Windows 10: Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime.

Discus and support Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The intel assistant says there is a more advanced driver update. I install it. After two days, windows reinstalls an older version of the driver, more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VanessaDos, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime.

The intel assistant says there is a more advanced driver update. I install it. After two days, windows reinstalls an older version of the driver, more than a year old.This has happened over and over for MONTHS. I have tried by removing all driver versions to get it back to basic windows to install the new, and once again windows reinstalled the old intel driver.I do not know what to do. It is giving me a lot of trouble on the screen.

:)

VanessaDos, Aug 24, 2021
  2. rui.jorge Win User

WIndows update removes recent driver from intel/laptop manufacturer and installs old version

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think it's related to other software.

When I noticed this behavior I decided to test installing a clean version of windows, erasing everything and only installing the drivers provided by asus. After this procedure, and before installing any software, I start windows update. And it's when windows
    update removes recommended /approved /official (you get it) asus driver for intel hd520.

If I repeat the same procedure (format, clean install) but instead of choosing the
    recommended /approved /official (you get it) asus driver, I choose to install intel official driver for h520, the moment I start windows update, it will remove intel official driver and install an old one.

Basically windows thinks the old driver it's better than intel's or the driver optimized from the manufacturer's...This happens on clean windows installation, with no software installed. Just drivers from asus and whatever windows update installs. I
    even used a tool from Microsoft "show or hide updates", but windows update ignores Microsoft toll and install that old driver anyway.

This doesn't happen with other drivers. If I install a more recent version of other drivers, windows update doesn't force itself to remove them and install outdated drivers.

My next step will be (that is not recommended) "deny to automatically download from manufactures apps and custom icons", despite this is not being cause by the manufactures but by windows update.

EDIT: about the errors. I don't get any errors. I keep uninstalling the old driver, install the new driver and automatically windows update starts to download the old driver, removes the new driver and installs the old drive, in the background.

rui.jorge, Aug 24, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 24, 2021
  4. Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime.

Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime.

1. Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime. - Similar Threads - Intel driver updating

2. Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...: Hi,I'm getting mad at this. Windows Update keeps re-installing a very old version of my Intel Display driver :I can manually update it, but it keeps rolling back anyway a few days later.I have Windows 10 pro which allows me to use the group policy editor. I've tried to setup...
  3. Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...: Hi,I'm getting mad at this. Windows Update keeps re-installing a very old version of my Intel Display driver :I can manually update it, but it keeps rolling back anyway a few days later.I have Windows 10 pro which allows me to use the group policy editor. I've tried to setup...
  4. Windows Update keeps reinstalling an old Intel Display driver, even with the group policy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  6. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  7. Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update: Intel has a new graphics driver version 30.0.101.1994 available for my laptop. After installing it from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, Microsoft Update says there's an Intel graphics driver update available which is version 30.0.101.1404. Apparently, Intel has not...
  8. Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update

Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update: Intel has a new graphics driver version 30.0.101.1994 available for my laptop. After installing it from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, Microsoft Update says there's an Intel graphics driver update available which is version 30.0.101.1404. Apparently, Intel has not...
  9. Intel driver version conflict with Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Old Windows version to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Windows version to reinstall?: Hello Good Question Members. I have had the problem for a few weeks that I can't reset Windows 10 normally. And unfortunately I don't have the money or the known with a USB stick over 8 GB at the moment. Now my question: Can I also download a Windows 8 ISO file, drag it to a...