Windows 10: Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ...

Discus and support Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Latest Intel Driver & Support Assistant 20.4.17.5 - fails to scan the system and shows a red message: "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fg2001gf10F, May 11, 2020.

1. Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ...

Latest Intel Driver & Support Assistant 20.4.17.5 - fails to scan the system and shows a red message:
    "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan."

This started failing a few weeks ago April 2020, apparently it cannot scan Intel RST 14.8.16.1063 anymore even if it is the latest available for the DELL XPS 8700.This used to work fine before and DSA was stating that the Intel RST was up to date and it has been installed for over 2 years without causing this issue.
    Something has changed in the latest Intel DSA and it fails the scan unless I uninstall Intel RST.
    This seems like a bug added recently, what was changed ? Is there a newer version of Intel DSA to fix this bug ?
    Tried with different Windows versions and builds and fails even after a clean install of windows.
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Build 18363.815 and also insider builds 19041.208 and 19624.1000 with the same results.

Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ... [​IMG]

:)

fg2001gf10F, May 11, 2020
  2. ap1978 Win User

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant 19.9.38.6

Changelog:

• Improved device and driver detection.
    • General bug fixes and improvements.
    Download

ap1978, May 11, 2020
  3. Latest Intel Driver & Support Assistant v. 3.2.0.9

In September 2017, the Intel® Driver Update Utility (Intel® DUU) transitioned to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) to improve functionality and enhance support.

What is the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?

It's a restructured version of the previous Intel® Driver Update Utility.

Improvements allow it to:

• Easily identify drivers installed by Intel and third-parties

• List available driver updates

• Scan for system and device information to assist with customer support troubleshooting

• Host the main interface on the Intel Support website

• Provide integrated support

• Combine several Intel support tools into one location

• Intel® Driver Update Utility, Intel® System Identification Utility, and Intel® System Support Utility

• Provide links to other support information

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Neil Macready, May 11, 2020
  4. Harley51 Win User

Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ...

Intel Driver & Support Assistant Update Failure

I'm running A Sony Vaio with Windows 10 Build 1803. Intel HD Grapics 4000 Ver: 10.18.10.4885. When I run the tray app it says there's an update for Intel Driver & Support Assistant. I click on download and I get this

Harley51, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ...

1. Intel Driver & Support Assistant - Sorry, something went wrong ... - Similar Threads - Intel Driver Support

2. Intel Driver And Support Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver And Support Assistant: I saw green dots on intel driver and support assistant in taskbar. What it means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver-and-support-assistant/8d53bb85-3576-43d5-918c-61760ebd87a5
  3. Intel Driver And Support Assistant

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Driver And Support Assistant: I saw green dots on intel driver and support assistant in taskbar. What it means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver-and-support-assistant/8d53bb85-3576-43d5-918c-61760ebd87a5
  4. Intel Driver And Support Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intel Driver and Support Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Driver and Support Assistant: Intel driver and support assistant is not opening because i use system restore tool. How to make it open back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver-and-support-assistant/1de7e7f3-e178-4dc7-aa41-b421f2132b10
  6. Intel Driver and Support Assistant

Intel Driver and Support Assistant: Intel driver and support assistant is not opening because i use system restore tool. How to make it open back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver-and-support-assistant/1de7e7f3-e178-4dc7-aa41-b421f2132b10
  7. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera: Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work. I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry...
  8. search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong...": Every search I do in Chrome does not do the search but issues message "sorry something went wrong at our end..." I open a new tab and the message is repeated. I've cleared browsing data, reset settings. No joy. Any suggestions? Thanks. SweetTasha....
  9. intel driver and support assistant

intel driver and support assistant: when im scanning my laptop it is saying my nvidia graphics card is offline but then on the next line it is saying working perfectly ???? nvidia gforce gtx 1050 and on my itel graphics its showing as working and running at full power intel hd graphics 630 but in...
  10. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel dsa Sorry something went wrong while trying to scan.