Windows 10: Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend

Discus and support Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem... Before anyone asks why I'm using such old hardware, I do have a PC that's considerably more up to date,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KomputerKid, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem...

Before anyone asks why I'm using such old hardware, I do have a PC that's considerably more up to date, this machine is just my backup and it works fine anyways except for a small issue where the computer instantly starts back up after shutting down or suspending. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this issue, and if they've had similar problems?

Things I have tried:
    1. Performed a BIOS update to the latest, no avail.
    2. Removed the ethernet connection, again no avail.
    3. Checked that ethernet wake on LAN was set to disabled in BIOS, it was, but again no avail.
    4. Cutting power from PSU by switching the PSU off. That works, but it's tacky and I would like to be able to turn it off and on from the front power button...

Specs of the PC:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700
    Intel DG41TY Motherboard
    4 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM
    AMD R7 350
    350 Watt PSU
    250 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    Windows 10 Pro

Does anyone have any solutions to this?

:)

KomputerKid, Mar 4, 2017

2. Computer shuts down instead of suspending

I have a reasonably powerful computer, with 6 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v2 @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, processors and a total of 12 cores, on an Intel board. This computer has been running Linux until recently, when I installed Windows 10 64bits. Now it happens
    that the computer, instead of suspending, shuts down.

jjgarciaripoll, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Computer stuck on shut down

My computer upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a week and a half ago, and everything seemed to be working well. Tuesday night I shut down the machine before going to bed. I was surprised Wednesday
    morning when it was still shutting down. It is now Saturday morning, and it has not completed shutting down. I have shut off the computer after it had been stuck in "shutting down" mode for a while by holding the power button for 10 seconds, left it for a
    considerable period of time, turned it on only to find that it had resumed its "shutting down" mode. I have unplugged it, only to have it resume shutting down upon restart. Computer is unusable. Suggestions?

DerekMereweather, Mar 4, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend

Boot into Setup (Bios) look for Power Management, make any changes here that are necessary.

spunk, Mar 4, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Boot into Setup (Bios) look for Power Management, make any changes here that are necessary. Also go to Start/Search and type Power Options and press enter. Click on Change plan settings/Choose Advanced Power settings. Here you can make changes as well .

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend

1. Intel DG41TY, computer resumes instantly after shut down or suspend - Similar Threads - Intel DG41TY computer

2. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  3. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  4. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  5. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  6. My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.: Someone help me pkease https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-instantly-turns-on-after-i-shut-it-down/4de14ecd-2548-4396-8426-108f160d78c8
  7. My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.

My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.: Someone help me pkease https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-instantly-turns-on-after-i-shut-it-down/4de14ecd-2548-4396-8426-108f160d78c8
  8. Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot resume bitlocker after CU suspends it: This happens to many hundreds of our enterprise devices every month, after a cumulative update is installed on Windows. Bitlocker becomes suspended for multiple reboots. Ultimately, I'd like to solve the root of the problem by eliminating the suspension over several reboots....
  9. Resume/Suspend Process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resume/Suspend Process: In task manager I suspended a few processes, but when I tried to resume them it wouldn't allow me to. Like, nothing happened, I tried to restart, and many other solutions, but nothing happened. Any other solutions or tips?...
  10. Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when...