Windows 10: Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511

Discus and support Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Same exact problem here. Upgrade to Win10 awhile back with no issues. After 1511 installed, the system hangs about 1-2 minutes after booting. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Panayotis Melas, Dec 11, 2015.

1. shfaxx Win User

Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511

Same exact problem here. Upgrade to Win10 awhile back with no issues. After 1511 installed, the system hangs about 1-2 minutes after booting.

shfaxx, Feb 13, 2016
  2. Dimitris Win User

Solution: For intel compute stick updade the BIOS. For the rest brands, Reboot in Safe Mode and Disable SSD cache from Device Manager.

Dimitris, Feb 14, 2016
  3. BeansMom Win User
    Hi -- I'm new to this site, too. Found while searching desperately for help recovering my dead Stick. This is my second replacement Stick; came with Windows 10 and died after insisting I needed to do Windows updates. I have been on the phone with Intel about this several times and have tried maybe 15 or 20 times to do a reset with trying to save my files. I even finally tried to remove all my files since I was going to lose them anyway when I sent the Stick in for an exchange. Nothing was working; no process would complete. Intel is willing to do another exchange - no problem with that, except that my Stick is now out of stock and it could be several inconvenient weeks until I get a new one. So I was determined to try everything possible to restore my Stick. This morning I was trying my FINAL attempt at a reset when - wonder of wonders - it completed the process and ended up giving me the opening screen. Unlike in the past, it did not recognize the mouse click, but pressing Enter on the keyboard took me to the login screen. I even successfully logged in and - sniff - to my unsurprised dismay, not a single file of mine was there. The only icon on the desktop was the recycle bin. Now I wait. And wait and wait. Until the next time I see my techie son to get everything set up for me again. If the Stick still has Windows 10 on it, I hope I can downgrade to a lower version. I refuse to do anymore updates to Windows 10. It murdered my Stick and I lost a lot of info that I was working on. Sigh. Well, thanks for letting me vent. If you know of any secret place the Stick might be storing my files, please advise! Now, where's my aspirin...

BeansMom, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511

1. Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511 - Similar Threads - Intel Compute Stick

2. Update From Win 10 Version 1511

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update From Win 10 Version 1511: HiI am trying to udate my Dad's old Toshiba P300 Pro laptop to the latest Win 10 version, it was sold with Win 10 1511 installed. Windows update always crashed on reboot. I have checked drivers in device manager, Tried updating in Safe mode and clean boot, checked the memory,...
  3. Update From Win 10 Version 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update From Win 10 Version 1511: HiI am trying to udate my Dad's old Toshiba P300 Pro laptop to the latest Win 10 version, it was sold with Win 10 1511 installed. Windows update always crashed on reboot. I have checked drivers in device manager, Tried updating in Safe mode and clean boot, checked the memory,...
  4. Cannot install Feature updated to Wondows 10, version 20H2 into Intel Compute Stick STK1AW32SC

Cannot install Feature updated to Wondows 10, version 20H2 into Intel Compute Stick STK1AW32SC: Dear Expert, My current version of Intel Compute Stick is 32-bit. Drive C is free space remain 10 GB. And Windows update was downloading Update version 20็็H2 for me Then the system inform me to restart the device in order to install the update. But every time when I...
  5. Win 10 1511 update to Win 10 1903

Win 10 1511 update to Win 10 1903: Had to resurrect a PC with an old disk image (3 years old!). Now the version on the PC is Win 10 Pro 1511 and it won't update because it is out of date. Has anyone try to update from Win 10 1511, or another out of date version, up to Win 10 1903 while retaining user...
  6. Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?

Win 10 install on two different drives with same Win key in same computer?: I have a Win 10 computer (legal upgrade from Win 7) that gives me terrible problems booting up, re-starting, or shutting down. I would repair the install but I'd lose all/many of my other programs. So what I want to do is have a fresh Windows 10 bare install on a second...
  7. Win 10 version 1511 cannot update

Win 10 version 1511 cannot update: I am using a Thinkpad X200s with below specs as my standby working PC, which I have only used occasionally. the automatic upgrading issue has bothered me for quite a long period. Every time the process pop out but never succeeded: either it hang at the pre-boot black screen...
  8. Can't install Win 10 1511 10586 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't install Win 10 1511 10586 update: Hi, I have been trying to install this update for quite some time now, and actually even waited two weeks to see if this problem wasn't going to resolve itself, but apparently, i'm out of luck. It seems that this update fails to install every time i try to restart. I have...
  9. Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD: Hi BSOD squad, I hope you are able to tell me what caused this BSOD today. Background: Intel Compute Stick, used as HTPC. Never had any issues, works like a charm. Upgraded last night to build 10547 EN-GB x86. Today VPN connection to Finland to watch news from Finnish...
  10. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows: Hey guys, I have a slight problem. I purchased a Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC and did not realise it was only supported for or came installed with Ubuntu on it. I am trying to install Windows 10 on it. During install I am constantly getting Windows ran into a problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to update windows on intel stick

2. how to update intel computer stick windows 10

3. intel compute stick windows 10 1903 update no space