Windows 10: Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT)

Discus and support Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have owned this laptop for a while now. When i first got it second hand it worked perfectly. (ASUS ROG G751JT). But i updated Windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tylerj021, May 2, 2019.

1. Tylerj021 Win User

Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT)

Hi there,

I have owned this laptop for a while now. When i first got it second hand it worked perfectly. (ASUS ROG G751JT). But i updated Windows to creators edition a while back and that is where the problem started. However that being said I'm not entirely sure Windows 10 is the root cause but possibly just a factor.

It is an Intel AC 7260. (But the issue occurs with any usb wifi adapter as well).

The problem is ; When connected to any Wifi network, the main problem is that the internet speed is greatly reduced. For example if on a 20 Mbps line a speed test will show 0.4mbps download and 0.1mbps download for example. If on a 20Mbs line the speed test will show 8mbps download etc. So basically on a really fast line the speed is usable but greatly reduced (making it pointless) and on a slow line the internet is unusable entirely. Nothing will connect as it takes too long and times out(games/browser etc).

A further problem is actual connectivity issues. As in the wifi adapter will disconnect from the wifi and reconnect continuously or just show one bar connection , even if the router is directly next to the laptop. This problem will transfer over to a usb wifi adapter as well.

Lastly if uninstall the wifi adapter from device manager a couple times in a row(w/delete software for it) it will stop working and i have to reinstall drivers manually to get it to work because it simply wont turn on.

Fix's/ Attempts ; 1) If I delete and reinstall the adapter from device manager the issue persists. However if i delete C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Netwfw02.dat, (and manually replace it myself from the intel drivers) the internet speed will go back to normal, but wifi connectivity is unusable because it will disconnect and reconnect over and over again during use.

2) In safe mode(with networking) = connection is perfect and speed is perfect (With driver signature enforcement disbled)

3) Disabling driver signature enforcement works until laptop is restarted and same issue occurs.

So I have tried many other things that don't work such as changing the adapter settings but i have been trying for a while and cant remember them all off hand. From what I have done so far though is I believe there is an issue when my windows installs drivers( could be malware or something like that)

and i think that because it will keep reinstalling my razor thresher and just when it comes to installing devices in general there is always an issue. With installing software smart screen can often not be reached for an unknown reason . When i disable driver signature enforcement, all the device issues go away and it doesn't keep reinstalling my headphones and devices every time i restart.

There is also two event logs one is AC7260 and the other AC72601.

Thanks so much , look forward to hearing from you ,

Regards Tyler

Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT) 6e5d4d9d-4b9c-46b7-b234-da3fec567cf0?upload=true.png

Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT) 76f133bd-dfd5-4d5e-b60f-1c43cf0c9f20?upload=true.png Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT) cac22d45-c899-42bd-a3d5-8ad2913a78e3?upload=true.png

:)

Tylerj021, May 2, 2019
  2. lvgandhi Win User

Intel AC 7260 Wi-Fi PCI-e in Asus G73SW Laptop + Win10 Pro 64 - No-Go

Mine is Asus S400CA. I also changed my wifi chip to intel 7260.
    All work fine.

Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT) [​IMG]

lvgandhi, May 2, 2019
  3. NeoBeum Win User
    Windows 10 Intel Wireless-AC 7260 driver requires further installation.

The problems with Windows 10 and the Intel AC 7260 are a combination of a missing link between the older hardware and how Windows 10 handles Wireless compared to older Operating Systems, and the added bonus of having Bluetooth as a USB device located on
    the AC 7260.

I'm still in the middle of testing 18.12 and 18.33, but Windows 10, if left to do it's own installing of drivers, will miss the following:

• Wi-Fi Display
    • Bluetooth High Speed
    • CAMS

There's then the bonus of how Bluetooth attaches itself to the device id during boot.

Low power mode for Bluetooth LE will throw errors, as will the wireless card if the hardware power settings conflict with software power settings.

Download the Intel Bluetooth Driver and Install that prior to Installing the WiFi Drivers.

I'll post with more details when Im not afk, I'm currently out right now

NeoBeum, May 2, 2019
  4. Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT)

Intel wireless AC 7260 does not work after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

I was able to work around the problem. After reading other postings on Intel's website, I saw one that I decided to try. I uninstalled Cisco VPN on Windows 8.1 before upgrading. Then, when I upgraded to Windows 10, the Intel
    AC 7260 wireless adapter worked fine.

~

Richard757, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT)

1. Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT) - Similar Threads - Intel 7260 working

2. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem: Hello, I am using intel dual band ac 7260 wifi card on my laptop hp pavilion 15 p053eu with windows 1064bit. I have latest drivers installed for this card. Wifi works fine but with bluetooth I have a problem. I can transfer files, but the signal strength is weak, connecting...
  3. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem: Hello, I am using intel dual band ac 7260 wifi card on my laptop hp pavilion 15 p053eu with windows 1064bit. I have latest drivers installed for this card. Wifi works fine but with bluetooth I have a problem. I can transfer files, but the signal strength is weak, connecting...
  4. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: First of all Hello. when ı connect to wifi, watching games and movies, mostly no internet. Or out of wifi. I tried everything but couldn't find a solution, PLEASE HELPPP...
  6. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260: I ran some Windows updates and it made it so that my Bluetooth didn't work. In the adapter info it shows that there is Bluetooth capability, but when I try to connect to a Bluetooth device it acts like I don't have a Bluetooth adapter. This happened on two Sony Tap 11...
  7. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: I bought this card for my Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop early last year when a Windows creator's update caused my original WI-FI card to no longer work. Back then I tried this one and it had the problem of showing no WI-FI networks even though I am 5 feet from my router which...
  8. Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter

Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that came with a Dell 1704 A/B/G/N Wi-Fi adapter. This is a rebranded Broadcom card. After Windows 10 Pro conversion since July 2015, the Wi-Fi adapter worked fine but if I activated Hyper-V with Windows 10 Pro, I got BSODs with error 0x50 like: On...
  9. Cannot get Bluetooth to work on Intel AC-7260

Cannot get Bluetooth to work on Intel AC-7260: I upgraded the network card and antennas on my laptop back in February. Everything's worked fine so far. But today I bought myself a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I want to use with my laptop. For the life of me I cannot get my Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5372 and Windows 10...
  10. Intel dualband AC 7260 BLUETOOTH crackling and disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel dualband AC 7260 BLUETOOTH crackling and disconnecting: i upgraded from a reltek dualband wifi /bluetooth for the same issue of terrible bluetooth crackling. and now my Intel dualband AC 7260 bluetooth is similar. but what really bothers me is that at first as in likr the first week the bluetooth on my Intel dualband AC 7260 was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. Intel 7260 USB Bluetooth bsod

3. manually add 7260 bluetooth to windows 10