Windows 10: Intel announces official support for Vulkan graphics API on Windows

Discus and support Intel announces official support for Vulkan graphics API on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Vulkan* targets high performing real-time 3D graphics applications, like games, while giving low-overhead hardware control over GPU acceleration to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel announces official support for Vulkan graphics API on Windows

Source: Intel announces that we are moving from beta support to full official support for the Vulkan* API on Windows going forward. | Intel(R) Software

:)

Brink, Feb 13, 2017
  2. segin Win User

What is "Vulcan" Run Time Libraries?

Vulkan is an 3D graphics API developed by the Kronos Group, who are also responsible for OpenGL. Originally named
    OpenGL-Next, Vulkan represents the future of platform and vendor neutral high-performance 3D graphics and is the next-generation successor to OpenGL.

In short, it does the same thing as OpenGL or DirectX, but in a manner that allows for a higher level of efficiency and better gaming performance with lower-level access to graphics processors, much the same as found in DirectX 12 and Apple's Metal API.

segin, Feb 13, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    BLACK SCREEN AFTER INSTALLING WDDM INTEL DRIVER

I think your problem is that Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3150 is not supported on Windows post Windows 7. There are no official Intel drivers available for Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10.

This would also explain why accessing remotely works as that would use the graphics card on the remote system . . .

DaveM121, Feb 13, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I guess this is for built-in Intel GPUs right? Great news anyway. Vulkan is nice.

eLPuSHeR, Feb 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Intel announces official support for Vulkan graphics API on Windows - Similar Threads - Intel announces official

2. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Official Support...?: Why does Windows Offical Support page NEVER have the correct answer? Honestly, this is a legitament question. Every time I have even the simplest question related to Microsofts own OS, the answsers are truly never within the Microsoft communtity forum. You would figure the...
  3. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Official Support...?: Why does Windows Offical Support page NEVER have the correct answer? Honestly, this is a legitament question. Every time I have even the simplest question related to Microsofts own OS, the answsers are truly never within the Microsoft communtity forum. You would figure the...
  4. Why is Windows Official Support...?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Official Microsoft Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Official Microsoft Support: I have a few questions related to Microsoft Support:Is there an official Microsoft support for Windows or Windows Apps area? If yes, is it free or paid?Can someone provide the link if it does exist?The only area I found for support provides "how to" information for the...
  6. Official Microsoft Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Official Microsoft Support: I have a few questions related to Microsoft Support:Is there an official Microsoft support for Windows or Windows Apps area? If yes, is it free or paid?Can someone provide the link if it does exist?The only area I found for support provides "how to" information for the...
  7. Vulkan Support on Windows ARM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vulkan Support on Windows ARM: Although OpenGL support on Windows ARM devices is available via the OpenCl and OpenGL compat pack , is there native support for the Vulkan API on Windows ARM or are there any plans to natively support Vulkan? Thanks!...
  8. Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming: Microsoft is using DirectX libraries for all its visual related tasks. But why Microsoft is not working or using Vulkan instead of DirectX for gaming. As we all know that Vulkan is much better in gaming because we get more FPS in less powerful hardware as Vulkan makes use of...
  9. Intel UHD Graphics 620 not supporting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel UHD Graphics 620 not supporting: I recently bought dell laptop. But when I am enabling intel uhd graphics 620 unable to play videos(specifically youtube) and also unable to wake laptop from sleep. After disabling intel graphics driver in device manager those things are working fine. Any idea what's...
  10. Windows 10 S officially announced

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 S officially announced: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] At its #MicorsoftEDU event in New York City today, Microsoft has officially announced a new version of Windows 10. The new version of Windows is called Windows 10 S, which was previously known as Windows 10 Cloud. Windows 10...