Windows 10: intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems

Discus and support intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop with intel 620 graphics and it will not recognize the october 2018 feature update 1809. I am aware that there was a audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michal 1973, Nov 20, 2018.

1. intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems

Hello,

I have a laptop with intel 620 graphics and it will not recognize the october 2018 feature update 1809.

I am aware that there was a audio driver issue with a recent intel graphics driver update.

My driver version is still 23.20.16.4973 that includes an old audio driver that is not effected by the feature update.

I know that I need a more recent intel driver for the feature update to proceed.

Should I wait until Intel releases a compatible video and audio driver for the 1809 update

through windows update?

MB

:)

Michal 1973, Nov 20, 2018

2. Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 20, 2018
  3. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2018
  4. tHoog Win User

intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems

Windows 10 April Update - Intel Graphics Driver problem

Hello,

I'm having a problem since I updated to the Windows 10 April 2018 update. When I try to open WPF applications, such as Visual Studio, I get nothing but a blank screen. This problem seems to have to do with the Windows 10 April update and the Intel HD Graphics
    drivers that are installed on my computer. The problem did not occur in version 1709 or any previous version. Visual Studio loads normally when I disable hardware acceleration in the Visual Studio settings, and other WPF apps load normally too when I disable
    hardware acceleration system-wide using a registry tweak. These applications also seem to work normally in safe mode. I also tried reinstalling, installing the latest version and installing the version from my laptop's manufacturer's website of the graphics
    driver, but nothing seems to work other than going back to version 1709 or using the registry tweak. I'm currently on version 1709 because I reverted back.

Is there a way I could solve this, or should I wait for this to be solved by Microsoft or Intel?

Laptop:

• HP Pavilion 15-p287nd
    • Intel Core i5-5200U with Intel HD Graphics 5500
    • Windows 10 x64 version 1709 (reverted back from 1803)
    Screenshots:

tHoog, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems

1. intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems - Similar Threads - intel graphics driver

2. Intel graphics driver 26.20.100.7926 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel graphics driver 26.20.100.7926 problems: Will Microsoft ever pull the intel graphics driver version 26.20.100.7926 causing flashing and going black for minutes. I have had this problem for long time since last year. I have to install intel’s least driver update from the intel website. I was just wondering will...
  3. Intel graphics driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel graphics driver problem: Hello. I have a thinkpad t440p. Recently I replaced its monitor and for a while everything was fine. After something went wrong with an update, and I reinstalled windows 10, I have had problems with the graphics driver. If I use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the laptop...
  4. Intel graphics driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel graphics driver problem: Hello. I have a thinkpad t440p. Recently I replaced its monitor and for a while everything was fine. After something went wrong with an update, and I reinstalled windows 10, I have had problems with the graphics driver. If I use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the laptop...
  5. Intel graphics driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Intel HD Graphics driver problem

Intel HD Graphics driver problem: My laptop isn't connected to any display, but it still getting connecting and disconnectingto unknown VGA monitor which i have seen from PC settings with display flickering and usb sound, this problem goes away when i disable intel hd graphics driver from device manager, and...
  7. windows feature update October 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows feature update October 2018: the windows feature update October 2018 thread is already closed but I got this update yesterday - e.g. in April 2019 - OK running cleaning program after this update 8707 fragments 540 registry entries 458 MB junk files nobody takes care about clearing after the work is...
  8. intel 3165 wifi driver not working fter october 2018 update

intel 3165 wifi driver not working fter october 2018 update: after I installed the October 2018 drivers update in my dell 5568 Vostro pc my wifi driver was unable to install after then is not installed yet . It is showing that the windows is still setting up the class configuration for the device. technical support is unable to help...
  9. Windows October 2018 update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows October 2018 update problems: I installed the above update and immediately experienced problems with processor at 100% most of the time. I uninstalled the feature update and in the process lost my settings and any specific windows apps. How do I fix???...
  10. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers: It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running. In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio...