Windows 10: integrating existing drive into new computer

Discus and support integrating existing drive into new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just purchased a Lenovo T540 desktop gaming computer with Windows 10 operating system and equipped with a 500 Gig SSD. I've decided i wanted a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sjones29, Apr 6, 2020.

1. sjones29 Win User

integrating existing drive into new computer

I've just purchased a Lenovo T540 desktop gaming computer with Windows 10 operating system and equipped with a 500 Gig SSD. I've decided i wanted a bit more storage and so have installed a 1 TB hard drive taken from my old computer. the problem is the old computer ran on windows 7. I have tried to reformat the drive in the new machine but it remains a WIN 7 drive. how can i clear the decks and start fresh?

:)

sjones29, Apr 6, 2020
  2. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft announces 100% integration of Office.com and Microsoft Forms

Source: Start Forms journey from office.com - Microsoft Tech Community - 369912

Brink, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft announces 100% integration of Office.com and Microsoft Forms Office

Source: Start Forms journey from office.com - Microsoft Tech Community - 369912

Brink, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. integrating existing drive into new computer - Similar Threads - integrating existing drive

2. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  3. Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old user still exists on C drive, new user does not exist on C drive but still exists...: I recently turned in my laptop for repair after I got a blue screen error. The error led to the laptop not being able to boot since no boot service was being detected. The repair comments state that Windows was restored to original factory settings. I set up the laptop and...
  4. Using existing Microsoft Account on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using existing Microsoft Account on new computer: I just got a new laptop and when I was setting it up it gave me the option to use my existing Microsoft account and said it would transfer my files. But now that I have the new laptop going my old one shut down and will not reboot so I can finish getting information on of it....
  5. Folders that exist on hard drive of old computer but are missing on new computer using an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders that exist on hard drive of old computer but are missing on new computer using an...: My desk top computer, which is running Windows 8.1, began to act up - it would freeze, shut off by itself etc so I bought a new desk top computer now running Windows 10 - I removed my hard drive and installed it in an enclosure to plug in the new computer - the new enclosure...
  6. Folders that exist on hard drive of old computer but are missing on new computer using an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders that exist on hard drive of old computer but are missing on new computer using an...: My desk top computer, which is running Windows 8.1, began to act up - it would freeze, shut off by itself etc so I bought a new desk top computer now running Windows 10 - I removed my hard drive and installed it in an enclosure to plug in the new computer - the new enclosure...
  7. Folders that exist on hard drive of old computer but are missing on new computer using an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.: My Hard drive recently crashed on my desktop computer. I replaced the drive with a new SSD. How do I reinstall the Win 10 on this new drive? Do I need a product Key? If so how do I get it? My existing license is active and I can use it on multiple computers, up to 10. I...
  9. New Computer not visible to another existing computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Computer not visible to another existing computer: I have a windows 10 desktop and a windows 7 desktop. They can see each other. I recently added another windows 10 desktop, and made it visible to the network. The windows 7 desktop can seethe new desktop, but the old windows 10 desktop cannot see it. All computers are...
  10. Using existing hard drive in new machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using existing hard drive in new machine: Can I install my existing hard drive with win 10 pro in new machine so that I don't have to reinstall everything? Current machine is 8 years old but has i7 in it....