Windows 10: Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager

Discus and support Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Shows in device manager but doesn't work. When I try updating drivers from device manager it doesn't say it is out of date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by user131, May 29, 2023.

1. user131 Win User

Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager

Shows in device manager but doesn't work. When I try updating drivers from device manager it doesn't say it is out of date.

:)

user131, May 29, 2023

2. How to I add my Logitech webcam to Cameras in Device Manager?

I have a Logitech C922 webcam. I see it in Sound, Video In Game Controllers in device manager, but the only camera listed for Cameras is the Intel AVStream Camera 2500. How do I add the Logitech WebCam to cameras?

Jeff Hawkins (jeffh), May 29, 2023
  3. intel avstream camera not working - asus t100

Hi Rob,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated Webcam drivers.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to troubleshoot the issue. As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you get any error message/error code on launching the webcam on PC?
    • Did you check if the camera drivers are listed in Device manager?

In most of the cases the device drivers will be listed under its respective category in
    Device manager. All the drivers of the devices attached to or mostly will be used on the PC will be listed under
    Device manager. The device will not function if the driver of the respective device is not installed on the computer.

Method 1: Check if the camera drivers are listed in
    Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand the option where WebCam drivers may be located and check if the drivers are present.
    • If present, right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to install the latest driver in a compatibility mode and check if this works.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with
    this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Also, suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows
    10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 29, 2023
  4. Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

From the Device Manager, the camera is Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500.

Is it an outdated camera?

Patrick-Lam, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager

1. Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager - Similar Threads - Intel AVStream 2500

2. Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager: Shows in device manager but doesn't work. When I try updating drivers from device manager it doesn't say it is out of date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-avstream-2500-camera-not-working-but-is/6362a7c0-59cf-4071-85b2-9c70c95b8194
  3. Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel AVStream 2500 camera not working but is listed in device manager: Shows in device manager but doesn't work. When I try updating drivers from device manager it doesn't say it is out of date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-avstream-2500-camera-not-working-but-is/6362a7c0-59cf-4071-85b2-9c70c95b8194
  4. Surface Pro "5" AVStream Camera 2500 Not Working after 18Apr21 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro "5" AVStream Camera 2500 Not Working after 18Apr21 Update: When I shut down my Surface Pro "5" the evening of April 18, 2021; there was some type of update that ran. Interestingly I cannot find a record of an update for that day in my "View update history." I selected "update and restart." Upon updating when the Surface Pro...
  5. camera not working on windows 10, why is it not listed under device manager ?

camera not working on windows 10, why is it not listed under device manager ?: camera not working on windows 10, why is it not listed under device manager ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-windows-10-why-is-it-not/c37f022a-aa2d-4cd8-a078-2004ea0d6a1d
  6. Camera not listing in device manager

Camera not listing in device manager: Hi, Camera not listing in device manager tried uninstalling drivers. installed latest updates windows 10 was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-listing-in-device-manager/dfcb1881-eed0-44bc-9a54-a320de3d40a4
  7. Camera not listed in Device Manager fault 0xA00F4244

Camera not listed in Device Manager fault 0xA00F4244: After a recent Windows update, my camera stopped working. I've worked through various fixes privacy settings, reset app etc. but nothing seems to work. The problem seems to be that the camera is no longer listed in the device manager list at all. Can anyone help?...
  8. Camera not listed on Device manager

Camera not listed on Device manager: Hello Community, Couple of weeks back, I reinstalled windows 10 on my Lenovo Thinkpad. Ever since this upgrade, I am not able to launch my Camera app or use Camera for any apps. Especially with working from home during this pandemic times. I checked my device manager and...
  9. Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10

Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10: HI there, I have an HP Envy with Windows 10 and can't seem to get my webcam / camera to work. It is not listed on the Device Manager list. Thanks for the help. JP...
  10. camera is not working camera is not listed in device manager

camera is not working camera is not listed in device manager: the camera is not working and the device manager is not list the camera how can I know that the camera is in order or disorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-working-camera-is-not-listed-in/3852b4a4-be88-49b9-bb64-55c6d217db2c