Windows 10: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 incompatible with 10

Discus and support Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 incompatible with 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello All I have a HP mini 210-1000 laptop that is currently running windows 7 with SP1 with no problems. According to the "Get Windows 10" program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by PhilC, Oct 20, 2015.

1. PhilC Win User

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 incompatible with 10

Hello All
    I have a HP mini 210-1000 laptop that is currently running windows 7 with SP1 with no problems. According to the "Get Windows 10" program I cannot upgrade to windows 10 as the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 has a compatibility issue. Does anyone know if there are updated drivers? I have searched HP and Intel's website but could not find anything however I read on this forum where one person was able to install 10 on the HP with the atom processor and the Intel 3150 graphics without any issues.

Thanks in advance

Phil

:)

PhilC, Oct 20, 2015

2. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 incompatible with Windows 10

You need a compatible hardware further proceeding for upgrading to windows 10.

if you do so those hardware won`t works anymore in windows 10

Gopal Raha, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 incompatible with Windows 10

Check your PC manufacturer's website and see if there is any new update for graphic card. If not, then contact their support, meanwhile , you may also discuss this with Intel's support.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

I as well have read that this graphics card should be incompatible with Windows 10. If there is someone, who got it running, you might ask him on how he did it. It would be great, if you could report back the results!

However, the latest drivers for that card only support Windows 7 32 Bit. There already are no drivers for Windows 8 and 8.1 and Intel confirmed that there also will not be any drivers for Windows 10. I assume that - at least out of the box - this card will not work under Windows 10.

Joergi, Oct 20, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Yes it will work in Windows 10, but Microsoft won't allow you to upgrade via the Get Windows 10 utility in order to discourage you and make you buy a new computer. It can work with the Windows 7 drivers. I would recommend taking a full system backup or even cloning the disk to another, just to be on the safe side. Then forget Get Windows 10, just download the ISO from here and use it to upgrade to Windows 10. After successfully upgrading to Windows 10, right-click on Windows 7 driver and Run as Administrator. You may have to also set compatibility to Windows 7 or even hack the INF files, but either way it CAN and will work in Windows 10. Don't worry about that.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  6. PhilC Win User
    I should have mentioned in my first post that the Windows 7 install is 64bit and working fine.

Thanks for the info. I have an iso on a USB for installing Windows 10 and was going to use it but I was not sure if the first installation had to be done through the "Get Windows 10" utility in order for activation to work.

Regards

Phil

PhilC, Oct 27, 2015
  7. PhilC Win User
    Ok so I took a gamble and installed Windows 10. It worked fine but will not activate. My assumption about having to use the "Get windows 10" utility for the first install is correct.

PhilC, Oct 30, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Did you upgrade from previous Windows version or did a clean-install? To activate a clean-install you must either activate an upgrade first or create the activation token as described in this post. If you have a spare disk you can install your previous OS, activate and create the token as described here. Then use it to activate Windows 10, provided you have installed the corresponding version (Home for Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium or Windows 8.1 core. Pro for Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate or 8.1 Pro). If you have installed the wrong version by mistake, then you have to format and clean-install again.

spapakons, Oct 30, 2015
  9. PhilC Win User
    Thanks for the info. I have used the tutorial to activate windows 10 without any problems.

As for the graphics driver, device manager lists a Intel Graphics Media Acclerator 3150 with no issues. I did not install the driver windows installation did it.

Thanks again for the help.

PhilC, Nov 4, 2015
  10. JohnLF Win User
    I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with my rather ancient Asus Eee PC Seashell that has the 3150 accelerator. No problems or so I thought. However have just found out that I cannot access the Windows search box as, it appears, screen resolution is incompatible. I can get the Cortana voice search but that is no use as the microphone in computer is incompatible with Windows 10. Has anyone any suggestions?

JohnLF, Dec 30, 2015
  11. spapakons Win User
    If your native resolution is 1024x600 is rather limiting, but I had come across a registry hack that allows an extra resolution 1024x768. This is scaled to 1024x600, so the desktop won't be perfectly sharp as in the 1024x600 but should allow you to run modern apps without any issue. The registry hack was for Intel graphics 945G in an Acer Aspire One A150, and newer Intel graphics driver could do that without the registry hack. So first find the latest graphics driver for your own graphics card. It doesn't have to be for Windows 10, for 8 or 7 should also work OK in 10. Install that, restart and see if you can set the resolution to 1024x768 either directly from Display Properties, or creating a new custom resolution from Intel's Control Panel (Graphics Properties). If this doesn't work, Google "Netbook 1024x768 regedit" or similar to find something like that here.

spapakons, Dec 31, 2015
  12. JohnLF Win User
    Many thanks. I've tried downloading the latest version of the driver for Windows 7. However, when I try to install it I get a message saying that currently installed version, presumably installed by the Windows 10 upgrade, is newer. Because of this I haven't installed. Should I install? I can't set screen resolution to 1024 x 768 with currently installed version.

I can't carry out your final suggestion I don't think as cannot get a seach box (that's my problem) in which to type "regedit"

JohnLF, Jan 1, 2016
  13. spapakons Win User

Install the "older" version anyway. An Intel driver is always preferred over a "newer" Microsoft driver. Press Win+R and type regedit to execute Registry Editor, no need to search for it.

spapakons, Jan 1, 2016
  14. JohnLF Win User
    Many thanks. Installed the Intel driver and now all working*Thumbs

JohnLF, Jan 2, 2016
  15. spapakons Win User
    I just wish I hadn't sell my Acer Aspire One to my friend. Damn debts, I needed the money...

spapakons, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 incompatible with 10 - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics Media

2. intel g41 express chipset new driver graphics media accelerator or driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel g41 express chipset new driver graphics media accelerator or driver: I HAVE WINDOWS 10 64BIT AND I HAVE PROBLEMS ABOUT INTEL G41 EXPRESS CHIPSET MY DRIVER VERSION DATE IS 2011 GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR SO THAT OLD VERSION MY PC PERFOMANCE IS MEDIUM LOW CAN ANYONE SHARE NEW INTEL G41 EXPRESS CHIPSET DRIVER WITH GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR OR...
  3. intel g41 express chipset new driver graphics media accelerator or driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    intel g41 express chipset new driver graphics media accelerator or driver: I HAVE WINDOWS 10 64BIT AND I HAVE PROBLEMS ABOUT INTEL G41 EXPRESS CHIPSET MY DRIVER VERSION DATE IS 2011 GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR SO THAT OLD VERSION MY PC PERFOMANCE IS MEDIUM LOW CAN ANYONE SHARE NEW INTEL G41 EXPRESS CHIPSET DRIVER WITH GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR OR...
  4. intel g41 express chipset new driver graphics media accelerator or driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having a problem with graphic acceleration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having a problem with graphic acceleration: hello friends I am using hp4530s hp laptop I upgraded it from windows 7 to 10 .I have this software sketchup2019 software for 3d modelling ever since I moved from using the 2016 model version of the soft ware it tells me I need to enable graphic acceleration ,but with my...
  6. Intel GMA 3150 device driver not working on Windows 10

Intel GMA 3150 device driver not working on Windows 10: My PC got frozen after instaling Intel GMA 3150 device driver on Windows 10 April 2018 update. Older build never do this problem before. Please help....
  7. Difficulty Playing Old OpenGL Games with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Under Windows...

Difficulty Playing Old OpenGL Games with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Under Windows...: I have an Acer TravelMate 4200 with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. I installed Windows 10 on it to see if it could handle it. So far everything works except that I can no longer play Jedi Knight II on it. The game worked perfectly under Windows XP Pro on the...
  8. Intel 3150 vs Windows 10 graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel 3150 vs Windows 10 graphics: Have been running Win10 on my little Samsung N145 laptot more or less as a test bed to see how well it can run on underpowered machines. I was in the insider programme so was running it on everything I could. Had this old laptot kicking around everyone had forgotten the...
  9. AMD driver replaced by Intel graphics media Accelerator 3150 (WDDM 1.0

AMD driver replaced by Intel graphics media Accelerator 3150 (WDDM 1.0: Aspire One D225E 2G Ram As I recall during the Windows 10 install the Graphics driver was a AMD Radeon HD 6290 ver 15.200.1062.1004 which is current. I have an external display, just a generic, plugged into the video port and all was working well for several days. I...
  10. intel graphics & 'hardware acceleration' in chrome

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    intel graphics & 'hardware acceleration' in chrome: 1. any reliable data on how good i5 2410m is? 2. and any evidence for what 'gpu acceleration' in chrome helps with? if not, ill turn it off 107120

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is intel graphics media accelerator 3150 compatible with windows 10