Windows 10: Intel drivers causing windows to bsod

Discus and support Intel drivers causing windows to bsod in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using msautoruns to get rid of useless startup programs, when i found three startup files from intel. Intel Rapid Storage Technology... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cerawy, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Cerawy Win User

Intel drivers causing windows to bsod

I was using msautoruns to get rid of useless startup programs, when i found three startup files from intel.

• Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprisedriver
    • Intel Rapid Storage Technology EnterpriseFilter driver
    • Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Switch Driver
    why are these so important that they causes windows to bsod if i disable them, and do i really need them to start up with windows?

:)

Cerawy, Feb 22, 2021
  2. GuyDor Win User

wdiwifi.sys and hal.sys cause BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Win 10

Hi Radney,

Tnx for reply.

So you suggest to run verifier on WiFi driver ?

What should I expect to get? will it create a report or cause a BSOD?

Do you suggest taking the following path in verifier?

Create standard setting -> select driver name from a list ->

than choose only the Intel Wifi driver OR only wdiwifi from microsoft OR both ?

Tnx

Guy

GuyDor, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 22, 2021
  4. gaucho Win User

BSOD - iaStorAC.sys driver is ALWAYS THE CAUSE - HOW TO DELETE??

Hello all, I didn't see a similar post anywhere on this particular BSOD issue. So forgive me for a possible duplicate post.

COMPUTER SPECIFICS:

- Windows 10 Home
    - HP ENVY 360
    - 8 GB RAM
    - 64 bit OS and processor
    - Intel Core i5 processor (7th Generation) --**Although in my IDE Controllers driver list it still lists a 6th Generation Intel**
    - I don't use any other type of AVS except Windows Defender.

WHAT HAPPENS:
    - BSOD giving me a stopcode error: MEMORY MANAGEMENT
    - ONLY happens when I am watching a video on the Windows 10 default "Movies & TV" video app.
    - There are NO OTHER BSOD stopcode errors, its always the same one.
    - It happens with and without having any browsers or any other significant applications open.

WHAT I HAVE DONE:
    - Deleted/disabled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program and service
    - Disabled the service associated with this IRST.
    - Deleted TWO folders in the Windows/System 32/DriverStore/File Repository that included this 'iaStorAC.sys' file!!!!!

Screenshot of dump is attached
    Intel drivers causing windows to bsod [​IMG]

You see that the crash happened three times on this particular day and every time it's the same driver cause. I've deleted this driver from everywhere on the computer that I know of....

WHAT ELSE - WHERE ELSE DOES THIS DRIVER FILE EXIST....?!?!?

Or what does someone else suggest is the problem?

Thank you!

gaucho, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Intel drivers causing windows to bsod - Similar Threads - Intel drivers causing

2. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  3. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  4. Intel SCSI 17.11.0.1000 driver causing BSOD problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel SCSI 17.11.0.1000 driver causing BSOD problem: I own an Asus Vivobook X509JB. I have been having a BSOD problem for three weeks, and I have tried almost all the solutions I found over the internet. I recently clean installed Windows 11 on my device, and BSOD occurred again within an hour or two.So I analysed the minidump...
  5. Intel SCSI 17.11.0.1000 driver causing BSOD problem

Intel SCSI 17.11.0.1000 driver causing BSOD problem: I own an Asus Vivobook X509JB. I have been having a BSOD problem for three weeks, and I have tried almost all the solutions I found over the internet. I recently clean installed Windows 11 on my device, and BSOD occurred again within an hour or two.So I analysed the minidump...
  6. BSOD with intel driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with intel driver: Hi I recently purchased the razer stealth notebook, and run into a bsod after installing docker with bios virtualization enabled. when i turn it off it works fine but no docker, when i disable the generic intel driver and only use the nvidia graphics driver it's very laggy....
  7. BSOD with intel driver

BSOD with intel driver: Hi I recently purchased the razer stealth notebook, and run into a bsod after installing docker with bios virtualization enabled. when i turn it off it works fine but no docker, when i disable the generic intel driver and only use the nvidia graphics driver it's very laggy....
  8. Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver: Hello,For the past several months, I've had constant BSoDs caused whenever my Intel Graphics Driver is activated, I get different error messages everytime but the ones I can remember are VIDEO_TDR_MEMORY_FAILURE, dxgkrnl.sys, DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR might not be exactly...
  9. Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Driver Causing Windows BSOD: Hello, Having an issue that is exacerbated by the game ARMA III. From time to time I will get random BSOD, but when playing ARMA III it is amplified and I get them more for some reason. Ran sfc and found nothing and then did driver verified steps from here:...
  10. Driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver causing BSOD: Im not sure what driver is causing it, so I was hoping someone could take a look at my dump files who knows what they are looking at. My specs are included in the folder. Thanks in advance for any help....