Windows 10: Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help

Discus and support Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have a weird issue with my intel HD Graphics 620 drivers. Most times I turn on my laptop, I find that my brightness control in Windows 10 no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by zaarin2003, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help

Hi,

I have a weird issue with my intel HD Graphics 620 drivers.

Most times I turn on my laptop, I find that my brightness control in Windows 10 no longer works. The screen is dim and turning up the brightness control makes no difference. The fix I have found for this is to update the graphics adapter drivers. There are two drivers installed on my system:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 version 21.20.16.4550 (11/11/2016); and
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 version 23.20.16.4973 (28/02/2018)

Whenever I have the issue with the screen's brightness, I find that the 2016 driver is the current driver. If I change to the 2018 driver it fixes the problem. But restarting the PC seems to reinstall the 2016 driver without me asking.

How can I prevent this? I'd like to remove the 2016 driver completely!

Many thanks

Matt

:)

zaarin2003, Mar 27, 2019

2. Intel HD Graphics Driver

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to the outdated drivers of the Graphics display card.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would also suggest you to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    Refer:
    How to update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver keeps crashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you facing the issue on a local or the Microsoft user account?
    • Is the issue specific to Solitaire?

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a Driver Roll Back so that the driver goes back to the previous state and check if the issue is resolved.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device Manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Select Roll Back Driver.

If you still face the issue, uninstall and reinstall the driver and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Steps:-

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that
      and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help

1. Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help - Similar Threads - Intel graphics driver

2. Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...: Hi,So my laptop manufacturer is ASUS and it is loaded with integrated Intel UHD graphics as well as NVDIA dedicated graphics. I always like to keep my driver's up to date so that everything runs smoothly. Recently I thought of updating my Intel graphics driver of my new...
  3. Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 system update auto/manual keeps Intel Graphics driver update rolling back to...: Hi,So my laptop manufacturer is ASUS and it is loaded with integrated Intel UHD graphics as well as NVDIA dedicated graphics. I always like to keep my driver's up to date so that everything runs smoothly. Recently I thought of updating my Intel graphics driver of my new...
  4. intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel graphics drivers: why did updating my intel graphics driver cause my game to freeze and crash? how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-graphics-drivers/55e0356e-a2a4-4eb2-b4a7-ff1d80810055
  5. intel graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel graphics drivers: why did updating my intel graphics driver cause my game to freeze and crash? how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-graphics-drivers/55e0356e-a2a4-4eb2-b4a7-ff1d80810055
  6. Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver Not Installing Error - Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver Not Installing Error - Please help!: Hi I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 3675 with Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 x64. Laptop Specs: Intel Core i5-8250U, Intel UHD 620 Graphics, 480GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4 RAM Currently, I have version 27.20.100.8681 of the Intel HD Graphics driver. I went to Dell Support Page...
  7. Intel Graphic driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Graphic driver: Hi, I have intel Core i5-7400 @3.00GHz motherboard and it haven't show me intel graphic driver on windows manager. when i install the software manually it show me an error on device manager error code 31. How can i install my intel driver?...
  8. intel graphic driver

intel graphic driver: On 6/8/10 installed new feature update, the next day my red colors were pink. I checked Intel control panel and checked color settings to find green was green, blue was blue, but red was pink. I checked device manager and check Intel(R) HD graphics family and it noted...
  9. Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help

Intel graphics driver keeps rolling back - please help: Hi, I have a weird issue with my intel HD Graphics 620 drivers. Most times I turn on my laptop, I find that my brightness control in Windows 10 no longer works. The screen is dim and turning up the brightness control makes no difference. The fix I have found for this is to...
  10. Intel HD Graphics driver keeps on reverting back to previous version

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics driver keeps on reverting back to previous version: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7447 and its integrated GPU is Intel HD Graphics 4600. When I download the latest driver online and install it, it works. However, a few hours later, after booting up my system, I see that the driver has downgraded to the previous version. This...