Windows 10: Intel Advancing Security at the Silicon Level

Discus and support Intel Advancing Security at the Silicon Level in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hardware-based Protection Coming to Data Center and PC Products Later this Year In addressing the vulnerabilities reported by Google Project Zero... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel Advancing Security at the Silicon Level

Source: https://newsroom.intel.com/editorial...silicon-level/

:)

Brink, Mar 14, 2018

2. Latest Windows 10 cumulative update

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the information about AMD. I always thought it was Intel's. I'll

deal with the messages because I don't want to reduce my security level.

Mike

michacarr50, Mar 14, 2018
  3. 'RickT Win User
    Windows 10 freezes randomly but frequently and requires hard reset

Have you tried the latest Intel drivers, from Intel ? I think there's drivers specific to the Anniversary Update.

As far as disallowing hardware acceleration is concerned, you could try to set that in Windows instead of your browsers. Settings>System>Display>Advanced>Troubleshooting (or something like that: I haven't got it on my machine) goes to a slider bar to set
    different levels of hardware acceleration.

'RickT, Mar 14, 2018
  4. Intel Advancing Security at the Silicon Level

Is Intel saying that people should buy new computers later this year because they'll be better protected? And what if a Variant 4 is discovered? Microsoft seems to fully expect that new exploits involving speculative execution will be discovered.

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I wish Intel had not abandoned IA-64.

Ground Sloth, Mar 14, 2018
Thema:

Intel Advancing Security at the Silicon Level

1. Intel Advancing Security at the Silicon Level - Similar Threads - Intel Advancing Security

2. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  3. Users advanced security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users advanced security settings: I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then bought up a screen and I clicked advanced settings and then clicked on find now. I clicked ok and a list of over 30 users came up...
  4. Microsoft Solitare Spider - Grand Master Level won't advance past level 177

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Solitare Spider - Grand Master Level won't advance past level 177: I have been playing Solitaire Spider, now at Grand Master 7 - Level 177. I can continue to play games but it does not advance to Grand Master 8 - level 178. Anything I can do to repair so I can continue?...
  5. Advanced Security

Advanced Security: In advanced security setting, how many people should be listed for having full control? I am the only user on this laptop, and it has my name, SYSTEM, and Administrators (my laptop). I have not given any permissions to anyone for any of my folders, or anything on my account....
  6. Advanced Security Settings

Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...
  7. Intel Advances Silicon-Based Security for AI and Blockchain Workloads

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Advances Silicon-Based Security for AI and Blockchain Workloads: The future of a trusted and secure computing environment hinges on our collective ability to deliver solutions that improve the performance across a variety of workloads, while also optimizing security. This week, at Cyber Week in Israel, I am joined by partners, customers,...
  8. Security level adjustment

Security level adjustment: Ho do you alter the security level on Win 10 if you need too.? 16298
  9. Intel Sees Promise of Silicon Spin Qubits for Quantum Computing

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Sees Promise of Silicon Spin Qubits for Quantum Computing: Quantum computing is heralded for its potential to tackle problems that today’s conventional computers can’t handle. Scientists and industries are looking to quantum computing to speed advancements in areas like chemistry or drug development, financial modeling, and even...
  10. RSA 2018 - Intel Announces Silicon-Level Security Technologies

in Windows 10 News
    RSA 2018 - Intel Announces Silicon-Level Security Technologies: Today’s cybersecurity landscape is constantly evolving with emerging threats, which means we must be vigilant in delivering solutions that protect customers and their data. Given the cybersecurity axiom that hardware is the foundation for innovation and is the root of trust,...