Windows 10: Intel Bluetooth not functional

Discus and support Intel Bluetooth not functional in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have seem to run into some issues with my Compute Stick m3, and W10 (2004). On the stick there is an Intel Wireless-AC 8260 + Bluetooth 4.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Susurs, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Susurs Win User

Intel Bluetooth not functional

Hi!

I have seem to run into some issues with my Compute Stick m3, and W10 (2004). On the stick there is an Intel Wireless-AC 8260 + Bluetooth 4.2 hardware available.

It was working fine until few days ago. After updating W10 I got some crashes on shutdown related to BTHport.sys. Bluetooth is no longer functional and I have noticed that the Device Manager keeps refreshing every 5 seconds or so. When I uninstall the BT device, refreshing stops, and Windows automatically reinstalls drivers (Or I can do it manually). When the driver is installed for the first time - a number of enties is listed under BT in the Device Manager and everything works fine. I am able to connect any BT device.

Upon the first restart, however, there is only Intel Wireless Bluetooth entry left under the BT in Device Manager, and no BT connection is available. Fix/Scan BT reports that it cannot enable the BT. Refresh keeps happening...

Tried few different Intel BT drivers - No luck,

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

:)

Susurs, Jul 3, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I apologize for the delayed response.

We would suggest you to try uninstalling the drivers completely from the computer and reinstalling it from the computer manufacturer website. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Bluetooth.
    3. Right click on Intel Wireless Bluetooth device and select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Now, select the checkbox for Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Download the drivers from computer manufacturer’s website and install them.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Intel Bluetooth not functional

Intel Bluetooth Only Shows Up on 3168

I have an interesting issue with the Acer Aspire A515 laptop. I recently upgraded to a gigabit internet connection with a new dual band router. Of course my laptop having a little Intel 3168 WiFi card single band + bluetooth wasn't going to do it. So I go and grab myself my nice Intel 8265 WiFi card dual band + bluetooth and put it in. The WiFi works great no issues but no bluetooth. So I try my 7260, 7265, and 8260 cards. All having the same issue. I can establish an 866 link with the router but no bluetooth. Testing them in other machines shows the bluetooth so I am convinced that it is this particular laptop. I have also grabbed the latest Intel drivers, no change. Any suggestions welcome.

Testing Already Done:

• Booting up Linux (No bluetooth)
    • Windows updates (No bluetooth)
    • Reinstalling Windows 10 (The laptop has a 7th gen i7 so W7 / W8 is not an option) (Still no bluetooth)

Charles Ludlow, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Intel Bluetooth not functional

1. Intel Bluetooth not functional - Similar Threads - Intel Bluetooth functional

2. Bluetooth Not Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Not Functioning: This morning, I woke up and put on my headphones to find that bluetooth was missing from my laptop. It came with bluetooth and has worked for 2+ years. Here's a screenshotand yes i scrolled down, all it said was nearby sharing, cast, and project:...
  3. Bluetooth Not Functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Not Functioning: This morning, I woke up and put on my headphones to find that bluetooth was missing from my laptop. It came with bluetooth and has worked for 2+ years. Here's a screenshotand yes i scrolled down, all it said was nearby sharing, cast, and project:...
  4. Bluetooth Stopped Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Stopped Functioning: When the Bluetooth is on and connected to a device, and the device is selected as the output, Windows no longer plays sound through the Bluetooth device. It plays through the computer speakers. Changing the output does not work, nor does turning the Bluetooth off and on,...
  5. Bluetooth stopped functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stopped functioning: So, I was just watching some Youtube when my headphones Beats Solo3 suddenly disconnected. Thinking nothing of it I opened the notification panel to go into Bluetooth to just reconnect them, but to my surprise, the button was gone. I opened settings and the switch was gone...
  6. I install the Intel Bluetooth Driver get Incorrect function

I install the Intel Bluetooth Driver get Incorrect function: When I install the Intel Bluetooth DriverGet the following event errorhttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16bqW1Z5tLr7Chg2VUz6BG9XCKUkXkfa2?usp=sharingit caused my Bluetooth mouse to not work after restarting the computer. The solution I found temporarily was to install...
  7. Bluetooth is not functioning

Bluetooth is not functioning: Bluetooth is not shown in Device manager- view hidden. model number - 4J40RP1 DELL INSPIRON N5010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-functioning/4ecba1d0-70a2-4093-a191-b8398da077b1
  8. Bluetooth & device not functional

Bluetooth & device not functional: Dear Sir, I am using Lenovo Y510P laptop. After the recent window 10 update, I am unable to add my device logitec x50 wireless speaker through Bluetooth. In order to make sure my device is work, I have used my phone to test and it work well. Please advise. Thank you....
  9. bluetooth no longer functioning

bluetooth no longer functioning: My bluetooth function no longer works, the click tab option to engage the bluetooth function is now completely missing. Under device manager the bluetooth device has moved to the 'hidden' tab, I've run multiple troubleshoots for this issue, run searches for any and all driver...
  10. New Intel chip function ..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Intel chip function ..?: Hi All . I just notice there is an app/or Intel drive call Wake-On-Voice in my laptop , But my Processor is Intel Broadwell core i5-5200u , not Skylake .. ?? I don't know how to set it up either . Any idea ..? Thanks . 51044