Windows 10: Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine

Discus and support Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) Issue (SA-00125) Last Reviewed: 12-Sep-2018 Article ID: 000030079 Intel was notified of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Grom0X, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Grom0X Win User

Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine

Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) Issue (SA-00125)

Last Reviewed: 12-Sep-2018
    Article ID: 000030079
    Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform:

• Bypass Intel® CSME anti-replay protection, thus allowing potential brute force attacks on secrets stored inside the Intel CSME;
    • Gain unauthorized access to the Intel® Management Engine BIOS Extension (Intel® MEBX) password;
    • Tamper with the integrity of the Intel® CSME file system directories or the Server Platform Services and Trusted Execution Environment (Intel® TXE) data files.
    See Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00125 for further details.
    Affected Products/Technologies
    The issue has been identified as a vulnerability in the Intel® CSME firmware versions: 11.0 through 11.8.50; 11.10 through 11.11.50; 11.20 through 11.21.51, Intel® Server Platform Services firmware version 4.0 (on Purley and Bakerville only) and Intel® TXE version 3.0 through 3.1.50.
    Systems using Intel® CSME firmware versions prior to 11.0/ Intel® Server Platform Services 4.0/TXE 3.0 or using firmware versions 11.8.55/11.11.55/11.21.55/ Intel® Server Platform Services 5.0 and higher/TXE 3.1.55 or higher don't contain the identified vulnerability.
    Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) Updated Intel® CSME Firmware version Replaces Intel® CSME Firmware version 11.8.55.3510 11.8.50.3399 11.11.55.1509 11.11.50.1402 11.21.55.1508 11.21.50.1400 Intel® Server Platform Service Updated SPS Firmware version Replaces SPS Firmware version SPS_SoC-A_04.00.04.177.0 SPS_SoC-A_04.00.04.172.0 SPS_SoC-X_04.00.04.077.0 SPS_SoC-X_04.00.04.057.0 SPS_E5_04.00.04.381.0 SPS_E5_04.00.04.340.0 Intel® Trusted Execution Engine (TXE) Updated TXE Firmware version Replaces TXE Firmware version 3.1.55 3.1.50.2222 Contact your system or motherboard manufacturer to obtain an Intel CSME firmware update or BIOS update that addresses this vulnerability. Intel can't provide updates for systems or motherboards from other manufacturers.
    The Intel SA-00125 Detection tool is available in Download Center to assist customers in determining if systems are vulnerable to this issue.

Find support for related products

Active Products

Intel® Management Engine
    SOURCE: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...-software.html

:)

Grom0X, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Intel Converged Security Management Engine (Intel CSME) 11.x issue

Source: INTEL-SA-00118

Brink, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices

Source: Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices Surface

Brink, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine

Intel Management Engine

What is Intel Management Engine Components. I have a Dell Precision Tower 7910 and Laptop Precision 7710. they have the Intel Management Engine Components installed. I am running Win 10. I am not on a corporate network.

The Intel Management Engine Components also installs Intel Security Assist.

There is no program to run for these.

rinconmike, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine

1. Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine - Similar Threads - Intel® Converged Security

2. Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components: I have recently checked that "Intel Management Engine Components" Actually an app is taking up about 432MB, should I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-intel-management-engine-components/befdb09a-1992-4397-8a92-852668fcbaf5
  3. intel management engine not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel management engine not working: Intel R management not working and my laptop shuts down by itself after 20 mins. Ive tried updating, it said its in the newest version i tried uninstalling and deleting and it still doesnt work. Laptop still shuts down. Ive tried getting cleaning the insides for dusting...
  4. Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Management Engine Interface Driver: I needed to flatten and re-install Windows 10 64bit earlier this week due to a virus. I am seeing the following issue in Device Manager regardingIntel Management Engine Interface Driver. I went to the INTEL support page and downloaded and tried to install 2 separate files...
  5. driver Intel Management Engine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    driver Intel Management Engine: in windows update ... drive and install ..show this drive Intel - System - 4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM - 14.28.47.630 after download .. show blue screen please remove this drive of windows update ... drive and install Dump File : 100320-24000-01.dmp Crash Time :...
  6. How to uninstall Intel Management Engine

How to uninstall Intel Management Engine: Hi guys, Need help of uninstall this driver. at first i try to upgrade the driver only notice this error come out. here the log. how i repair or download the latest still cant uninstall. https://1drv.ms/u/s!An0ZMBfzr4vXoHd0M4zlm1Iuk3mr?e=GJuGya ***Original title:...
  7. UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...: Kaspersky Password Manager Create a strong password for your account Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass...
  8. Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue: Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass Intel® CSME anti-replay protection, thus allowing potential brute force...
  9. Intel Converged Security Management Engine (Intel CSME) 11.x issue

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Converged Security Management Engine (Intel CSME) 11.x issue: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00118 Product family: Intel® CSME Impact of vulnerability: Elevation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release: 07/10/2018 Last revised: 07/10/2018 Summary: In an effort to continuously improve the robustness of the Intel® Converged Security...
  10. Intel Management Engine

Intel Management Engine: What is Intel Management Engine Components. I have a Dell Precision Tower 7910 and Laptop Precision 7710. they have the Intel Management Engine Components installed. I am running Win 10. I am not on a corporate network. The Intel Management Engine Components also installs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine benefit