Windows 10: Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

Discus and support Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm having this issue recently where Intel UHD graphics 630 keeps showing up under display drivers. I have a maximus xi hero motherboard and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Urbwolf, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Urbwolf Win User

Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

I'm having this issue recently where Intel UHD graphics 630 keeps showing up under display drivers. I have a maximus xi hero motherboard and have disabled the onboard graphics, I have uninstalled, disabled and used a driver cleaner but it keeps coming back. When i restart my computer my icons are all over the place the screen goes black then comes back with icons in correct place but then the uhd graphics is reinstalled or enabled.. This is getting annoying.. For some reason in heaven benchmark i went from 4565 to 3800 and it shows both graphics cards....
    Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu [​IMG]

:)

Urbwolf, Jan 6, 2020
  2. JulianKik Win User

Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Software is not using dedicated GPU

This is a trial and error step.

It may or may not work.

Typically Windows will install default Microsoft drivers if the Intel GPU drivers are uninstalled.

The performance is better with computer manufacturer drivers if it were the only device.

If you can disable the Intel GPU then maybe only the Nvidia GPU would be in use.

There was no BIOS setting.

Open device manager > click view > click show hidden devices > expand display adapters > look for the Intel GPU > right click disable device

See if this then forces the use of Nvidia GPU for the software.

questions_, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu

1. Intel driver keeps installing with a dedicated gpu - Similar Threads - Intel driver keeps

2. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  3. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  4. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  6. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  7. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  8. Dedicated GPU completely gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated GPU completely gone: For a while I've been getting bluescreens with the code VIDEO TDR FAILURE nlvddmkm.sys sometimes it let me use window for few minutes, sometimes not at all, in a desperate attempt to fix it I reinstalled nvidia gpu from safe mode. After restarting my laptop i checked the...
  9. Minecraft on dedicated GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft on dedicated GPU?: Hello everyone. I recently installed TLauncher - cracked Minecraft (Java edition). But I want to play it on dedicated gpu. I tried so many things but nothing changed. Mine integrated gpu is "overclocked" to 200mhz so the performance for gaming is shitty. I want to play it on...
  10. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...