Windows 10: Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash

Discus and support Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whever I am using my laptop for regular things such as surfing the web or OneNote, my IntelAudioService stops working which causes my laptop itself to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayeshGupta2, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash

Whever I am using my laptop for regular things such as surfing the web or OneNote, my IntelAudioService stops working which causes my laptop itself to crash. This is the Intel Audio Service error i get DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\cAVS\IntelR Audio Service\IntelAudioService.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: IntelAudioService.exeApplication Version: 1.0.152.0Application Timestamp: 5bd0d480Fault Module Name: StackHash_c1c2Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0Fault Mod

:)

JayeshGupta2, Aug 26, 2021

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Dacur Win User
    HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash

Laptop crashes caused by 'rtkvhd64.sys'

Hi Regal,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information:

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • Which build of Windows 10 is installed on the machine?

(Search winver from the Start menu to know the same)
    • Does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which this issue started to occur?

Upon analyzing the crash dump files, seems like the crash is caused by
    rtkvhd64.sys. I suggest you to try the methods listed below and check if it works.

Method 1

I suggest you to uninstall the Realtek HD Audio drivers
    installed on the machine and let Windows to search for the update and install the updated drivers.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers and locate
      Realtek HD Audio drivers.
    • Right click on it and choose Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for my device
      and reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, try Method 2

Method 2

If letting windows to install the drivers automatically doesn’t resolve the issue, you may install the latest audio drivers from PC manufacturer’s website and see if it resolves the issue.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and see if it helps.

If the issue persists, revert to us with the latest crash dump file.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash

1. Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash - Similar Threads - Intel Audio Driver

2. Installing Latest Intel graphics driver Causes the laptop to lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Latest Intel graphics driver Causes the laptop to lag: After installing the Latest Intel Graphics Driver15.33.53.5161 My laptop started lagging and the windows theme changed automatically to win7 basic theme and i can't change it here are my laptop specs:Gpu IntelR HD Graphics FamilyCPU IntelR CeleronR CPU 1017U...
  3. Installing Latest Intel graphics driver Causes the laptop to lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Latest Intel graphics driver Causes the laptop to lag: After installing the Latest Intel Graphics Driver15.33.53.5161 My laptop started lagging and the windows theme changed automatically to win7 basic theme and i can't change it here are my laptop specs:Gpu IntelR HD Graphics FamilyCPU IntelR CeleronR CPU 1017U...
  4. Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash - Samsung laptop - even after clean windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash - Samsung laptop - even after clean windows install: Hi, I have a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15" np940x5n-x01us with all drivers updated through Samsung Update App.I get BSOD almost every 5 minutes. The OS is Win 11, the issue was started from Win 10. I tried a windows clean install and also Samsung clean install factory reset but...
  5. Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash - Samsung laptop - even after clean windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Audio Driver causes laptop to crash - Samsung laptop - even after clean windows install: Hi, I have a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15" np940x5n-x01us with all drivers updated through Samsung Update App.I get BSOD almost every 5 minutes. The OS is Win 11, the issue was started from Win 10. I tried a windows clean install and also Samsung clean install factory reset but...
  6. is Audio Drivers can cause Chrome crashes?

in Browsers and Email
    is Audio Drivers can cause Chrome crashes?: Hello, Recently, I just got Chrome Crash (Aw, Snap!) in Google Meet tab. and the culprit is the "VoiceMeeter Input" sound driver. YouTube doesn't route on the virtual audio device so I realize that VM Input is the culprit. So I reinstalled VoiceMeeter Banana and it fixed....
  7. Intel UHD Graphics driver causing audio hissing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel UHD Graphics driver causing audio hissing?: I've been having a high-pitched electronic sizzling sound through headphones connected on my 3.5 mm audio jack since I bought my laptop - Acer Predator Triton 300. After multiple painful attempts at fixing the issue, I have discovered that the issue is solved if I disable the...
  8. Intel drivers causing windows to bsod

Intel drivers causing windows to bsod: I was using msautoruns to get rid of useless startup programs, when i found three startup files from intel. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprisedriver Intel Rapid Storage Technology EnterpriseFilter driver Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Switch Driver why are these so...
  9. Intel Display Audio Driver causes "instability" when trying to install 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Display Audio Driver causes "instability" when trying to install 1809: I have encountered this issue in trying to install the October Update. I do not understand the steps recommended by this article. What is the appropriate thing to do? Apparently Microsoft and Intel both recommend that you do not click "Continue"....
  10. Intel Display Audio Driver

Intel Display Audio Driver: The Intel Display Audio driver I have is causing Blue Screens so are there any new versions for this driver that are compatible with Windows 10 and ​Intel i7 (fourth gen)?? The latest version I have is 6.16.0.3189. [img] 37429