2.1 speaker set and its mute function

Strange problem with a 2.1 speaker set and its mute function: Hi. I have an HP 15 laptop. The issue I'm having occured in windows 8.1 and now in windows 10 version 1511 build 10586.420 - same laptop. Issue: I have a new Harmon Kardon soundsticks 3 2.1 computer speaker set. This is connected into the headphone jack of laptop. The...