Windows 10: Intel Graphics no longer has OpenGL

Discus and support Intel Graphics no longer has OpenGL in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to launch a program this morning and was told I do not have the correct version of OpenGL installed on my Surface Go. When I opened the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AriBy, May 3, 2020.

1. AriBy Win User

Intel Graphics no longer has OpenGL

I tried to launch a program this morning and was told I do not have the correct version of OpenGL installed on my Surface Go. When I opened the Intel Graphics Command Center, it showed no version of OpenGL was installed. I tried updating the Intel Drivers and it still hasn't worked. The program worked at least 3 weeks ago. I can't find any solution to get OpenGL installed.

:)

AriBy, May 3, 2020

2. Need OPENGL

The issue is that the Microsoft-supplied WHQL driver for Intel HD Graphics 4000 lacks OpenGL support. The native Intel drivers for Windows 8 and previous included OpenGL support, but Intel no longer directly supplies these drivers for Windows 10 per Microsoft's
    directive. This seems to be a common theme where Microsoft favors their Direct3D over OpenGL, but effectively renders Windows 10 unusable for many popular graphics apps/games.

I wound up backing out several Windows 10 upgrades and will stick with Windows 7 for the long haul.

FlipperDolphin, May 3, 2020
  3. opengl

Hi nickolebailey

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

Update OpenGL Driver Manually

Due to the fact that OpenGL driver is embedded with the Intel graphics card, the time you feel like finding the driver on your own, you just need to get the latest graphics driver.

Here for different display card, be it AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA card, you are supposed to their individual official site.

Here take the example of updating Intel ICD OpenGL driver as an example. Of course, it is accessible to download AMD OpenGL or NVIDIA OpenGL driver on AMD or NVIDIA site.

Navigate to Intel official site.

Drivers & Software

On Intel site, click Graphics driver.

Choose your Intel model and then Filter by Drivers, Windows 10 64 bit. You need to enter your Windows type, like Windows 10 32-bit,

Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the Intel HD graphics driver.

On the basis of that, you will have also updated Intel ICD OpenGL driver for Windows 10.

Update OpenGL Driver in Device Manager

Otherwise, it makes sense to get the OpenGL driver from the graphics driver within Windows 10. That is to say, you can attempt to let Windows device manager find the driver you need.

Open Device Manager.

Expand Display adapters and then right click the graphics driver to Update driver. Here your display card may be AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA or any other ones with different brands

Try to Search automatically for the updated driver software.

If possible, the Device Manager will locate the latest graphics driver for you. You can install it on Windows 10 in the hope that the OpenGL driver can be updated.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, May 3, 2020
  4. nikMK Win User

Graphics driver OpenGL issue

Im using an old laptop with "mobile intel 965 express chipset family"

Im trying to launch a few applications but they are giving me an error about OpenGL extensions and it gives me a warning that my GPU might not support OpenGL apps.

These same apps were running fine on Windows 7 which was the default OS.

Where can i manually download OpenGL drivers for my graphics card?

I tried the intel website but there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers according to their filters.

The only win10 download i found was an INF update tool.

nikMK, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel Graphics no longer has OpenGL - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics longer

2. How To Update OpenGL at İntel Pentium E5700

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Update OpenGL at İntel Pentium E5700: When I opened a game to play, I received an error message that the OpenGL version was outdated and I could not open the game without updating. I have a computer with Intel PentiumR Dual-Core CPU E5700. How can I update?...
  3. How To Update OpenGL at İntel Pentium E5700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Update OpenGL at İntel Pentium E5700: When I opened a game to play, I received an error message that the OpenGL version was outdated and I could not open the game without updating. I have a computer with Intel PentiumR Dual-Core CPU E5700. How can I update?...
  4. opengl with Windows 11 and intel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opengl with Windows 11 and intel: Hey guys,I came across a problem while I was trying to use an app Anki. When trying to use the app my screen started glitching. I am pretty sure the problem is due to me not having an open gl driver because of an error code . I am using an acer swift 3 with windows 11 and my...
  5. opengl with Windows 11 and intel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opengl with Windows 11 and intel: Hey guys,I came across a problem while I was trying to use an app Anki. When trying to use the app my screen started glitching. I am pretty sure the problem is due to me not having an open gl driver because of an error code . I am using an acer swift 3 with windows 11 and my...
  6. OpenGL ES Error: Can’t find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver

in Windows 10 News
    OpenGL ES Error: Can’t find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver: [IMG]When playing a game or running a program, or using Google Chrome, many Windows users are seeing OpenGL ES Error: Can’t find the name of the Intel ICD OpenGL driver error. In this guide, we have a few solutions to fix this error on your Windows 11/10 computer. OpenGL ES...
  7. Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics: After having a blank screen on start up occasionally I decided to uninstall the display driver in Device manager. I shutdown and rebooted and it reinstalled itself and everything seemed ok. I have noticed now that my Intel HD graphic app which I use for setting display...
  8. Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Graphics: What version of the Intel Graphics are in Dell XPS computers? the website is not clear, I am not a gamer but I want it to play 4K video 155654
  9. Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics

Intel Hd Graphics downgraded to Regular Intel Graphics: Hello, I formated my computer and before that under (DeviceManager>Display Adapter) i had Intel HD Graphics with that I was able to play 3D rendered games like Minecart but When I formatted my Laptop the Display adapter changed to "Intel Family Chipset" I can't play...
  10. Difficulty Playing Old OpenGL Games with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Under Windows...

Difficulty Playing Old OpenGL Games with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Under Windows...: I have an Acer TravelMate 4200 with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. I installed Windows 10 on it to see if it could handle it. So far everything works except that I can no longer play Jedi Knight II on it. The game worked perfectly under Windows XP Pro on the...