Windows 10: Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

Discus and support Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed that Intel has an updated chipset driver 10.1.1.42. It's newer than one currently installed from Asus mobo page but Asus doesn't offer this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

I noticed that Intel has an updated chipset driver 10.1.1.42. It's newer than one currently installed from Asus mobo page but Asus doesn't offer this update. Do I install it?

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42? [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, Mar 26, 2017

2. SSD Functions Strangely - 100% hang, read/write ever few seconds, spikes to 30% | Caused by Windows?

Try to install the latest Intel H97 Chipset driver maybe resolve the problem.

Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

IT Guy Viki, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Windows had an update, blue screen error Kernel appears

Realtek Audio driver –expand Sound, Video and Game controllers

Intel Chipset – Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility:

Download Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver –expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

Intel LAN Driver –expand Network adapters

Intel Management Engine Interface - expand System devices

Nvidia Graphics driver – expand Display adapters

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

Generally it wont cause an issue, however sometimes chipsets and other hardware will be manufactuered to the OEMs specs which will make them different. That is often why an OEM will provide specific drivers for the hardware. I say its up to you, but before you do it create a system restore point in case issues ensue.

ArazelEternal, Mar 26, 2017
  5. Kol12 Win User
    Do you think the driver would be available at the Asus mobo download page (this case Z97-A) if they thought it was necessary? Some of the Z270 chipset motherboards at the Asus website have the 10.1.1.38 driver as their chipset download which is still not the latest. Is it possible Asus haven't updated their pages yet? Kinda confused.

The reason I found out about the driver was through a program I just downloaded called Windows Update MiniTool. It shows some drivers that appear to be available to download. Strangely Windows Update does not present these drivers to me.

Here is screenshot of Windows Update MiniTool with the available chipset drivers:

Kol12, Mar 26, 2017
  6. Motherboard manufactures do not bother updating drivers, because they would have to test them first.

TairikuOkami, Mar 26, 2017
  7. Kol12 Win User
    That sounds reassuring, I think I'll go ahead and install. Any idea why this Windows Update MiniTool has picked up these drivers but Microsoft Windows Update hasn't?

Kol12, Mar 26, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

I sometimes install from the Asus page, not had any problems.

I wouldn't rely on the drivers from Windows Update because often they are cut down versions of the full driver.

swarfega, Mar 26, 2017
  9. I guess, because it uses Microsoft Update server instead of Windows Update by default.

10. Kol12 Win User
    It's been a long time since I've seen Windows Update offer any chipset drivers, maybe at initial setup of an OS but after that...

Kol12, Mar 26, 2017
  11. Kol12 Win User
    That could be right. Maybe the manufacturers aren't updating their drivers as soon as the official ones. Do manufacturer drivers really differ that much? Intel chipset's wouldn't be tailored in any way would they? I know that Realtek drivers can be mobo specific.

Kol12, Mar 26, 2017
  12. That applies to differences between various motherboards, mostly dual GPU related (AMD+Intel, etc).
    Chipset drivers should be the same, it is not like peripherals can vary, it supports the same on all.
    If you check the digital signature, you can see, who made them, most likely Asus only reposted them.
    This particular driver contains Asus setup, but it only launches Intel setup, so there is nothing custom.

13. Kol12 Win User

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

My 10.1.1.7 chipset drivers also have an Asus setup.exe.

So I ran the 10.1.1.42 setup.exe (forgot to make system restore *Think) and it said the drivers installed successfully but appears that it hasn't actually updated anything. According to Device Manager the chipset drivers are still at the versions they were before. Also the setup.exe showed the date as being 2015-06-03, so I don't know what this is all about.

Setup.exe pic below.

There is a new Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver available also but it appears to be for 6th/7th gen Intel chipsets only. Can anyone confirm that? Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42?

1. Intel Chipset 10.1.1.42? - Similar Threads - Intel Chipset

2. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  3. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  4. Compatible Intel Chipsets for choosing correct processor and motherboard for installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatible Intel Chipsets for choosing correct processor and motherboard for installing...: Before choosing a motherboard from respective MB manufacturers, read the technical specifications of chipsets, then choose the required intel processor, and then choose the selected motherboard.For Intel Coffee Lake Desktop Processors 8th gen and 9th gen Intel® H310...
  5. Compatible Intel Chipsets for choosing correct processor and motherboard for installing...

Compatible Intel Chipsets for choosing correct processor and motherboard for installing...: Before choosing a motherboard from respective MB manufacturers, read the technical specifications of chipsets, then choose the required intel processor, and then choose the selected motherboard.For Intel Coffee Lake Desktop Processors 8th gen and 9th gen Intel® H310...
  6. Windows freezing after Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I repair the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezing after Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I repair the...: Windows will boot to desktop and after about 5~7 seconds Windows will freeze for about 30+ seconds before going to BSOD with a "Driver Power State Failure".I power cycled it 3 times to do an automatic recovery, booted into safe mode and was able to run: SFC /scannow and it...
  7. Windows freezing after Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I repair the...

Windows freezing after Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I repair the...: Windows will boot to desktop and after about 5~7 seconds Windows will freeze for about 30+ seconds before going to BSOD with a "Driver Power State Failure".I power cycled it 3 times to do an automatic recovery, booted into safe mode and was able to run: SFC /scannow and it...
  8. Windows freezing after Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I repair the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows freezing after failed Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I...

Windows freezing after failed Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I...: Windows will boot to desktop and after about 5~7 seconds Windows will freeze for about 30+ seconds before going to BSOD with a "Driver Power State Failure".I power cycled it 3 times to do an automatic recovery, booted into safe mode and was able to run: SFC /scannow and it...
  10. Windows freezing after failed Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows freezing after failed Intel chipset device driver failed to install, how do I...: Windows will boot to desktop and after about 5~7 seconds Windows will freeze for about 30+ seconds before going to BSOD with a "Driver Power State Failure".I power cycled it 3 times to do an automatic recovery, booted into safe mode and was able to run: SFC /scannow and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel chipset Version: 10.1.1.42 asus x202e

2. Intel 10.1.1.42