Windows 10: Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection

Discus and support Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 9Q33 with the Intel AC7260 wireless adapter. I experienced a never-ending litany of connection problems with this adapter, and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dugly, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Dugly Win User

Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection

I have a Dell XPS 9Q33 with the Intel AC7260 wireless adapter. I experienced a never-ending litany of connection problems with this adapter, and tried every solution I could find on the web. And I do mean every possible solution. Many of those suggestions required changing adapter settings, updating drivers, changing wireless router settings, etc.

I think that I did finally resolve the issue. From Control Panel>Uninstall programs, I uninstalled the Intel PROset Wireless software. I then installed the most recent version from the Intel web site. The new version also updated my wireless & bluetooth drivers.

My problems may have been due to updating drivers on the device manager without updating the PROset software. There seems to have been a conflict between the software and the installed drivers. My wireless adapter has now operated for the past two weeks without any dropped connections.

I realize the AC7260 is now an older adapter, generally replaced by the 8260 in newer laptops. However, the sheer number of comments I read on-line demonstrated that there was (is) a great deal of frustration with making the 7260 work properly, so I'm posting this as a possible solution for those who continue to struggle with its performance.

:)

Dugly, Jun 10, 2017
  2. dandude12 Win User

not supported

There are windows 10 drivers for my wireless network card (intel dual band wireless-ac7260 ) on the intel website but the get windows 10 program says My network card is not supported. ****?

dandude12, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Laptop freezes when trying to connect a Wireless Display

We are having a weird problem, when a user tries to connect to a wireless display adapter fitted projector, his laptop freezes and needs a manual reboot. We have around 15 wireless adapters (Actiontec) all
    together. Although the issue is not repeating all the time, but some have problems, some don't have.

We have seen some users complaining that they cant access the INTERNET via wifi while they are using wireless display. We have updated all the drivers of wireless adapters and receivers. Which have reduced
    the number of reported cases, but still it is happening.

Event viewer doesn't point something related to the cause.

Laptops used - Lenovo Thinkpad S1 yoga (intel wireless adapter ac7260)

Radius Servers configured for 802.11 EAP.

Would like to know if anyone faced similar issues and your opinions

Blessan Varghese, Jun 10, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Open up Command Window, enter netsh wlan show all and post the output. You can also use inSSIDer to see any channel congestion with your access point that you are trying to connect. The 726x series chipset is not a old model. It is still pretty new. As for Bluetooth. If you do not need it, turn it off.

I use Channel 3 for my lower on Wireless-n 2.4ghz. Channel 100-112 for Wireless-n/ac 5ghz and never have any issues. You see so much congestion with channels 1,6,11 being automatic and 11 is not always compatible with certain hardware, I try to stay away from it as a higher channel. Make sure that the access point is also set for 40mhz bandwidth, if you do not need Wireless-b/g.

bro67, Jun 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection - Similar Threads - Intel AC7260 Wireless

2. Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist: Hello. I recently bought a computer that came with Ubuntu, but I wanted to install Windows so I did it. The problem is that my Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't appear in Devices, which is weird, because with Ubuntu I used WiFi with no problems at all.I tried many solutions but...
  3. Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist: Hello. I recently bought a computer that came with Ubuntu, but I wanted to install Windows so I did it. The problem is that my Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't appear in Devices, which is weird, because with Ubuntu I used WiFi with no problems at all.I tried many solutions but...
  4. Intel Wireless Adapter doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...: After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel AC-9260 wireless adapter. Apparently Miracast requires both the 2.4GHz capability and the 801.11 a,b,g,n capability. In the...
  6. Wifi disconnect Intel AC7260 card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnect Intel AC7260 card: Got a Dell Latitude 5540 that I cleanly installed Windows 10 Pro 1903 on and now the 2.4 wireless connection drops frequently and randomly. I went to Intel and installed their latest driver because it was newer then Dell's and installed fine. But the disconnects continue and...
  7. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection: Hey guys, first of all, thank you for reading my post. I got a massive problem with my Intel AC 7260 Wireless Adapter in my Alienware Area 51 R2. For some reason, after nearly 3 years of constant performance and no hardware problems at all, the WiFi card of my Area 51 keeps...
  8. Wireless Adapter Not Connected.

Wireless Adapter Not Connected.: Hey guys, so I'm on my MSI laptop, turned it on today and it basically told me I have no wireless adapter. I'm going to attach screenshots of everything I can to try and help with this, any help would be appreciated. Killer Wireless Wifi Adapter showing up but hidden:...
  9. Wireless Connection Drops

Wireless Connection Drops: Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since...
  10. Wireless connection randomly drops

Wireless connection randomly drops: So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect...