Windows 10: Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices

Discus and support Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the beginning of May, Intel announced that a vulnerability had been detected in their Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT), available in many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 31, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices

Source: Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices Surface

:)

Brink, May 31, 2017
  2. Sevista Win User

Don't install windows 10 on a Asus et2701i all in one computer. or maybe all computer with install errors, roll backs

Hi Tony, Mighty Tiger & Bob Kane

Have just received an email from ASUS:

Dear Robert,

ASUS is working on qualifying and applying the fixes provided by Intel on supported systems. Moreover, Intel has released a downloadable discovery tool located at downloadcenter.intel.com, which will analyze your system for the vulnerability. IT professionals
    who are familiar with the configuration of their systems and networks can use this tool or can find more details below.

·Step 1: Determine if you have an Intel® AMT, Intel® SBA, or Intel® ISM capable system:
    How To Find Intel® vPro™ Technology Based PCs. If you determine that you do not have an Intel® AMT, Intel® SBA, or Intel®
    ISM capable system then no further action is required.

·Step 2: Utilize the Detection Guide to assess if your system has the impacted firmware:
    Download INTEL-SA-00075 Detection and Mitigation Tool. If you do have a version in the “Resolved Firmware” column no further
    action is required to secure your system from this vulnerability.

·Step 3: Intel recommends checking with your system OEM for updated firmware. Firmware versions that resolve the issue have a four digit build number that starts with a “3” (X.X.XX.3XXX) Ex: 8.1.71.3608.

·Step 4: If a firmware update is not available from your OEM, follow Intel’s Mitigation Guide:
    Download INTEL-SA-00075 Detection and Mitigation Tool

·For assistance in implementing the mitigations steps provided in this document, please contact Intel
    Customer Support ; from the Technologies section, select Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT).

Kind regards,

Asus Customer Service

Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com

Have carried out Step 2: Detection Gude & the results are:

Risk Assessment
    Based on the analysis performed by this tool, this system is not vulnerable; the ME SKU is not affected.

Explanation:

If Vulnerable, contact your OEM for support and remediation of this system.

For more information, refer to CVE-2017-5689 in the following link:
    CVE-2017-5689

or the Intel security advisory Intel-SA-00075 in the following link:
    INTEL-SA-00075

INTEL-SA-00075 Detection Tool
    Application Version: 1.0.3.215

Scan date: 2018-01-18 15:51:52

Host Computer Information
    Name: Bobby-PC

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.

Model: ET2701I

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

ME Information
    Version: 8.0.4.1441

SKU: Consumer

Provisioning Mode: Not Provisioned

Control Mode: None

Is CCM Disabled: True

Driver installation found: True

EHBC Enabled: False

LMS service state: Running

microLMS service state: NotPresent

Is SPS: False

So I am guessing that we are OK, perhaps Mighty Tiger & Bob Kane can use their expertise to detemine if that analysis is correct!

Sevista, May 31, 2017
  3. shao2013 Win User
    win10 BSOD

link for the sytem log sytem log.evtx

thank you for your help Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices :) I updated the intel amt driver and the realtek audio driver, but the one thing is the preintalled dolby audio is gone right now but it shouldnt be a problem Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices :)

shao2013, May 31, 2017
Thema:

Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices

1. Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices - Similar Threads - Intel AMT Vulnerability

2. Intel NUC Vulnerability Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Vulnerability Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00272 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 08/13/2019 Last revised: 08/13/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the...
  3. Intel Vulnerability Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Vulnerability Updates: I have several computers (both Win 7 & Win 10 Pro 64-bit) that require the updates for the Intel vulnerability problem that was released May 14. What I'm trying to figure out is how to download and install the microcode updates. Is it part of Windows update or something...
  4. Intel CSME, SPS, TXE, DAL, and Intel AMT 2019.1 QSR Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel CSME, SPS, TXE, DAL, and Intel AMT 2019.1 QSR Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00213 Advisory Category: Firmware, Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 05/14/2019 Last revised: 05/14/2019 Summary: Multiple potential security...
  5. Intel AMT Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel AMT Prompt: How can I *disable* the annoying Intel Active Management Technology Profile Synchronization prompt? The window pops up every time I connect to the Internet. Is there as easy simple way? Thank!...
  6. Intel Parallel Studio Vulnerability Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Parallel Studio Vulnerability Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00208 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 12/11/2018 Last revised: 12/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® Parallel Studio may allow for an...
  7. Intel Smart Sound Technology vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Smart Sound Technology vulnerabilities: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00163 Product family: Intel® Smart Sound Technology Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release: 07/24/2018 Last revised: 07/24/2018 Summary: CVE-2018-3666 • Driver module in Intel Smart Sound Technology...
  8. Intel Bluetooth pairing vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Bluetooth pairing vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00128 Product family: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC, Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC and Intel® Wireless-AC family of products Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: High Original release:...
  9. Intel Saffron MemoryBase vulnerability Upate

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Saffron MemoryBase vulnerability Upate: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00136 Product family: Intel® Saffron Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release: 06/26/2018 Last revised: 06/26/2018 Summary: CVE-2018-3662 Escalation of privilege in Intel® Saffron MemoryBase before...
  10. Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices: Microsoft is aware of the Intel Management Engine vulnerability (Intel-SA-00086). The Intel vulnerability detection tool currently lists Microsoft Surface devices as vulnerable to this security advisory.Microsoft has investigated the issue and found the following: Remote...