Windows 10: Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner

Discus and support Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Several years ago I wrote an article about how a glitch in Intel driver manages to show flickering and artification to proud owners of PCs and laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner

Several years ago I wrote an article about how a glitch in Intel driver manages to show flickering and artification to proud owners of PCs and laptops of 4th and 5th Generation of Intel(R) HD Graphics Family even in dual GPUs setups .

The flickering would still happen in laptops of dual GPUs setups for said contained GPUs even on using the high performance GPU which lead to several false problems diagnosed that never resolved directed at the wrong GPU where its known that in dual setups usually the Intel GPU remain in charge of display but not rendering so this display glitch may carry on to other GPUs in that case .

People asking support from both Intel and Microsoft were faced by the sad slogan "Seems your card is failing , is about time to upgrade" .

Now despite you would get that response on support requests , Intel managed to silently produce a beta driver with version 4474 in 2016 and to mark that this driver solve an O.S glitch that is not of their make where the O.S (We are talking Windows 10 here but they were walking on a thin wire there in their remarks so Microsoft won't backfire at which) manages to alternate between interlaced and same non-interlaced resolution in a fast pace without a reason .

The fix as described in manual of the driver manages to set the value of a flag in registry settings of the driver to 1 in code of the driver and not in registry which would disable the interlaced modes in system so as claimed the O.S can't find them to alternate between them .

The driver had not been updated since 2016 and the flag even if edited on all newly produced drivers in registry wouldn't fix the problem what so ever , so either people had to work with flickering or stay with an outdated driver .

Intel managed to stop producing more drivers for the 4th and 5th generations of GPUs back in 2018 marking the beginning to legacy out the GPUs with the problem still persistent on the final driver .

Now finally and out of the blue all manufacturers had been revising their GPUs control panels because of Administrator Privilege glitch first spotted on Nvidia drivers then the rest followed (Where business laptops that usually are denied administrator's privileges were either infected by group policy corrupting viruses or had patches to allow them to escalate their user privileges to install or disable features they were not allowed to) that lead Intel to release yet another update to 4th & 5th Gen of drivers despite being left out for 2 years just to wash their hands of Administrator Privilege claim .

The driver had no improvement what so ever to its predecessor if not a slight slow down yet however they managed to implement the 4474 flicker fix in which .

So basically even with the slight performance loss this driver is still far better than the 4474 version that is 4 years old .

And to note that its unlikely Intel may release any further drivers for these generations of GPUs so to all those who got stuck with 4474 till date this may seem like a driver to hold on to after all those days of suffering , so feel safe to upgrade !

Cheers
    *Cool

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 28, 2020

2. Switch from PC manufacturer to Intel driver

Between several different helpful replies, I was able to successfully install the Intel driver, so thank you all for the help. *Cool

I am confused though by the driver version that Device Manager is now showing. This is the driver that I downloaded and installed: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...15-40-4th-Gen-

I believe that is the correct driver as it is for a Windows 10 64-bit machine with a 4th gen Core processor and HD 4400 graphics. The driver version listed there is 15.40.10.64.4300. However, after installing the driver, Device Manager lists the version as 20.19.15.4300. Does anyone know why that would be?

TeeJay3800, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    4th 5th 6th 7th Gen Intel Core CPU Firmware Authentication Bypass

Source: INTEL-SA-00152

Brink, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner

4th 5th 6th 7th Gen Intel Core CPU Firmware Authentication Bypass

Source: INTEL-SA-00152

Brink, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner

1. Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner - Similar Threads - Intel Driver 5126

2. About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?: Dear Sir/madam, How's things?,According to Microsoft's expert opinions through their websites are saying whoever has a 5th/6th Gen. Intel or lower should not even attempt to download and install Windows 11 legally or illegally ,as errors will emerge/show up ?,because Windows...
  3. About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?: Dear Sir/madam, How's things?,According to Microsoft's expert opinions through their websites are saying whoever has a 5th/6th Gen. Intel or lower should not even attempt to download and install Windows 11 legally or illegally ,as errors will emerge/show up ?,because Windows...
  4. "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?: Downloaded the W11 Media Creation tool.Set BIOS accordingly and all installed successfully.All updates and Optional Updates installed successfully.All previously had W10 activated and all successfully activated with a W11 Digital License.They all run like a bolt of lightning,...
  5. "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Fresh" W11 installed on 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th gen CPU systems?: Downloaded the W11 Media Creation tool.Set BIOS accordingly and all installed successfully.All updates and Optional Updates installed successfully.All previously had W10 activated and all successfully activated with a W11 Digital License.They all run like a bolt of lightning,...
  6. 4th 5th 6th 7th Gen Intel CPU Insecure Handling BIOS & AMT Passwords

in Windows 10 News
    4th 5th 6th 7th Gen Intel CPU Insecure Handling BIOS & AMT Passwords: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00160 Product family: 4th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor (Haswell), 5th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor (Broadwell), 6th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor (Skylake), and 7th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor (Kaby Lake) Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity...
  7. 4th 5th 6th 7th Gen Intel Core CPU Firmware Authentication Bypass

in Windows 10 News
    4th 5th 6th 7th Gen Intel Core CPU Firmware Authentication Bypass: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00152 Product family: 4th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor, 5th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor, 6th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor, and 7th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release: 07/10/2018...
  8. Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC: I installed Windows 10 Pro on an Intel NUC5i3RYH. In the UEFI settings I enabled Secure Boot, enabled UEFI boot and disabled Legacy Boot, yet in Windows 10 System Information it still says Secure Boot State: Off. Is there something else I need to do to get Secure Boot...
  9. Tearing / Artifacts on Intel HD Graphics Family 4th & 5th Gen A Fact

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Tearing / Artifacts on Intel HD Graphics Family 4th & 5th Gen A Fact: There is a problem with people fiddling about with Graphics drivers on Laptops with dual Graphics. Many examples on here. Mine is HD 4600 with Nvidia graphics. I have just left it to Windows updates and have no problems such as that. There was a brief period after the 1709...
  10. Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th

in Windows 10 News
    Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th: JrOb84MetfQ Newest Processors Deliver Premium Performance, with a Boost in Frame Rate of up to 25% Gen over Gen NEWS HIGHLIGHTS New 8th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors and Intel® Z370 chipset are perfect for gamers, content creators and overclockers with a range...