Windows 10: Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform

Discus and support Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] What’s New: At The Computing Conference 2018 hosted by Alibaba Group* in Hangzhou, China, Intel and Alibaba revealed how their deep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform

Source: Alibaba and Intel Transforming Data-Centric Computing from Hyperscale Data Centers to the Edge | Intel Newsroom

:)

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Cloud Platform Release Announcements for May 11, 2017

Source: Cloud Platform Release Announcements for May 11, 2017 | Cloud Platform News Bytes Blog

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  3. AMD to Supply Cloud Server Chips to China's Alibaba

In another business-deal-gone-right for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. in chinese soil, the company is now going to provide China's Alibaba giant with server chips with which to power the company's cloud vision. Whilst Alibaba is most commonly known due to its e-commerce activities (through the Aliexpress and Taobao brands), the chinese company is diversifying, even going so far as entering the entertainment space. Now, Alibaba is bidding to carve itself an even larger piece of the cloud market from the likes of Microsoft's Azure and Amazon's Web Services.

The deal was announced this Friday at the Alibaba Computing Conference by Lisa Su (AMD's CEO) and Simon Hu (president of Alibaba Cloud, the chinese giant's cloud computing arm). Through it, AMD will see its Radeon Pro chips supporting and expanding upon the increasingly-in-demand cloud computing capabilities of the chinese company, which already powers around 35% of China's websites.

Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform amd-siggraph-blue-liquid-r7-white-gray-9656_thm.jpg

Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform library-logos-alibababv-large_thm.jpg

This is another of AMD's bids on diversifying itself. The Sunnyvale-based chipmaker has become an increasingly major player in the semi-custom business, with its CPUs and GPUs powering current and upcoming consoles from both Microsoft and Sony; supplying semi-custom CPUs to the chinese government; and, more recently, entering the aerospace industry through its parnership with CoreAVI. Though this is decidedly another kind of beast: this time, no investment in semi-custom engineering is needed, which should increase the company's margins.

The news saw AMD's shares jump 5% in pre-market trading on Friday. This is another notch on Lisa Su's and AMD's management belt, after lifting up a struggling company - whose market value hit rock-bottom only last February (at $1.83 a share) towards the current $6.75, a 268% increase. While this by no means guarantees a healthy and competitive AMD, it surely is better than the state the company was in just a few months ago.

Source: Fortune

Raevenlord, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform

1. Intel and Alibaba Cloud launched a Joint Edge Computing Platform - Similar Threads - Intel Alibaba Cloud

2. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    joint onedrive or cloud storage: My wife and I have seperate computers and seperate Microsoft accounts.However, there are a number of documents that we would each like to have access to without having to get the other party to bring it up on their computer or print it out.Can we establish a joint folder in...
  3. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joint onedrive or cloud storage: My wife and I have seperate computers and seperate Microsoft accounts.However, there are a number of documents that we would each like to have access to without having to get the other party to bring it up on their computer or print it out.Can we establish a joint folder in...
  4. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CES 2020: Intel Intelligent Tech Spanning Cloud, Network, Edge and PC

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2020: Intel Intelligent Tech Spanning Cloud, Network, Edge and PC: American Red Cross, Lenovo, Netflix, National Football League (NFL) and Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Highlight How Intel Technology is Delivering Broad Positive Impact [ATTACH] Co-engineered with Intel as part of the Project Athena innovation program, the Samsung Galaxy...
  6. Top Five Intel Platform Innovations Driving the Next Wave of Computing

in Windows 10 News
    Top Five Intel Platform Innovations Driving the Next Wave of Computing: [ATTACH] Intel Optane memory M15 introduces a new class of memory, featuring higher performance and lower power usage than in previous generation. Intel’s Technology Open House at Computex 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan, on Wednesday, May 29, 2019, showcases platform innovations and...
  7. What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms?: Hi. So my manufacturer (MSI) haven't updated the SATA ACHI/RAID drivers since 2016 and it is labeled version 14.8.0.1042. To my knowledge I can't install the latest one from Intel (17.2.0.1009) because it is incompatible with the X99 platform (?), so what is the latest one...
  8. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Platform has a driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Platform has a driver problem: This message pops up in Device Health: Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Platform has a driver problem. After running the troubleshooter and told to restart my PC, and doing so, the same message appears in Device Health....
  9. Microsoft Edge - Platform status

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Platform status: What we’ve built and our roadmap [img] More: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/micros...atform/status/ 32862
  10. Microsoft and SAP join forces for joint cloud capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft and SAP join forces for joint cloud capabilities: REDMOND, Wash., and WALLDORF, Germany — Nov. 27, 2017 — Microsoft Corp. and SAP SE on Monday announced integrated offerings to provide enterprise customers with a clear road map to confidently drive more business innovation in the cloud. In a bold show of commitment, the two...