Windows 10: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

Discus and support Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, first of all, thank you for reading my post. I got a massive problem with my Intel AC 7260 Wireless Adapter in my Alienware Area 51 R2. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by felyyy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. felyyy Win User

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

Hey guys,

first of all, thank you for reading my post. I got a massive problem with my Intel AC 7260 Wireless Adapter in my Alienware Area 51 R2.

For some reason, after nearly 3 years of constant performance and no hardware problems at all, the WiFi card of my Area 51 keeps losing Internet Connection.

The strange part is, that the connection to my router is still intact, but the Internet access gets crossed out red. I also have a notebook, an iMac and an iPhone connected in the same network and every device works just fine.

To proof furthermore that my router works just fine, I tested LAN connection on the Area 51 and there are no connections drops at all.

Back to WiFi Connection: I searched in some forums and there are some people who seem to have the same problem like me. For example: Alienware Forum - Killer wifi keeps losing internet connection

What I already tried was:

• installed latest driver from KillerNetworking (v.1.6.2149) x64
    • installed latest driver from Intel 20.70.0.4 for AC 7260
    • deactivated and activated Wifi Card in device manager
    • deactivated IPv6 (altough it worked 3 years with IPv6 settings on)
    • Power Management -> disabled "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

To make it as understandable as possible, I'll try to list a scheme of the problem:

1. WiFi Connection is "stable"

2. Suddenly the current application stucks because the PC has no connection to the Internet. After 10 secs, the WiFi symbol gets crossed out. Windows displays that I'm still connected to the router, but there is no Internet connection. (every other device is still connected and has internet connection though)

3. For 1 sec, the crossed out WiFi symbol changes to a crossed out Ethernet connection Symbol (like I had a LAN cable connected, with connection to the router, but not Internet connection)

4. And 5 secs later, the WiFi symbol pops up again and the Internet connection is back again.

5. Repeat multiple times a day

I can confirm that the connection drops are not coming more frequently when the download/upload-traffic is high. The connection drops in an idle state on the desktop of Windows as well.

Do you have any ideas? Do you think it's a hardware defect?

Keep up the good work!

Best regards from Germany,

Felix

:)

felyyy, Aug 28, 2018

2. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 wifi adaptor frequent connection drops and very unstable

I am having Windows 10 on my HP Desktop CTO machine(Intel Quad Core i7 with 32 GB RAM, 4 GB NVidia Graphics Card). I have the latest device driver for my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 wifi adapter but even after that I keep on getting connection drops.

Even when you are on one website and navigates from one page to another page - i will get the message "Network change has been detected". This is happening almost 10-15 times in an hour. I disconnect and reconnect but no solution. All other devices - other
    HP Desktop, laptops, tablets, roku, XBox are working fine except this desktop(even when it is nearest to the wifi adaptpr) and getting 78% strength.

Followed everything-installing and un-installing the drivers but no success.

Downloaded this from here:

Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

The same wifi works so well in Ubuntu Linux - never got any issue.

Help me please. thanks in advance.

AshutoshSharma, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Wifi constantly dropping out - Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 network adapter

Purchased a new HP Envy laptop 2 years ago. It came with Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 network adapter. From day one the wireless dropped out on numerous routers. The machine has been replaced twice by Computer World but I've had the same problem
    with each machine. Any suggestions?

CHRIS CALLOW, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

Windows 10 Intel Wireless-AC 7260 driver requires further installation.

To all,

For what it's worth, there were updated drivers issued, ironically enough, on 10/16/17 for the Intel 7260 card (wireless and Bluetooth).

Here is a link to the page, you can narrow your search criteria on the page:

Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Good Luck,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

1. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection - Similar Threads - Intel Dual Band

2. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem: Hello, I am using intel dual band ac 7260 wifi card on my laptop hp pavilion 15 p053eu with windows 1064bit. I have latest drivers installed for this card. Wifi works fine but with bluetooth I have a problem. I can transfer files, but the signal strength is weak, connecting...
  3. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem: Hello, I am using intel dual band ac 7260 wifi card on my laptop hp pavilion 15 p053eu with windows 1064bit. I have latest drivers installed for this card. Wifi works fine but with bluetooth I have a problem. I can transfer files, but the signal strength is weak, connecting...
  4. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter keeps disconnecting and is experiencing problems

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter keeps disconnecting and is experiencing problems: [IMG]Some users are experiencing errors after downloading an update for the wireless LAN driver. They find that their Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter is experiencing problems. In this guide, we will explain some easy ways to fix the error. What is Intel Dual Band...
  6. Intel dual band wireless AC-8265

Intel dual band wireless AC-8265: My intel wirelsss card is not working verified that drivers are up to date. I get code 10 error device cannor start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-8265/1d2891d7-66e6-4118-ae42-d247295d2b9d
  7. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: First of all Hello. when ı connect to wifi, watching games and movies, mostly no internet. Or out of wifi. I tried everything but couldn't find a solution, PLEASE HELPPP...
  8. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260: I ran some Windows updates and it made it so that my Bluetooth didn't work. In the adapter info it shows that there is Bluetooth capability, but when I try to connect to a Bluetooth device it acts like I don't have a Bluetooth adapter. This happened on two Sony Tap 11...
  9. Intel dual band wireless ac 7260 unable to turn wifi on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel dual band wireless ac 7260 unable to turn wifi on: I recently decided to upgrade the wifi for my HP envy dv4 laptop. It came with an intel centrino wireless n 2230 which is capped at less than half my normal download speed. I made sure to uninstall the drivers for the 2230 before putting in the newer 7260. I also made...
  10. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: I bought this card for my Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop early last year when a Windows creator's update caused my original WI-FI card to no longer work. Back then I tried this one and it had the problem of showing no WI-FI networks even though I am 5 feet from my router which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 7260 constantly dropping

2. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 dropping

3. problems with intel 7260 wifi card

4. intel ac-7260 drops connections,
  5. Intel 7260 drops