Windows 10: Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start

Discus and support Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell XPS8900 Tried everything I could; Uninstall/reinstall, Network Reset, Rebooting router, checked cable feed is fine,. Finally reinstalled windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zenlama_Ahora, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start

Dell XPS8900 Tried everything I could; Uninstall/reinstall, Network Reset, Rebooting router, checked cable feed is fine,. Finally reinstalled windows. Nothing has worked?

:)

Zenlama_Ahora, Apr 18, 2019

2. Unable to Re-add Ethernet Adaptor in Internet Options

Hi,

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my ethernet connection showed as 'Limited'. I followed advice from this forum to uninstall and reinstall the adaptor (it's the Realtek Family Controller one) but since uninstalling it I now can't re-add
    it.

The device still shows in my Control Panel under Network adaptors, and tells me the drivers are up to date and it is functioning correctly. If I remove it from that menu then it will re-appear, so is definitely being detected by Windows.

Despite it being listed in Control Panel, when I go into my Internet options it is not listed as a device, so I'm unable to set up a connection with it. If I try to scan in 'Add Devices' it tells me no devices are found. I've downloaded the Realtek drivers
    for the adaptor but can't install them because I get an error saying the device isn't plugged in (but as mentioned, a Windows scan for drivers shows they are up to date anyway).

It's causing a major issue because I have licenses for music software which need the ethernet connection to validate (the wi-fi connection means it's being treated as a different device so invalidates these licenses) so I really need to figure out how to
    sort it out very soon.

How do I get Windows 10 to add this adaptor to my internet options so that I can connect with it again?

Please help, thankyou,

Keith

KeithThorburn, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Unable to Re-add Ethernet Adaptor in Internet Options

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Polo6RGTI Win User

Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start

Polo6RGTI, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start

1. Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start - Similar Threads - Intel Ethernet adaptor

2. delayed adaptor start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delayed adaptor start: Hello — I been running win 10 on all of my computers and when I noticed the alert that 22H2 was available for download I installed it on the first of my computers. The first was a laptop, but it connected to my home network via an ethernet cable. I was surprised that it was...
  3. delayed adaptor start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delayed adaptor start: Hello — I been running win 10 on all of my computers and when I noticed the alert that 22H2 was available for download I installed it on the first of my computers. The first was a laptop, but it connected to my home network via an ethernet cable. I was surprised that it was...
  4. delayed adaptor start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't change Ethernet Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Ethernet Adaptor: I can't Change ethernet Adaptor setting on windows 10. I need to set manual IP but did not open. Un expected error window pop only whenever i click on properties for IP setting . I run also troubleshooting but didn't found any issue...
  6. Can't change Ethernet Adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Ethernet Adaptor: I can't Change ethernet Adaptor setting on windows 10. I need to set manual IP but did not open. Un expected error window pop only whenever i click on properties for IP setting . I run also troubleshooting but didn't found any issue...
  7. Can't change Ethernet Adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor

Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor: Hi All, Here's the topology. End user is authenticated via clearpass and routed through Checkpoint which performs L3 Routing and DHCP replay. AD is configured with DNS name "abc.com.sg" and DNS Server ip 5.5.5.5.When user gets authenticated, and connected to Lan, the ethernet...
  9. Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and started having issues with my Ethernet adaptor. Periodically my internet connection just stops and then returns after about 5 seconds. While watching the Ethernet performance tab on the Task Manager, when the issue happens the tab...
  10. Intel Ethernet Adaptor (2)1219-v Not starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Ethernet Adaptor (2)1219-v Not starting: I have a Dell XPS8900 windows 10 I have tried as many solutions as I could: Uninstalled/reinstalled latest driver, Net Reset, Router Reboot, Cables check out fine, Troubleshooter, Say's no problems found, Device manager properties: Cannot Start? Any suggestions or experiences...