Windows 10: Intel and Microsoft developing standards for dual-screen Windows PCs

Discus and support Intel and Microsoft developing standards for dual-screen Windows PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s Surface Centaurus has already been seen in many patents, and multiple reports have revealed in the past that the firm is working on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Intel and Microsoft developing standards for dual-screen Windows PCs

Microsoft’s Surface Centaurus has already been seen in many patents, and multiple reports have revealed in the past that the firm is working on a revolutionary 2-in-1 device.

Microsoft is expected to apply the same strategy to the dual-screen device that the company used for its first 2-in-1 Surface. The Surface Centaurus might be used as a reference device for other OEMs looking to develop their dual-screen devices.

According to a new report, Intel and Microsoft have teamed up again to set standards for dual-screen devices that will run the next-gen Windows operating system. Sources from the supply chain also revealed that the two companies are planning to extend the concept to cover a wide range of foldable-screen devices.

Microsoft originally started working on a foldable pocketable device under the Andromeda codename, but a report in 2018 revealed that the device has gone back to the drawing board as there’s still no compelling reason for the firm to launch a new dual-screen mobile device.

Microsoft’s dual-screen device could come in the first quarter or half of 2020 and it will reportedly have two 9-inch displays with a 4:3 aspect ratio. According to various reports, the device would run Windows Core OS, a lightweight and adaptable version of Windows for dual-screen and Chromebook-alternatives.

Centaurus device would support Android apps as part of the Windows Core OS (WCOS).

The post Intel and Microsoft developing standards for dual-screen Windows PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Microsoft establishes 12 principles for Windows development

Microsoft has announced 12 principles that it will use to guide the development of it's Windows platform. Brad Smith, Microsoft's Senior Vice President, outlined these principles based on the experiences of the company, such as antitrust battles, regulatory scrutiny, and fierce competition in the software market. The 12 principles are based on three main areas: Choice for computer manufacturers and customers, opportunities for developers, and interoperability for users. The principles are-
    When asked about the new policies, Brad Smith says "We've had nearly five years of experience under the U.S. consent decree, and the one thing we've learned the importance of is humility…".

Source: Eweek

zekrahminator, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Intel and Microsoft developing standards for dual-screen Windows PCs

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Intel and Microsoft developing standards for dual-screen Windows PCs

1. Intel and Microsoft developing standards for dual-screen Windows PCs - Similar Threads - Intel Microsoft developing

2. Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key

in Windows 10 News
    Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key: Microsoft hopes that 2024 will be the year that so-called AI PCs will take off. Tidbits and rumors about this new breed of PCs are found everywhere, but Microsoft itself has been tight lipped when it comes to requirements. Intel has now published Microsoft's requirements for...
  3. How do I standardize the dual boot selection screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I standardize the dual boot selection screen: Hi, I have a Win10 and Win8.1 dual boot system. When the system boots I usually get this screen. [img] Rarely do I get the screen I would like to standardize on. [img] How do I get the system to always use the GUI vs Console version of the boot select screen. Thanks...
  4. Watch Microsoft 365 Developer Day for Dual-screen Experiences

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft 365 Developer Day for Dual-screen Experiences: Watch Live: Build dual-screen experiences Learn how to: Get the most out of the SDK and emulator Use cross-platform tools and languages Design apps for dual-screen devices Build dual-screen experiences on the web Connect your apps with Microsoft 365 Webcast starts on...
  5. Developing new category of dual-screen devices for mobile productivity

in Windows 10 News
    Developing new category of dual-screen devices for mobile productivity: Last month we shared our vision for dual-screen devices, designed to help people get more done on smaller and more mobile form factors. Today, we are going to share how developers can unlock this new era of mobile creativity. There are two stages to optimize for dual-screen...
  6. What is Microsoft developer story for new dual-screen Surface devices?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Microsoft developer story for new dual-screen Surface devices?: Up until last week, all announced Surface-branded PCs and tablets were built to run Windows 10. But next year, an Android-based Surface device -- the dual-screen Surface Duo -- will join the Surface family. What does that mean for developers interested in targeting the...
  7. Introducing Windows 10X: enabling dual-screen PCs in 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Windows 10X: enabling dual-screen PCs in 2020: [ATTACH] [Pre-release product shown, screens simulated and subject to change] Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices and we want to thank all of our customers around the world who use Windows 10 every day. Whether it is to run your business, browse the web,...
  8. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is now being blocked from installing on systems with certain versions of Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST). Microsoft says May 2019 Update on some Intel PCs may cause stability problems and it could also break the inbox storage...
  9. A closer look at dual-screen Windows 10 devices, the future of PCs

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at dual-screen Windows 10 devices, the future of PCs: Microsoft, Intel, Asus and the other PCs makers have started picturing dual-screen Ultrabooks, with both sides of the laptop-tablet now sporting LED screens. It looks like the dual-screen setup may not be just for phones and pocketable devices as the laptops will join the...
  10. Technology sector to develop HID standard for braille display

in Windows 10 News
    Technology sector to develop HID standard for braille display: Improving experiences for all our customers is something that we obsess over. We know that advancements in technology and inclusive design can help unlock solutions that empower people with disabilities. We also recognize the need to work together — across the industry — to...