Windows 10: Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

Discus and support Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so my office dual monitor pc setup has been up and running for years, with the "main display" (#1) always showing on the correct monitor, regardless if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Feb 22, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

so my office dual monitor pc setup has been up and running for years, with the "main display" (#1) always showing on the correct monitor, regardless if the other display (extended #2) is on, off, or set to different resolutions, it's always been rock solid, i.e. main display (#1) content always displays on the main display (#1), while extended display content (extended #2) always shows on the second display.

unfortunately things aren't running quite as smoothly on my new dual monitor setup, the extended display (#2) will often take over the main display (#1), depending on if if the second display is on, off, or set to a new resolution.

i noticed that with my new setup the intel graphics settings are different than the windows display settings - if i make display #1 the "main display" in the windows display settings it shows as display #2 in the intel graphics settings, and when i make display #1 the "main display" in the intel graphics settings it shows as display #2 in the windows display settings, weird.

i also noticed that the intel graphics on my new setup has more options under display than my old setup, including multiple display options (no doubt the drivers are newer on my new setup given the newer integrated graphics chip).

so i'm wondering, do the intel graphics settings override the windows display settings? the more i play around with the settings it appears that the prob may not exist if i ignore the windows display settings and just use the intel graphics settings?

new intel graphics settings:

Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays? chrome-2019-02-22-05-30-48.png

old intel graphics settings:

Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays? Gfxv4-0-2019-02-22-05-31-10.png

:)

aeneas1, Feb 22, 2019

2. Intel HD Graphics Display Driver Windows 10

Hi Harpinder;

First, I want to thank you for replying and offering a possible solution to this problem. It is appreciated.

Second, don't assume that I didn't follow instructions or that I don't use web search (google/bing). I do. I use it heavily.

Third, the solution and instructions given did NOT work for me. No matter what I did - including extracting the Intel drivers and pointing the update drivers action to the extracted folder - I could not get the update to install. It always gave me the
    "you have the latest drivers" response. However, you did prompt me to think about another process I might try...

Forth, what did work for me is this...

• Download the Intel HD5000 drivers from this location. It is OK just to download the exe. But do NOT run the installer... just save it: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]
    • Open Device Manager
    • Open properties for Display Adapters > Intel HD Graphics 5000
    • Click Driver tab and then Uninstall button.
    • In the uninstall confirmation box, click the checkbox to "Delete the driver software for this device"
    • Click OK to proceed with the delete. The system will need to restart, and when it does it will come up with the Microsoft Basic Display driver listed in the Device Manager > Display Adapters.
    • Do NOT run scan for new hardware.
    • Run the Intel HD5000 driver installer that was downloaded in step #1.

Those are the steps that worked for me. It would be great to hear feedback on the steps that worked for others.

Norm Sash-ns, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

Dual display glitches for different DPI settings

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers.
      • Right click on the Display drivers and select Properties
      • Click on the device tab and select Update driver.

Also try to install the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer website and check if the issue persists.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

1. Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays? - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics Display

2. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10: I have a high-end GPU and a old GPU on the same workstation Windows 10 Pro 21H2 With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the high-end GPU: high-end GPU 40% old GPU 15% Nice performance With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the old GPU: high-end GPU 25% old GPU...
  3. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10: I have a high-end GPU and a old GPU on the same workstation Windows 10 Pro 21H2 With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the high-end GPU: high-end GPU 40% old GPU 15% Nice performance With Main Display set to a monitor attached to the old GPU: high-end GPU 25% old GPU...
  4. Main Display with Two Graphics Cards - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?: Hi all,One of users with a brand new HP laptop is experiencing a problem that we have seen before.When she is using a web app inside Chrome and it needs to show a preview of PDF within the existing Chrome window, the preview is broken hard to read, fonts not rendering...
  6. PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?: Hi all,One of users with a brand new HP laptop is experiencing a problem that we have seen before.When she is using a web app inside Chrome and it needs to show a preview of PDF within the existing Chrome window, the preview is broken hard to read, fonts not rendering...
  7. PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters

Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters: Hello, I just built my first PC. I have a MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi mother board, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a WD Black 1 TB NVME M.2 hard drive. I also have a ASRock Radeon RX570 4 GB graphics card installed. I am running this with a brand new Windows 10...
  9. Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver: I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now. thanks....
  10. Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?: so my office dual monitor pc setup has been up and running for years, with the "main display" (#1) always showing on the correct monitor, regardless if the other display (extended #2) is on, off, or set to different resolutions, it's always been rock solid, i.e. main display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gfxv4 0