Windows 10: Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters

Discus and support Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just built my first PC. I have a MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi mother board, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a WD Black 1 TB NVME M.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelShelnutt, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters

Hello,

I just built my first PC. I have a MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi mother board, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a WD Black 1 TB NVME M.2 hard drive. I also have a ASRock Radeon RX570 4 GB graphics card installed.

I am running this with a brand new Windows 10 Home installed.

I just got my HDMI cables to connect my second monitor, however it is not recognizing the connection. It will not "detect" the second monitor under the Display Settings, and under the Device Manager, it only shows the Radeon Graphics Card under the Display Adapters.

In the Motherboard settings, I turned the native graphics from "auto" to "Force". Rebooted, but no change. Maybe I need to download something from Microsoft?

:)

MichaelShelnutt, Sep 4, 2020

2. I have two display adapters showing...

Looking at Display Adapters in Device Manager of my Thinkpad 540p laptop I see two display adapters listed, an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA GeForce GT730M. The reason I was looking was that I am having some issues with some photo display software and it was suggested that hardware GPU acceleration could be the problem and I was checking that the drivers are up to date (they are). My question is: do I need both these adapters to be enabled? Could they be conflicting? I am hesitant to disable anything without asking advice first. Can I disable (say) the Intel adapter without seriously disabling my machine?

rafikiphoto, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now.

thanks.

BrianMolloy, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters

Intel HD Graphics Display Driver Windows 10

Hi Harpinder;

First, I want to thank you for replying and offering a possible solution to this problem. It is appreciated.

Second, don't assume that I didn't follow instructions or that I don't use web search (google/bing). I do. I use it heavily.

Third, the solution and instructions given did NOT work for me. No matter what I did - including extracting the Intel drivers and pointing the update drivers action to the extracted folder - I could not get the update to install. It always gave me the
    "you have the latest drivers" response. However, you did prompt me to think about another process I might try...

Forth, what did work for me is this...

• Download the Intel HD5000 drivers from this location. It is OK just to download the exe. But do NOT run the installer... just save it: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]
    • Open Device Manager
    • Open properties for Display Adapters > Intel HD Graphics 5000
    • Click Driver tab and then Uninstall button.
    • In the uninstall confirmation box, click the checkbox to "Delete the driver software for this device"
    • Click OK to proceed with the delete. The system will need to restart, and when it does it will come up with the Microsoft Basic Display driver listed in the Device Manager > Display Adapters.
    • Do NOT run scan for new hardware.
    • Run the Intel HD5000 driver installer that was downloaded in step #1.

Those are the steps that worked for me. It would be great to hear feedback on the steps that worked for others.

Norm Sash-ns, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters

1. Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics showing

2. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  3. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  4. What happens if I disable Intel HD Graphics 5600 under the Display Adapters tab in Device...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I disable Intel HD Graphics 5600 under the Display Adapters tab in Device...: I do have a built-in graphics card, if that helps. I'm having problems with my VR headset and the display port is connected to Integrated Graphics so I want to connect it directly to the Graphics Card by disabling Intel. Let me know if I'm just destroying my PC or if this...
  5. Intel Integrated graphics not showing up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Integrated graphics not showing up.: I recently installed DisplayCal on my computer and since then I am missing the Intel Integrated graphics option on my PC. I have two monitors setup on my GPU and a TV linked to the motherboards HDMI port My RX580 only has one HDMI port. I have lost the ability to detect my...
  6. Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver

Display adapters - Intel HD graphics driver: I have deleted and removed the display adapter for a Dell XPS 13 9380 . I have downloaded the Intel HD graphics driver from Dell Website but now i cannot see this in the list on my device manager. i dont know know what to do now. thanks....
  7. Microsoft basic graphics adapter not updating to Intel HD Graphics

Microsoft basic graphics adapter not updating to Intel HD Graphics: so i had this nvidia graphics adapter and whenever i updated its driver it only made my screen black and i cant see anything so i had to remove the driver update everytime because i though i can fix it somehow with something, but i got tired one day and just deleted it i had...
  8. Graphic display adapters

Graphic display adapters: There has recently been a kerfuffle over graphics devices failing my first n PC's post upgrade to Windows 10. While I am almost certain there is long standing g technical and or security reasoning behind this failure, it may be useful for there to be a posted list of...
  9. Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics

Unable to upgrade Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics: Hello guys! I've been stuck on this problem for weeks and I can't seem to find a fix or anyone to know anything about this in other forums. Basically what I did was I went to install a clean version of Windows 10 using the media creation tool, after the installation I tried...
  10. No Graphic card under display adapters.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Graphic card under display adapters.: hi guys, i already tried this on the sevenforums but since i upgraded another (older) laptop to windows 10 with no problems, actually 2x faster higher fps on games and overall better feeling, i wanted to upgrade that laptop also. So the windows 10 upgrade went perfect,...