Windows 10: Intel 82579V WIn10 onboard LAN doesn't automatically load drivers

Discus and support Intel 82579V WIn10 onboard LAN doesn't automatically load drivers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I had the exact same computer setup on WIndows 7 and the system worked flawless, after upgrading to Windows 10 there seems to have been a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Balbowa, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Balbowa Win User

Intel 82579V WIn10 onboard LAN doesn't automatically load drivers

Hi, I had the exact same computer setup on WIndows 7 and the system worked flawless, after upgrading to Windows 10 there seems to have been a problem with the driver for this.

The driver does not load correctly and I have to load up device manager, and then network adapters > Intel(R) 82579V and right click it and click scan for hardware changes and it will load the correct driver.

Before I learnt to right click it and scan hardware changes. I would just restart the machine and on restart it will load the driver fine. It used to be annoying before, now less so. It behaves like an old classic car, it doesn't like a "cold start" and I have to manually get it to re-check for drivers.

Any ideas to fix this? this is a desktop computer and I thought about just installing a new gigabit Lan card, and hoping it would just fix it, but it's a waste of money and expansion slot just, so I am looking for a windows solution.

I have tried uninstalling the driver and let windows manage the driver. I can see on the intel website that it does not make a specific w10 driver for it, could that be the issue?

:)

Balbowa, Sep 6, 2019
  2. ShayMeyer Win User

Windows 10 loads the wrong driver for my Intel 82579V network adapter

Following a Windows Update last week, the problem has returned!!!

A new work around is to go into the Device Manager, delete

the Intel 82579LM driver and let Windows search for a hardware change

which loads the Intel 82579V driver.

ShayMeyer, Sep 6, 2019
  3. rahjja Win User
    Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers?

I am installing new drivers after an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I have 2 separate issues.

The page I am using for drivers is here:
    MSI Global

And I am following the suggested order.

1) When I began setup for the Intel VGA driver I received an error message saying that "This computer does not meet the requirements."

- I skipped it and continued down the list of drivers but I am concerned since the second monitor I want to use is still not working.
    - The Nvidia VGA driver installed correctly.

Is this a normal error and I should accept it as I do not need that driver or should I find another Intel VGA driver to try?

2) I have installed the Killer LAN and Killer Wireless LAN drivers for my laptop. Do I now need to ALSO install the Intel Wireless LAN drivers or no? Is it optional or required or don't do it at all?

Thanks for your help!

rahjja, Sep 6, 2019
  4. jonkb Win User

Asus P5Q Onboard Lan issues...

I've just reformated my pc, and it all runs fine except for the the onboard lan. I've tried every LAN driver on ASUS list, and I can't get it to work. It keeps searching for the connection, but it never finds it. The internet runs fine on my moms PC, so it can't be the internet provider*Frown Intel 82579V WIn10 onboard LAN doesn't automatically load drivers :( Onboard LAN is enables in BIOS, and I did try to clear CMOS without any luck.
    Any suggestions? It really sux.... I think the P5Q Pro is a buggy board...

jonkb, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Intel 82579V WIn10 onboard LAN doesn't automatically load drivers - Similar Threads - Intel 82579V WIn10

2. Intel LAN driver ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel LAN driver ?: May i know where is the intel lan driver update ? It used to be here. - - - Updated - - - Ok, i found it but how come it's no more on sticky thread ? 180695
  3. Windows 10 Version 2004 - Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection not immediately loading...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Version 2004 - Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection not immediately loading...: I was initially running Windows 10 Pro version 1909, on a custom built rig, with Gigabyte X79-UD3 rev 1.0 motherboard, which has the onboard Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection, connected via wired ethernet. Everything worked as expected with regards to the Ethernet...
  4. Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.

Wireless LAN driver uninstalled automatically.: Hi, With the latest windows 10 update, there have been several issues with the network adaptor. On of which being the wireless LAN driver getting uninstalled automatically. Usually this problem can be resolved by restarting. A few times i had to manually install the driver....
  5. Win 10 will not load intel network driver 82579V

Win 10 will not load intel network driver 82579V: After upgrading from Win7 to Win10, the Intel driver 82579V cannot install automat. when starting the PC. Win10 is loading the wrong Intel Network driver 82579LM instead of 82579V. I allready contact to my Mainboard Supplier Asus and also to Intel to find a solution. Asus...
  6. Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network driver fails after boot

Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network driver fails after boot: Hi Everyone, I am having a problem with my network card, every time when my PC boots it doesn't load network card drivers properly in order for card to work I have to manually go to device manager and click "Scan for hardware changes", it seems like some sort of driver...
  7. Intel 82579V Problems

Intel 82579V Problems: Hi, 20% of cold boots end with bad initialization of NIC. All is resolved with soft reboot or disable/re-enable of course. What drivers are used in cold boot, UEFI or Windows ones? If UEFI keep in mind latest bios from my mobo manufacturer is from 2014. If Windows,...
  8. Intel(R) 82579V drivers

Intel(R) 82579V drivers: HiI've been having a connection problem this week, when I startup PC big red X on network symbol than if I restart all is good. Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection PROBLEM: Unable to start the network adapter. (in event viewer) windows tells me I have the best ones. I...
  9. Intel LAN Driver not handling 1GBps

Intel LAN Driver not handling 1GBps: So i figured out that the driver software itself handles the Network Speed of the card. So as i recently had the problem with the speed going all the way down to 10MBps, i found in the driver settings it can auto regulate between that. I then set it to 1GBps, but it doesnt...
  10. Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers?

Killer LAN drivers AND Intel LAN drivers?: I am installing new drivers after an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I have 2 separate issues. The page I am using for drivers is here: MSI Global And I am following the suggested order. 1) When I began setup for the Intel VGA driver I received an error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel 82579v windows 10 driver problem

2. intel 82579v windows 10 problem

3. windows 10 intel 82579v problems